"Break Those Bones Whose Sinews Gave It Motion", a brand new video from Swedish technical thrash metallers Meshuggah has premiered and you can watch it below. It was directed by Owe Lingvall of Village Road Film. The song is taken from Meshuggah's new album Koloss, which was released on March 23rd in Europe and March 26th in North America via Nuclear Blast Records.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Meshuggah

Posted: 31.03.2012 by Cynic Metalhead

Comments

theFIST - 31.03.2012 at 20:43
Boring
so it fits the song
Unhealer - 31.03.2012 at 21:03
They clearly chose the wrong song for a single. There are so much better songs than this one on the record.
And it could be just me, but I saw a lot of people think the same.

The only thing that saves this song is Jens.
Alex Fenger - 31.03.2012 at 21:05
Written by theFIST on 31.03.2012 at 20:43

Boring
so it fits the song

What else would you expect from Meshuggah?
theFIST - 31.03.2012 at 21:14
Written by Alex Fenger on 31.03.2012 at 21:05

Written by theFIST on 31.03.2012 at 20:43

Boring
so it fits the song

What else would you expect from Meshuggah?

well, i like their faster songs
also the video for bleed was more interesting and the tourbus video for New Millennium Cyanide Christ was great
Alex Fenger - 31.03.2012 at 21:24
Written by theFIST on 31.03.2012 at 21:14

well, i like their faster songs

Well, i love the video for Bleed, but the song (bleed) is so incredibly boring. Its the same riff for nine or so minutes
Verdun_sc - 31.03.2012 at 21:56
Terrible.

Then again I hate Meshuggah.
Introspekrieg - 31.03.2012 at 22:08
Damn, is there a Meshuggah Haters Alliance or something?
sandisrd - 31.03.2012 at 22:19
You all are bunch of unnegated, childish nerds!, no wonder you don't like ''Meshuggah''!...

Moreover this video is without any unnecessary things, just a pure Meshuggah sawing, brilliant!.......
Rulatore - 31.03.2012 at 22:32
Meshuggah was always boring, some of their faster songs are less boring ( and very few of them are good ).

For the video, unnecessary.
sandisrd - 31.03.2012 at 23:44
Written by Rulatore on 31.03.2012 at 22:32

For the video, unnecessary.

Full of nonsense!!!...;(
psykometal - 01.04.2012 at 01:03
Written by sandisrd on 31.03.2012 at 22:19

I completely agree, all the haters think they're boring because they don't understand Meshuggah and what the band do or how and why they write the way they do. Me personally I find Meshuggah to be one of the best bands out there and very incredibly skilled at what they do. One of the few major label bands out there in the world that is still original and truely writes what they want and does what they want rather than trying to cater to fans and cater to record labels for sales and money, I'm so glad that Nuclear Blast actually doesn't try to fuck with their writing process and creativity and dictate what they do with their music.
sandisrd - 01.04.2012 at 01:23
Written by psykometal on 01.04.2012 at 01:03

Written by sandisrd on 31.03.2012 at 22:19

I completely agree, all the haters think they're boring because they don't understand Meshuggah and what the band do or how and why they write the way they do. Me personally I find Meshuggah to be one of the best bands out there and very incredibly skilled at what they do. One of the few bands out there in the world that is still original and truely writes what they want and does what they want rather than trying to cater to fans and cater to record labels for sales and money, I'm so glad that Nuclear Blast actually doesn't try to fuck with their writing process and creativity and dictate what they do with their music.

Applause!!!!!....;)
Troy Killjoy - 01.04.2012 at 01:24
TIL I'm a childish "unnegated" nerd because I don't like someone else's favorite band.
!J.O.O.E.! - 01.04.2012 at 01:38
I've been listening to, and loving, Meshuggah for the past 8 years and I say, to the best of my educated opinion, the past two albums are little more than hollow shells of Meshuggah at their best. Please don't elevate the past two records to some kind of higher "understanding" plane because that's absolute shit of the bull variety. If people don't want to like Meshuggah then that's their business. They have a very sterile, clinical sound which not everyone will appreciate. The last two records though have been almost totally devoid of ideas.

