UK progressive metal outfit Tesseract has released a trailer for their upcoming acoustic EP titled Perspective. The new EP will feature reworked versions of songs from the band's debut album One and a cover version, and it will be released on May 21st in Europe and one day later in North America via Century Media.

The band commented on the new release: "It was really exciting to work out how to make these songs work in the acoustic realm. A totally different perspective was required, and we're really happy with the result. It's a massive curveball, and I'm sure it will be a massive shock to our fans, as although it sounds like Tesseract in every possible way, it is very much an exploration of a totally different and brand new side to us."

"The EP quickly evolved from just a bare bones raw acoustic collection, to an acoustic inspired EP. The reason for this is simple. We love to experiment and see how far we can take things. The studio is both a canvas and laboratory for us, where we like to explore both the technical production elements as well as the artistic creative elements."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Tesseract

Posted: 13.03.2012 by Void Eater

Comments

BloodTears - 13.03.2012 at 12:38
I just wished they wouldn't focus so much on the past. I want new material!
Unhealer - 13.03.2012 at 14:37
Written by BloodTears on 13.03.2012 at 12:38

I just wished they wouldn't focus so much on the past. I want new material!

I guess they want to try out the new singer first.

This should be good, the samples sound lovely.
Giza - 13.03.2012 at 16:57
Written by BloodTears on 13.03.2012 at 12:38

I just wished they wouldn't focus so much on the past. I want new material!

I agree. They should just release it as a bonus to the limited edition of the next album or something.
BloodTears - 14.03.2012 at 20:01
I'm actually having a hard time adjusting to the new vocals, might take some time.
Mr. Doctor - 16.03.2012 at 09:26
Written by BloodTears on 14.03.2012 at 20:01

It was a while since I tried this band but from what I remember.... I preffer this.
BloodTears - 16.03.2012 at 10:27
Written by Mr. Doctor on 16.03.2012 at 09:26

Written by BloodTears on 14.03.2012 at 20:01

Yes? Maybe you should listen to "One" again with new ears and then compare it to this when it's released. I quite liked the first vocalist, the thing was he couldn't deliver live (and also wanted to leave apparently).

News Tesseract - New Album Release Date And Tracklist Announced 7.5 28.02.2013 by LeKiwi
News Kreator - Release New Single Trailer 5.5 07.04.2012 by .Nick
News Metallica - Release New DVD Trailer, Persian Tribute Album Available For Download 5.5 29.11.2012 by metal2000
News Antipope - Release Trailer For The New Album 5.5 13.02.2013 by sten