Polish death metallers Behemoth, along with Watain, The Devil's Blood, and In Solitude, are now booted out of the first date in The Decibel Magazine Tour in Columbus, Ohio, due to religious conflict with the venue owners of The Brewmaster's Gate, where they were going to play.

Behemoth frontman, Nergal, commented on the situation: "Wow, big motherfuckin' WOW! We are facing a legendary moment: Amerika, the land of the free, is banning Behemoth coz of religious beliefs. The madness starts in Ohio, but of korz we r playing anyway. Nothing can stop us now. God, please save me from this freedom..."

The organizers for the tour also stated: "The highly anticipated inaugural Decibel Magazine tour kicks off in a mere eight days in Columbus, OH. It wasn't too late, however, for the venue owners to prohibit the bands from appearing at The Brewmaster's Gate. Behemoth, Watain, The Devil's Blood, and In Solitude are being forbidden from playing at the venue because of religious conflicts with the venue owners. These bands are no strangers to this type of treatment, and a new venue has already been confirmed. The Columbus, OH, show will now be at Al Rosa. Tickets for this show are still available and can be purchased here."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Behemoth
Event: Behemoth + Watain: The Decibel Magazine Tour 2012

Posted: 04.04.2012 by Rog-Mothoth

Comments

popmik - 04.04.2012 at 20:13
Yeah.. Behemoth and their satanic lyrics lol
Lit. - 04.04.2012 at 20:28
Not even in dull, dreary Ohio is anyone safe from Religious conflicts.
Valentin B - 04.04.2012 at 20:34
Nuclear Blast must be drowning in cash from all this media attention :p
CaptainJoeyLaw - 04.04.2012 at 20:38
Columbus Resident here, honestly its a good move. I was planning on going to the show and I have never even heard of or know where the brewmasters gate is in downtown. I've never heard of a live show even being there before this one. Alrosa Villa however I've been too many times and its a great venue for metal shows. So all in all, not a big deal. I just hope the brewmasters gate owners realize this was likely their chance to get a lot of new people into their club and now that's not going to happen. Oh well.
Dani5050 - 04.04.2012 at 20:52
I already said that its not America banning Behemoth its just a club owner in Ohio, but looks like they want to make it a publicity stunt.
Pazdzioch - 04.04.2012 at 21:38
I thought that such things happen only in Poland...
Ornusashas - 04.04.2012 at 21:42
Written by Pazdzioch on 04.04.2012 at 21:38

I thought that such things happen only in Poland...

Nope, Ohio is full of bible-thumpers.
Carl Berg - 04.04.2012 at 21:48
Oh, you don't have the same religion as me? Go away!
BitterCOld - 04.04.2012 at 22:11
Written by Dani5050 on 04.04.2012 at 20:52

talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill...

he is free to play, and the venue owner is free to host (or not host) whomever he chooses.

behemoth will play elsewhere, with free pub. hooray.
FREEDOM FOREVER - 04.04.2012 at 22:13
I am wondering what the hell the venue owners had thought of behemoth before they decided to kick it out of the tour
BitterCOld - 04.04.2012 at 22:16
Written by FREEDOM FOREVER on 04.04.2012 at 22:13

I am wondering what the hell the venue owners of The Brewmaster's Gate had thought of behemoth before they decided to kick it out of the tour

they probably were unaware who and what they were.
Milena - 04.04.2012 at 22:49
Actively and publicly proclaim hatred for a person's religion and then get surprised when a person of said religion says they don't want you in their venue. Wow indeed.
Banning anyone from anywhere based on simple difference in religious beliefs is stupid, but if you involve yourself in clear-cut hate speech, you shouldn't act all surprised when you receive some hate back. I wouldn't host NSBM bands in my venues if I had them, and these Christian people shouldn't apologize if they doesn't want to host anti-Christian bands in theirs. It's their private matter. Often, when people talk about the right to practice your religious beliefs, they often think their own religious beliefs alone.
CDbile - 04.04.2012 at 23:35
America is in no way a land of freedom.
BenWasHere - 05.04.2012 at 00:23
I live in Ohio
god damnit I hate religious people sometimes
renai - 05.04.2012 at 01:10
+1 to the owner.
Cill O' Connor - 05.04.2012 at 01:55
Then the owner should have researched the bands before he booked them. Unless something happened AFTER they were booked to play e.g. the owner walked in on Nergal pissing on his copy of The Bible
Marcel Hubregtse - 05.04.2012 at 01:57
Written by BenWasHere on 05.04.2012 at 00:23

I live in Ohio
god damnit I hate religious people sometimes

they are just as annoying as the anit religious people such as Nergal.
BlueMobius - 05.04.2012 at 02:27
Written by CDbile on 04.04.2012 at 23:35

America is in no way a land of freedom.

