Japanese power metallers X Japan took home the award for Best International Band at the Golden Gods Awards, becoming the first Asian band to ever be nominated and beating Behemoth, Lacuna Coil, Meshuggah, Rammstein and Sepultura in the category.

Yoshiki accepted the award on behalf of the band, saying: "Thank you Revolver. Thank you so much for recognizing us. Some people might have heard of us, we're from Japan. Well, our band name is X Japan. We toured North America in 2010, and did our first world tour last year. Now we are finishing our first worldwide debut album. And we are planning on doing another world tour soon. And to our beloved fans: thank you so much for your support, we are going to keep on rocking. And we fucking love you."

Source: xjapanmusic.com
Band profile: X Japan

Posted: 15.04.2012 by Flower Metal

Comments

Boxcar Willy - 15.04.2012 at 15:48
Lol

Shows you how big of a joke Revolver is.
4look4rd - 15.04.2012 at 16:16
Written by Boxcar Willy on 15.04.2012 at 15:48

Lol

Shows you how big of a joke Revolver is.

Are you kidding? I am not familiar with Revolver but giving an award to a legendary band that has just made a huge come back seems like a pretty sane choice to me.
Dark Blood - 15.04.2012 at 16:42
I think it was pretty well deserved. These guys have a lot of history and I think they should be recognised for that.
BlankFile - 15.04.2012 at 17:57
Congratulations to X Japan. A legendary band.
Cynic Metalhead - 15.04.2012 at 18:32
Another stupid mag awards.
TrollandDie - 15.04.2012 at 23:08
Funny how not many people know of them outside of Japan but within their native country they're absolutely gigantic.

Proper stadium-fillers. I guess people are angsty because more internationally renound ones were beat.

Honestly though: Sepultura haven't been relevant since 1996; Meshuggah are still Meshuggah-albeit with a more boring approach than usual in their latest offering; and Behemoth are perhaps the only decent candidates to consider. I mean, beating cancer is a plus but coming out with their recent albums is a lot more worthy too. As for Lacuna Coil...well listen to their latest offering and tell me straight that X-Japan winning is a joke.
strade - 16.04.2012 at 00:46
I love X Japan, but this award show is a total joke. Honestly, I wouldn't even have accepted that shit.
Unhealer - 16.04.2012 at 05:45
Written by TrollandDie on 15.04.2012 at 23:08

Instead of analyzing who deserves that award, I'd ask why/how that random pack of bands was even nominated.
Troy Killjoy - 16.04.2012 at 05:47
Written by Unhealer on 16.04.2012 at 05:45
I'd ask why/how that random pack of bands was even nominated.

I don't have any interest in this whatsoever, but this makes sense. I mean... did they just use the random band feature on Metal-Archives?
TrollandDie - 16.04.2012 at 18:52
Written by Troy Killjoy on 16.04.2012 at 05:47

Written by Unhealer on 16.04.2012 at 05:45
I'd ask why/how that random pack of bands was even nominated.

Wait, does best ''International'' band just mean any group outside of the United States? Or does it just apply to less conventional areas of metal?

I don't think any of these bands deserve to win on that note yet if this competition is about hosting the former then that is just plainly retarded.
Void Eater - 16.04.2012 at 23:52
I was going to make a joke about Flower Metal being the only person who voted in this, but he already commented, so yeah...
Ozman - 17.04.2012 at 02:24
Written by Void Eater on 16.04.2012 at 23:52

But maybe I voted as well for X Japan?
Kimiwind - 18.04.2012 at 20:50
Well deserved.
qlacs - 20.10.2014 at 20:01
Didn't know about this band until about 3 months ago, and their generic stuff isn't for me but Art Of Life is quite amazing.

News X Japan - Nominated For The Revolver Golden Gods Awards 10.5 27.02.2012 by M C Vice
News Metal Hammer Golden Gods Awards - And The Winners Are... 7 16.06.2011 by Pyramid God
News Destrage - Win Best Videoclip Award At Torino Awards 7 18.12.2010 by WorpeX
News Enslaved - Win Spellemann Award For Best Metal Album Of The Year 7 06.03.2011 by
News Children Of Bodom - Band Of The Year At Finnish Metal Awards 5.5 18.02.2007 by