So February, Leap Day and all, has come and gone. Your votes have been tallied and your winners have been announced. You can find the results here.

Feel free to discuss the results below.

Metal Storm Staff

Posted: 01.03.2012 by BitterCOld

Comments page 6 of 6

‹‹ Back to the News Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]

Mr. Doctor - 05.03.2012 at 20:16
Written by Daniell on 05.03.2012 at 17:46

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 05.03.2012 at 16:52

What I find funny is that all those people going apeshit over the fact we deem Machine Head thrash haven't told is what Machine Head plays (according to them)

Because they have no bloody clue

Which really shows who are indeed the so called "fucking idiots who should die".
Captain Obvious - 05.03.2012 at 20:59
Such a manly form of music... so much whining and complaining. You can cut the irony with a knife.
Abattoir - 05.03.2012 at 21:47
Written by BloodTears on 04.03.2012 at 12:51

Written by Abattoir on 04.03.2012 at 12:01

The post-metal battle was pretty close one as expected...unfortunately the winner is not my favourite, but still

Who did you want to win?

Dirge, though it was a difficult decision.
TrollandDie - 05.03.2012 at 23:48
A great year. I can't be the only one who uses this mainly as a way to find the best material from last year rather than giving a shit about who won.
Mr. Doctor - 06.03.2012 at 00:00
Written by TrollandDie on 05.03.2012 at 23:48

Nah you are not the only one... But you guys are definitely not the majority!
Keep it up like that.
JCJen7 - 06.03.2012 at 07:08
Written by TrollandDie on 05.03.2012 at 23:48

I'm absolutely with you. Found about 10 great releases in 2010, and still searching through this last awards.
M C Vice - 06.03.2012 at 11:56
Written by TrollandDie on 05.03.2012 at 23:48

Not really, but I've already got the winners in the catagories I'm interested in (symphonic and the 2 blacks).
Do any of the high placed doom ones have mostly clean vocals, apart from Isole and Ixion?
Marcel Hubregtse - 06.03.2012 at 17:29

clean 7. Argus - Boldly Stride The Doomed 39
clean Black Oath - The Third Aeon 39
quite clean though a bit rough 9. Serpentcult - Raised By Wolves 29
ignore album like the plague 10. Antropophobia - Scream In Emptiness 14
ignore album like the plague 11. KYPCK - Nizhe (write-in vote) 13
clean 12. Lord Vicar - Signs Of Osiris (write-in vote) 10
clean Pentagram - Last Rites (write-in vote)
BitterCOld - 06.03.2012 at 17:59
Written by Cock is Intruder on 05.03.2012 at 12:18

You have to accept that those intelligent guys all have been banned, and only left a bunch of obidient student members here.... What can you expect from these students ? This site should be called "student metal storm".

i'm going to take a stab at this.

we don't ban intelligent people. but we do ban trolls who go out of their way to endlessly harass other users, ignore warnings, and create multiple accounts because they have to froth at the keyboard more.

not sure which is sadder - their inability to walk away from a community that they simply don't fit in with or their inability to accept a position other than their own.

of course, based upon wording, account creation time, and other factors i am willing to bet that you are the same douche i've already nuked 3-4 times under various aliases.
EW - 07.03.2012 at 05:16
I like all the metalgaze releases in the awards but can't get into Falloch at all. If anyone can give me a reason why they voted for them over the others i will give them another shot.
M C Vice - 07.03.2012 at 06:48
Written by BitterCOld on 06.03.2012 at 17:59

Written by Cock is Intruder on 05.03.2012 at 12:18

Has anyone made multiple accounts and got into a fight with themselves? I've always wanted to do that.
M C Vice - 07.03.2012 at 12:19
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 06.03.2012 at 17:29

Written by M C Vice on 06.03.2012 at 11:56

Written by TrollandDie on 05.03.2012 at 23:48

ignore album like the plague 10. Antropophobia - Scream In Emptiness 14
ignore album like the plague 11. KYPCK - Nizhe (write-in vote) 13

These ones aren't any good, I take it?
Marcel Hubregtse - 07.03.2012 at 12:45
Written by M C Vice on 07.03.2012 at 12:19

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 06.03.2012 at 17:29

Written by M C Vice on 06.03.2012 at 11:56

Written by TrollandDie on 05.03.2012 at 23:48

ignore album like the plague 10. Antropophobia - Scream In Emptiness 14
ignore album like the plague 11. KYPCK - Nizhe (write-in vote) 13

These ones aren't any good, I take it?

not to me, no
qlacs - 07.03.2012 at 13:31
Except a few categories, generic stuff won of course.
Troy Killjoy - 07.03.2012 at 19:43
Written by M C Vice on 07.03.2012 at 12:19
These ones aren't any good, I take it?