People need to recognise a fanboy foaming at the mouth when they see one and avoid affirming them.
Scorpyin - 01.04.2012 at 01:38
Written by Troy Killjoy on 01.04.2012 at 01:24

I think he was referring to some of the comments at the top. Calling something terrible without an explination as to why "is" rather childish...

But yeah, one of the more boring tracks of the cd. Always love those fucking drums though!
psykometal - 01.04.2012 at 02:11
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 01.04.2012 at 01:38

If you say so, me personally I have read several interviews with Tomas that he has done after the releases of the last couple albums and I can honestly say that until I read the interviews with Tomas about why they wrote what they wrote and how they wrote I too felt that the albums were kinda meh or not very good but after reading the interviews with Tomas about why those albums play and sound the way they do I understand it and I feel that they achieved their goals. They try to do write completely differently with every release and they go into the writing process with a specific mindset about how they want to write for that album, so in way yes their albums require a "higher understanding" as you put it because if you listen to each album expecting Chaosphere or Destroy Erase Improve (instead of reading their interviews to see what was in their heads when they went into writing mode) you will be disappointed every time because they wrote those albums with a much younger less mature song writing ideology; they were still kind of in Metallica fanboy mode back then which is why those albums are "thrashier" and more derivitive instead of being "weird and out there" like Nothing, I, Catch 33, obZen and now Koloss.
!J.O.O.E.! - 01.04.2012 at 02:17
That's not what I call higher understanding, that's what I call superfluous information that has little bearing on the music itself. If we went by that method then virtually every poor album could be justified as being good.

And I don't find the last two to be weird or out there. I find them extremely conventional and pedestrian.
sandisrd - 01.04.2012 at 02:28
Written by Troy Killjoy on 01.04.2012 at 01:24

Well one thing is wen you don't like something!, another thing is wen you start to arraign something you just simply don't understand!...
Introspekrieg - 01.04.2012 at 02:45
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 01.04.2012 at 01:38

The last two records though have been almost totally devoid of ideas.

Almost totally indeed, not a fan of Obzen but am starting to warm up to the new one. The last half just really wins me over. I'm hoping that Fredrik will still be releasing a new Special Defects album, new ideas to be found there for sure.
!J.O.O.E.! - 01.04.2012 at 02:48
Written by Introspekrieg on 01.04.2012 at 02:45

I know if I go back to the new ablum I'll end up listening to the same 3 tracks again... But yeah, a new Special Defects record should be pretty crazy stuff.
psykometal - 01.04.2012 at 02:55
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 01.04.2012 at 02:17

Thus the reason I chose to put those two things in "quotations" because I also wouldn't call it a higher understanding or weird. As well then yes if you want to read interviews with bands about why their music sounds that way and then make your decision based on their mindset then fine if you choose to ignore the interviews and call them superfluous info that has no bearing on the musical value then that's your choice and opinion but in all honestly reading the band's mindset on why they write the way they write is completely pertinent info that has all the bearing on their music. If you read the interviews with the bands and still choose to hate their music because you don't agree with their mindset then fine but to not read the interviews and say that a band's music is garbage when you have no understanding of what's going on and proceed to call them a "hollow shell of their former selves" and "devoid of ideas" then that's just ignorant IMO.
!J.O.O.E.! - 01.04.2012 at 03:01
Written by psykometal on 01.04.2012 at 02:55

I would say not. For me it's tantamount to using lyrical content as a measure, albeit it of any size, of quality of the music. Bands can be judged purely for their musical output. Any background information is just that, background information. I don't judge a director on what he wanted his vision to be, I judge him on the final product. Putting too much credence on interviews and such is practically a kind of brainwashing if you ask me. I try, to the best of my ability, to use my ears to understand what's going on, not what I read. I reserve the right to judge a band without knowing what the bassist has for lunch.
psykometal - 01.04.2012 at 03:22
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 01.04.2012 at 03:01

Fair enough. That is THE definition of an opinion after all. And we all know the saying "opinions are like assholes, everyone has one"
Mr. Doctor - 01.04.2012 at 03:54
Written by psykometal on 01.04.2012 at 02:55

This is just plain bullshit I don't even know where to start. People say the things that Joe said because they simply don't like the music, don't find it as interesting and innovative as the previous material... There's nothing more to it.

