Storm Corrosion, the debut self-titled album from Storm Corrosion, the new project from Opeth's Mikael Åkerfeldt and Porcupine Tree's Steven Wilson, will be released on May 7th through Roadrunner Records. The album will be available on a special edition Blu-ray/CD set and a collector's edition double LP bundle and can already be pre-ordered here.

Double-LP set:
• Limited Edition Double-LP set of the self-titled album with exclusive artwork
• 180-Gram black virgin vinyl in gatefold jacket
• Digital download of high quality Flac files of the entire album
• Autographed 12" x 12" poster of exclusive artwork

13. Drag Ropes [demo]
14. Hag [demo]

Source: roadrunnerrecords.co.uk

Posted: 12.03.2012 by BloodTears

Comments

PocketMetal - 12.03.2012 at 12:15
Hoping for a masterpiece , I really like both of them .
Korah - 12.03.2012 at 13:00
This will be great. I'm sure about that.
Giza - 12.03.2012 at 13:06
Wilson said it's going to follow the same musical direction as Grace For Drowning and Opeth's Heritage.
I liked GFD but I disliked Heritage. Really interested what will become of this one.
K†ulu - 12.03.2012 at 13:20
The cover art is great. As far as expectations, I am staying reserved.
Unhealer - 12.03.2012 at 14:52
I have hopes for this one. I loved GFD and liked Heritage a lot, so this should be a nice output.
Daniell - 12.03.2012 at 15:31
This can go both ways. Either an excellent outpouring of two very talented minds that will blow us away, or a completely self-indulgent turd of an album. Keeping my fingers crossed for the former but fearing that, judging by Heritage, it may become the latter.
Czerny Reiter - 12.03.2012 at 16:15
Two of my favourite musicians so this is sure not to leave me indifferent. I'm a little stinged with Heritage but Grace... was to me the best non-metal release of 2011. Here's hoping that the album will be more influenced by Wilson than Akerfeldt.
Kwis - 12.03.2012 at 18:50
I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than utterly dissapointed, thus not expecting too much.
BloodTears - 12.03.2012 at 20:04
Written by Daniell on 12.03.2012 at 15:31

This can go both ways. Either an excellent ourpouring of two very talented minds that will blow us away, or a completely self-indulgent turd of an album. Keeping my fingers crossed for the former but fearing that, judging by Heritage, it may become the latter.

I have a quite similar view on this. The expectations will be tremendous. I'm trying to curb my enthusiasm for once.
Opethian - 14.03.2012 at 00:11
Pre Ordered

News Kiske/Somerville - Details Of Debut Album Revealed 7.5 22.07.2010 by Metal Maiden
News Nephesh - Debut Album Details Revealed 7.5 18.09.2009 by BitterCOld
News The Man-Eating Tree - Debut Album Details, New Song And Teaser Revealed 7.5 17.07.2010 by Vitriolic Hate
News Cap De Craniu - Debut Album Details Revealed, New Video Online 7.5 09.02.2012 by Valentin B
News Pavillon Rouge - Debut Album Details Revealed 7 30.01.2012 by Black Conundrum