The venue owner expressed his freedom as the owner of a private business and booted the bands.
BitterCOld - 05.04.2012 at 02:47
I really fail to see the issue.

The club owner still has the freedom to control who plays at his club... his freedom unimpeded.

Nergal still gets to play the city... his freedom unimpeded.

Behemoth gets a bunch of free publicity.

everyone wins.

i wonder if the same people ripping/whining about the club owner (or America?) are cool with inviting Mormons or Jehovah Witnesses in to their house to speak their beliefs? or does freedom only apply to the ability for your beliefs to be expressed? given the comments directed at Dane recently... i think to a lot around here it is merely a one way street. hooray for hypocrisy..
Scuzzy McDouche - 05.04.2012 at 02:53
Written by BlueMobius on 05.04.2012 at 02:27

Written by CDbile on 04.04.2012 at 23:35

America is in no way a land of freedom.

Exactly...

I personally don't agree with christianity, and I believe that God himself is actually annoyed by most so-called christians. However, it is the club owner's right to say who plays there and who doesn't. If I was a christian, I wouldn't even consider having bands like Behemoth play at my place.

Anyway, Columbus, OH is the place where I've seen two of the best Mercyful Fate shows the band has ever played. There may be a lot of religious people in Ohio, but there are also a lot of metalheads there as well. Hell, one of my current favorite bands is from Ohio - Skeletonwitch.
Marcel Hubregtse - 05.04.2012 at 02:54
Anti-religious metallers... the biggest hypocrites around
DaUndataka - 05.04.2012 at 05:04
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 05.04.2012 at 01:57

Written by BenWasHere on 05.04.2012 at 00:23

I live in Ohio
god damnit I hate religious people sometimes

they are just as annoying as the anti religious people such as Nergal.

I couldn't agree more. They both feed off of ignorance.
Troy Killjoy - 05.04.2012 at 06:15
What's the big deal?
PocketMetal - 05.04.2012 at 07:45
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 05.04.2012 at 01:57

Written by BenWasHere on 05.04.2012 at 00:23

I live in Ohio
god damnit I hate religious people sometimes

they are just as annoying as the anti religious people such as Nergal.

well said sir .
BudDa - 05.04.2012 at 08:32
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 05.04.2012 at 01:57

Written by BenWasHere on 05.04.2012 at 00:23

I live in Ohio
god damnit I hate religious people sometimes

they are just as annoying as the anit religious people such as Nergal.

I agree as well
-Morbid- - 05.04.2012 at 13:47
I don't have any problem with the club owners not wanting them to play there, I just think it's lame that they cancel the date a week before the tour starts and leave the tour organizers to scramble to find a different place for them to play.

They should have done their research about the bands before signing off on it, but I guess that would just make too much sense.
Cynic Metalhead - 05.04.2012 at 13:54
Don't want to clear the beef about the club owner or America welcomes with warm heart, people still going fucking crazy over the kinda of musicianship Nergalhemoth is. Anyways

Quote:
God, please save me from this freedom..."

is he now realizing what he did to bible?
Vombatus - 05.04.2012 at 17:48
Pffffff..... Nergal is getting so annoying.

It's not the first time a show changes venue (for whatever reason), and yet he feel the need to go crying around for everyone to know... Anything for free publicity
Promonex - 05.04.2012 at 18:29
The only problem I see is that the venue owner didn't do any research. What did he expect when booking a band called The Devil's Blood?
Angelic Storm - 05.04.2012 at 19:46
Written by BitterCOld on 05.04.2012 at 02:47

I know I didn't rip on/whine about the club owner, but I personally have invited a Jehovah's Witness into my house even though I'm not religious in any way, and never will be.

About America, well yes of course it isn't really a "land of the free", but then again, nowhere on the planet is either.

Written by Promonex on 05.04.2012 at 18:29

Well, yes, if the owner is a staunch Christian you'd expect he would do research when booking bands, especially extreme metal bands...
Mr. Doctor - 05.04.2012 at 19:51
Written by Angelic Storm on 05.04.2012 at 19:46
especially extreme metal bands...

Just one out of the three mentioned is extreme metal though But yeah, I think The Devil's Blood was quite a tip.
Marcel Hubregtse - 05.04.2012 at 20:05
Written by Mr. Doctor on 05.04.2012 at 19:51

Written by Angelic Storm on 05.04.2012 at 19:46
especially extreme metal bands...