Why should that be ignorant? Saying that it's ignorant it's just awfully arrogant.
Rupert - 01.04.2012 at 05:45
I LIKE NEW SONG AND ALBUM VIDEO IS BORING BUT JENS FUNNY
Johnra - 01.04.2012 at 07:37
Once you come out of the shadows, it's very difficult to go back.
Unhealer - 01.04.2012 at 08:27
Some guys should start to understand that we can't write "IN MY OPINION" on every sentence of our posts.
If I say "This is boring" or "This is better than their last album" it should be clear that it's only an opinion and I'm not saying it's the universal truth and you are morons for not thinking like that.

And for anyone that disagrees in what I said above... you are an ignorant, sir.
John Shock - 01.04.2012 at 11:11
Written by sandisrd on 31.03.2012 at 22:19

Agreed, these guys are nonsense with their minds, even if they're nerds, they could understand why Meshuggah write this kind of songs (specially for nerds)! Meshuggah are uncomprehensive to the most ears! Even the slow songs can get a real fan to reach on the "fetus of your mind", it cracks just to listen their songs, whatever songs from Meshuggah! The guys simply just don't understand how stupid they are, and i just don't speak to myself...they're just haters, that's all! ...
Rupert - 01.04.2012 at 22:13
Written by John Shock on 01.04.2012 at 11:11

Lack of appreciation for a niche genre is not stupidity.
John Shock - 01.04.2012 at 22:59
Quote:
Lack of appreciation for a niche genre is not stupidity.

Of course not, it's just closed mind style of life...i'm a hater of those guys!
Marcel Hubregtse - 01.04.2012 at 23:35
Quote:
Written by John Shock on 01.04.2012 at 22:59

Lack of appreciation for a niche genre is not stupidity.

Of course not, it's just closed mind style of life...i'm a hater of those guys!

you'd better look up the meaning of the word close-minded
Troy Killjoy - 02.04.2012 at 02:31
Written by John Shock on 01.04.2012 at 22:59
Of course not, it's just closed mind style of life...i'm a hater of those guys!

Being close-minded is not the same as not liking something.
Mr. Doctor - 02.04.2012 at 20:54
^ Woah, what I read was just dumb
Marcel Hubregtse - 02.04.2012 at 22:35
Written by Troy Killjoy on 02.04.2012 at 02:31

Written by John Shock on 01.04.2012 at 22:59
Of course not, it's just closed mind style of life...i'm a hater of those guys!

Being close-minded is not the same as not liking something.

That's why I told him to look up the meaning of the word
theFIST - 08.04.2012 at 19:51
Written by psykometal on 01.04.2012 at 01:03

well, making a simple, slow album does seem like the thing labels might do to bands to get more sales, so it wouldn"t surprise me if most of Koloss was written that way
psykometal - 08.04.2012 at 21:43
Written by theFIST on 08.04.2012 at 19:51

No, I've read several interviews with Tomas about this album and their writing process (both for this album and albums in the past) and how they do things. Plus I've read other interviews over the years with Fredrik and Jens and their writing process is so weird that I seriously doubt the label would be able to find the time to tell them what to do...
theFIST - 08.04.2012 at 22:37
Written by psykometal on 08.04.2012 at 21:43

Written by theFIST on 08.04.2012 at 19:51

so you think just because their writing process is weird the label can"t make them change something?
and yeah, sure, they wrote a breakdown that could be considered weak even if you apply deathcore standards to fill most of the first song on the album without any pressure from a label, sure....
som metallicus - 13.04.2012 at 13:25
Awesome album awesome band ...

News Darkest Hour - Premiere New Video, New Album Streaming Online 5.5 05.08.2014 by Ace Frawley
News Endstille - Premiere New Video Online 5.5 02.11.2013 by Gothmog_Motsham