Dutch multi-instrumentalist Arjen Lucassen (and the mastermind behind Ayreon) has revealed recently the title of his upcoming solo album as well as a poster created from the cover artwork designed by the artist Claudio Bergamin. The album will be entitled Lost In The New Real and it will be released on April 23rd in Europe and May 8th in the US via InsideOut.

Arjen also announced that he was able to enlist the talents of screen actor Rutger Hauer as the narrator on his forthcoming solo album. He commented: "This is a dream come true. Rutger is not only one of my favorite actors, he also starred in my all-time favorite sci-fi movie, Blade Runner. It was marvelous work, very creative."

Lost In The New Real tracklist:

Disc I
01. The New Real
02. Pink Beatles In A Purple Zeppelin
03. Parental Procreation Permit
04. When I'm A Hundred Sixty-Four
05. E-Police
06. Don't Switch Me Off
07. Dr Slumber's Eternity Home
08. Yellowstone Memorial Day
09. Where Pigs Fly
10. Lost In The New Real
+ Bonus CD Rom section: "Behind The New Real"

Disc II
01. Our Imperfect Race
02. Welcome To The Machine [Pink Floyd cover]
03. So Is There No God?
04. Veteran Of The Psychic Wars [Blue Oyster Cult cover]
05. The Social Recluse
06. Battle Of Evermore [Led Zeppelin cover]
07. The Space Hotel
08. Some Other Time [Alan Parsons Project cover]
09. You Have Entered The Reality Zone
10. I'm The Slime [Frank Zappa cover]
+ Bonus CD Rom section: "The Artwork"

Source: arjenlucassen.com
Band profile: Ayreon

Posted: 07.03.2012 by Dark Blood

Comments

Unhealer - 07.03.2012 at 21:04
Bizarre covers.

If it sounds as sci-fi as the cover artwork I probably won't like it.
Marcel Hubregtse - 07.03.2012 at 21:06
Okay never liked the guy's solo work.... but I gotta admit this is one of the best song titles ever " Pink Beatles In A Purple Zeppelin"
Introspekrieg - 07.03.2012 at 21:09
With Rutger Hauer and those covers, my interest is officially piqued.
Cynic Metalhead - 07.03.2012 at 21:51
"Switch Me Off"

I am looking for this button..!
ArcesseEum - 07.03.2012 at 21:51
Welcome To The Machine [Pink Floyd cover] - This should make it all worth it.
Promonex - 07.03.2012 at 23:44
Wasn't too fond of his other two solo albums. Don't think I'll be particularly fond of this one either.
Trojanman190 - 08.03.2012 at 00:09
I both love and despise that album artwork...
Angel_Lament - 08.03.2012 at 00:12
Awesome news, though the cover made me feel like it was 1969 again...
Dark Forever - 08.03.2012 at 00:55
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 07.03.2012 at 21:06

It's also one of the best songs in the album, at least regarding the chorus melody.

The album is a masterpiece, trust me. Very nice concept, well written songs and breath taking covers of Pink Floyd, Blue Öyster Cult, Led Zeppelin, The Alan Parsons Project and Frank Zappa.
LeChron James - 08.03.2012 at 02:41
I'm down for listening to the covers. I don't know dick about Arjen's music other than that I don't like Ayreon all that much. But since this isn't Ayreon, it might be better.
R'Vannith - 08.03.2012 at 05:05
A Floyd, BOC and Alan Parsons cover!? Yes please! Can't wait to hear what Arjen does with 'Veteran of the Psychic Wars', one my favourite BOC tracks.
strade - 08.03.2012 at 05:23
Written by R'Vannith on 08.03.2012 at 05:05

Literally came here just to comment on the covering of that one track. I positively love "Veteran of the Psychic Wars," along with all the other songs on Fire of Unknown Origin.

This could be a really good release, and luckily I haven't heard an Arjen project in a long time (too much can get a little... flowery).
R'Vannith - 08.03.2012 at 06:58
Written by strade on 08.03.2012 at 05:23

Written by R'Vannith on 08.03.2012 at 05:05

A good choice for a BOC cover too, fits well with the theme.

As for me if there is an album put out under his name I'm usually not left disappointed. It will be interesting to see what he can do flying solo.
Hughes - 08.03.2012 at 12:10
I think the cover artwork is great imo has the cheesy 60s taste of sci fi movies and u can also see the dream sequencer! the cover songs are interesting ,want to hear what he has done with em and the names of the songs of the album seem really interesting to see the lyrics behind em too!
ChampionOfPower - 08.03.2012 at 20:33
While I don't think Arjen has the vocal chops of the many singers he usually brings in for his projects, I'm sure I'll still end up owning this album. In one way or another I've always enjoyed his various projects, from Ayreon to Star One.
Sr Tumnus - 09.03.2012 at 05:33
Dont like de art.... but maybe the album rulz!!!!!

News Exodus - New Album Title, Cover Art And More Revealed 10 01.08.2014 by Marcel Hubregtse
News To-Mera - Unveil New Album Title And Cover Art 10 06.07.2012 by Syk
News Overkill - New Album Title And Cover Art Revealed 10 24.01.2012 by AndMetalForAll
News Christopher Amott - New Solo Album Title And Cover Artwork Unveiled 10 06.07.2012 by Mad Arab666
News Blaze Bayley - New Album Title And Cover Art Revealed 10 04.11.2009 by Vitriolic Hate