One out of three? Two out of four you mean
Angelic Storm - 05.04.2012 at 20:14
Aren't all 4 bands extreme metal though? I haven't heard In Solitude, so I dunno about them... With a name like "The Devil's Blood", surely they are extreme metal? lol
Marcel Hubregtse - 05.04.2012 at 20:21
Written by Angelic Storm on 05.04.2012 at 20:14

In Solitude are old school metal with quite a wink to Mercyful Fate and The Devil's Blood is retro 70s hard rock with a lot of psychedlic influences in it.
Slayer666 - 05.04.2012 at 21:33
Satan has been defeated this day. A sad one indeed....
Nergal Is God - 05.04.2012 at 21:52
And that's why you avoid Columbus, and come up to Cleveland!
mferrariv - 05.04.2012 at 22:26
I have read most of the comments and would like to add: I'm from Mexico and most of you probably know the Pope came here and the Vatican is very fond of the country, however bands like Behemoth are welcome to play and have a lot of fans. Like someone wrote: if you don't have the same religion as me in Ohio, go away!! Sad....
Angelic Storm - 05.04.2012 at 22:51
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 05.04.2012 at 20:21

Okay, that isn't extreme at all... hehe
Mad Architect - 05.04.2012 at 22:59
Having traveled through Ohio many times, I can certainly attest to it's religious prejudice as a state- just as bad as anywhere in the midwest but not quite as bad as the deep south. I like to look at these types of situations from every angle before I make my opinion, and the venue owner is the one that deserves the flame here for two reasons. One, because he's stupid enough to cancel what would very likely be a sold-out show (Behemoth's first US tour since Nergal's recovery.....Hello?!?!?) based on his religious beliefs. Two, because I believe he's doing a "bad" deed by preventing the spread of an idea different than his own. I support his legal RIGHT to cancel it, but not on the premise of which he did. To shut someone's opinions out is sheer ignorance, which is why I have a problem with every religion. ESPECIALLY judeo-christian ones. Besides...with all the scientific advancement of our race up to this point....how can any logical person still believe in a half-god zombie with seemingly infinite holes in the texts?

As an atheist, I'd gladly let a christian band play at my venue. However, good luck defending your beliefs after I talk to you after the show.
Igeldude - 06.04.2012 at 17:12
Never been much of a fan, but because of this I think I'll have to attend now. Behemoth can thank the religious nuts for the publicity.
Butters49 - 06.04.2012 at 23:58
Fuck religion...

and america, lol.
M C Vice - 07.04.2012 at 14:28
If Behemoth wasn't involved, would anyone care?
Troy Killjoy - 07.04.2012 at 15:29
Written by M C Vice on 07.04.2012 at 14:28
If Behemoth wasn't involved, would anyone care?

I would, because Watain.

I'm sure other people care about the other bands too. Personally I'm more interested in Watain than Behemoth.
M C Vice - 08.04.2012 at 04:14
Written by Troy Killjoy on 07.04.2012 at 15:29

Written by M C Vice on 07.04.2012 at 14:28
If Behemoth wasn't involved, would anyone care?

I would, because Watain.

OK, but it wouldn't be as big a story without Behemoth. Put the words "Behemoth" and "religion" in the same story and suddeny it becomes a big deal. No Nergal, half the comments wouldn't be here.
BitterCOld - 08.04.2012 at 04:25
Written by Butters49 on 06.04.2012 at 23:58

Fuck religion...

and america, lol.

and fuck you too.
@gent_-_orange - 08.04.2012 at 04:41
Written by Butters49 on 06.04.2012 at 23:58

Fuck religion...

and america, lol.

Its hardly the entire of the USA's fault that one club owner won't let Anti Christian bands play in his venue.
Cynic Metalhead - 08.04.2012 at 10:52
It's a great journey to this post yet.

Nergal.....Anti Religion....pro religion...and then America.

I wonder why Nergal never came to India and talk about anti-religion stuff? if it's happened...then it gonna be great to see that.
ChibiDemigod - 18.04.2012 at 05:46
To hell with religious fanatics face chicken, Hail Behemoth.
Reverend X - 20.04.2012 at 07:33
Things like this only promotes the band and not the opposite.

News Behemoth - New Song Online 6 29.10.2008 by shadow616
News Behemoth - New Album Artwork, Release Date Revealed 6 19.05.2009 by Daggon
News Behemoth - Post New Album Teaser 6 09.01.2014 by JÄY
News Manowar - Announce Only German Show Of 2012, New Track Sneak Preview Online 4 24.03.2012 by Jack---
News Leaves' Eyes - New Album Due In Spring 4 28.10.2010 by Carl Berg