To commemorate Ulver's special performance at Roadburn 2012, Roadburn Records is releasing the band's new EP entitled Roadburn EP on Thursday, April 12th, in tandem with the festival. This 7" vinyl EP will be limited to 500 copies.

Ulver's Roadburn EP includes "I Had Too Much To Dream (Last Night)", a cover of The Electric Prunes, originally recorded in 1967. Some of you might have heard Ulver's hypnotic version before, as it was presented to an audience for the first time in 2009 via MySpace stream.

The B-side sees Ulver covering 13th Floor Elevators' classic track "Reverberation (Doubt)", written by Tommy Hall, Stacy Sutherland and Roky Erikson in 1966. Ulver's take features special guests including Virus' Czral on bass.

Source: roadburn.com
Band profile: Ulver

Posted: 31.03.2012 by Array

Comments

Valentin B - 31.03.2012 at 13:23
I will never understand why bands go to such lengths to announce very limited edition vinyls and stuff. some of them (not the case here, obviously) won't even get all copies sold. I know it's a marketing thing, but I wouldn't expect stuff like this from (mostly) non-mainstream bands who supposedly aren't about the money.
Marcel Hubregtse - 31.03.2012 at 13:25
Written by Valentin B on 31.03.2012 at 13:23

They hardly make any money on selling all 500 copies. With a 7" you're even glad if you break even.
LeChron James - 01.04.2012 at 01:43
SO KVLT
Monolithic - 02.04.2012 at 09:58
Written by Valentin B on 31.03.2012 at 13:23

It's not about the money you make, it's about the music you're delivering. Actually I think it's great for them to announce the release of an EP.

News Ulver - New Release Streaming Online 6 19.08.2013 by Jiri
Albums Ulver - Roadburn EP [EP] 4.5 01.04.2012 by Lanthros
News Amorphis - Release New Lyric Video 2.5 30.03.2013 by Reign
News Heaven Shall Burn - Reveal New Album Release Date 2.5 31.01.2013 by infernaldeath87
News Behemoth - Postpone New Album Release 2.5 07.08.2013 by Hallford9000