They are not. Not even sure how they managed so many votes, let alone one receiving a nomination. :/
Cynic Metalhead - 07.03.2012 at 21:55
/Biggest letdown:

very fair judgement. MA lost by around 100 votes shows that they still haven't lost the "old" golden glory.
afu - 11.03.2012 at 08:10
It's just fan votes, people. It's all subjective. You say it's a shame the most popular bands won most of the time? They are popular, because people like them. When people like them, they vote for them. Breathe and relax.
Ace Frawley - 21.03.2012 at 05:12
Message to the administrators: how about an award for overall album of the year, irrespective of sub-genre? I think it would be interesting to see which album is considered the best by the most people.
( invisible ) - 21.03.2012 at 05:18
Written by Ace Frawley on 21.03.2012 at 05:12

Farrari sport car, Mercedes bus and Audi jeep which one is consodered the best ?
(All got four wheels (music), but different types (genres), so is it a good idea to choose the best among them ?)
Ace Frawley - 21.03.2012 at 11:24
Written by ( invisible ) on 21.03.2012 at 05:18

Written by Ace Frawley on 21.03.2012 at 05:12

Fair point but I like to think your analogy would work better if you were quoting similar cars i.e. all sports cars, or all buses etc. The reason being - we are talking about one genre of music - METAL. I reckon your analogy is more akin to trying to compare an overall best album amongst different music genres, like rock, jazz, classical. Not a big deal anyway as all these polls are just the subjective views of the voters. I take your point though.
( invisible ) - 21.03.2012 at 11:45
Quote:
.....all these polls are just the subjective views of the voters.....

Are you saying Metal Storm's ratings are not accurate ?? (joking..). It was true in same ways, recently I bought Havok-Burn and Helloween-Seven Siners because of the high ratings here, ended up disappointments.

I still think that it is better than none, at least won't get pure shit album if I check the listings before making a purchase. MS still got its contributions.

MS lack of professional music critics is their main issue. I have been trying to spot some good critics here but stil have not found any yet.
wildmadrigal - 02.01.2013 at 13:28
So when will start the voting for MS Awards 2012!

I suggest it not to be during the entire month because it is a long wait for the final results. I think just two weeks of voting is enough.

Waiting to vote

Cheers
Marcel Hubregtse - 02.01.2013 at 13:37
Written by wildmadrigal on 02.01.2013 at 13:28

So when will start the voting for MS Awards 2012!

Waiting to vote

Cheers

the first oen is in

were you an MS member before the 2011 award were published?

If not then voting starts February 1 and you got the entire month to do so.
Mr. Doctor - 02.01.2013 at 13:37
Written by wildmadrigal on 02.01.2013 at 13:28
So when will start the voting for MS Awards 2012!

Take this article, print it and frame it for your desk.
Marcel Hubregtse - 02.01.2013 at 13:38
Written by Mr. Doctor on 02.01.2013 at 13:37

Written by wildmadrigal on 02.01.2013 at 13:28
So when will start the voting for MS Awards 2012!

Take this article, print it and frame it for your desk.

check his profile he joined in March 2011, so he is excused
Mr. Doctor - 02.01.2013 at 13:40
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 02.01.2013 at 13:38

Written by Mr. Doctor on 02.01.2013 at 13:37

Written by wildmadrigal on 02.01.2013 at 13:28
So when will start the voting for MS Awards 2012!

Take this article, print it and frame it for your desk.
check his profile he joined in March 2011, so he is excused

Yeah, he is... I honestly didn't post it in order to mock him though (ok, the frame-part might have been a mockery xD). Since the article also answers the question regarding time better than I could.
wildmadrigal - 02.01.2013 at 14:07
Ok folks!

I voted on the last year, for 2011 MS awards and I was a little sure that the voting was done during january...but it seems it wasn't right!

Also, I didn't know about that article with the rules. But thanks for the info!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]