Finnish symphonic metallers Nightwish have released the trailer for the "Making of Imaginaerum" documentary, only available on the tour edition of Imaginaerum, which hits stores on April 13th via Nuclear Blast.

The band posted the following on their official website: "Full documentary is only available on Imaginaerum Tour Edition release! Get your copy and see how one of the most ambitious projects in rock history was made! This spectacular hour and a half long 'Making of Imaginaerum' documentary gives you an inside look to the recordings of the album and the movie. Documentary includes loads of never before seen Nightwish footage!"

Source: nightwish.com
Band profile: Nightwish

Posted: 14.03.2012 by Flower Metal

Comments

Troy Killjoy - 14.03.2012 at 20:55
Oh right, these guys are still alive. -_-
Mr. Doctor - 14.03.2012 at 21:04
Written by Troy Killjoy on 14.03.2012 at 20:55

Oh right, these guys are still alive. -_-

You are a dumbass! -_-
Troy Killjoy - 14.03.2012 at 21:08
Written by Mr. Doctor on 14.03.2012 at 21:04
You are a dumbass! -_-

I just forget about their existence all the time. And then every now and again this site reminds me they're still releasing material. It's always a bit of a surprise.
Mr. Doctor - 14.03.2012 at 21:09
Written by Troy Killjoy on 14.03.2012 at 21:08

Written by Mr. Doctor on 14.03.2012 at 21:04
You are a dumbass! -_-

It was actually a reference to the last 20 seconds of the video, it's hilariously bad.
Troy Killjoy - 14.03.2012 at 21:13
Written by Mr. Doctor on 14.03.2012 at 21:09

I honestly didn't even watch 20 seconds of this.
Mr. Doctor - 14.03.2012 at 21:28
Written by Troy Killjoy on 14.03.2012 at 21:13

I honestly didn't even watch 20 seconds of this.

I watched most of it True sons of darkness...
Dark Blood - 15.03.2012 at 03:09
Still curious to see the final product of this.
M C Vice - 15.03.2012 at 06:53
Who cares about the Nightwish movie. When are they gonna make a film version of Abigail or Into The Electric Castle?
Or an Immortal movie (Doing battle with the frostdemons in the grim and frostbitten realms of Blashyrkh. What more could you want from a movie than black metal and sword fights?)
Elodie Artour - 15.03.2012 at 14:25
I disagree with you guys. I love and support Nightwish for a reason. They've NEVER made a bad/mediocre record, they stand out from most Symphonic bands in the genre and on top of that, they come up with some pretty intriguing ideas such as this one. No, I'm not saying any of these things as a fan girl since I'm not even allowed to act like one any more. Releasing a film while being in a band is an ambitious project and I'm very much looking forward to the final result. If they can make their fans happy that way and actually earn some money... the heck, why not?
Troy Killjoy - 15.03.2012 at 15:59
That is actually spoken like a true fangirl.
Dark Blood - 15.03.2012 at 16:18
Written by Elodie Artour on 15.03.2012 at 14:25

I completely agree with you on that. Despite all the changes in the band and all that, and even considering that I'm not that fond of their sound as I used to be I feel that I, at the very least, owe them a little respect. And this album/movie thing that they are doing is very ambitious and respectful. I always admired Tuomas' work and ideas, and that will probably never fade away. Besides I'm still looking forward to seeing the film that they are putting so much effort and time into.
Bad English - 15.03.2012 at 23:42
Last part of trailer was nice. beavis n Buuthead would like this conversation
Nemmeth - 16.03.2012 at 00:06
''Get your copy and see how one of the most ambitious projects in rock history was made!''
Sorry, but just.. no. I don't hate Nightwish or anything and I really like some songs on the album, Marco's voice is always awesome like fuck and surely this must have costed blood, sweat and tears to make, but I feel Imaginaerum is not THE album Nightwish should make a whole documentary about. A lot of songs are way too experimental and sounds too much like movie soundtracks rather than metal songs. The album has strayed too far off metal, in my opinion. Surely it's a SYMPHONIC metal band, but one can go too far.
Elodie Artour - 16.03.2012 at 02:51
Written by Dark Blood on 15.03.2012 at 16:18

Written by Elodie Artour on 15.03.2012 at 14:25

Thanks, man!

@Nemmeth: No offence but how is being experimental or "not metal" a bad thing?
M C Vice - 16.03.2012 at 06:39
Written by Elodie Artour on 15.03.2012 at 14:25

I agree, but I just have a very, very bad feeling about this movie.
What about a Blood On Ice movie? Or stage show - Blood On Ice On Ice.
Nemmeth - 18.03.2012 at 00:40
Written by Elodie Artour on 16.03.2012 at 02:51

@Nemmeth: No offence but how is being experimental or "not metal" a bad thing?

Yeah I didn't meant to sound too generalizing actually, If Nightwish is happy with this album, good for them and they should make whatever they desire. I just stated my opinion. :p
Akram - 18.03.2012 at 02:09
Written by Nemmeth on 16.03.2012 at 00:06

'couldn't agree any more... enough said!
SymphAlchemist - 19.03.2012 at 02:21
"One of the most ambitious project in rock history"
Kwis - 22.03.2012 at 00:26
Not too sure about the movie, but the Imaginaerum album was a huge surprise and a quality release

News Nightwish - Imaginaerum Movie Score Samples Online 7.5 24.08.2012 by Jiri
News Nightwish - First Imaginaerum Movie Teaser Trailer Released 7.5 25.04.2012 by M C Vice
News Nightwish - Samples From Imaginaerum Available Online 7.5 18.11.2011 by Milena
News Nightwish - Official Imaginaerum Theatrical Trailer Released 7.5 17.10.2012 by Unhealer
News Randy Castillo - Remembered In Documentary, Trailer Online 5.5 07.09.2014 by slayerules