"Lingering In An Imprint Haunting", a brand new song from Dutch symphonic black metallers Carach Angren is now streaming online and you can listen to it below. The song is taken from the band's forthcoming album Where The Corpses Sink Forever, which has been slated for a May 18th release (June 5th in North America) via Season Of Mist. More album details were previously reported here.

Source: carach-angren.nl
Band profile: Carach Angren

Posted: 18.04.2012 by Agathomax

Comments

Troy Killjoy - 18.04.2012 at 16:52
Found it to be a pretty decent sympho-black metal track, but failed to be enticed. I always thought these guys kind of abused the symphonic elements in their sound.
Windrider - 18.04.2012 at 20:04
Sounds pretty like their previous albums, I'd like some more variety... But getting the album nevertheless, still excited
Frankthetank727 - 18.04.2012 at 21:13
Written by Troy Killjoy on 18.04.2012 at 16:52

Their albums all tell a story so the way I see it, this is like watching a clip out of a film--it tells one part of the story. Overall, I really liked it and I have the vinyl preordered so I'm really looking forward to this release. Also, I think it's funny you say they abuse the symphonic elements because I thought on the last album, the fact that they DIDN'T abuse those elements is what drew me into their sound. On this track the orchestral elements do sound denser, but I still don't feel like its that abused. But, that's just me
AngelofDeth - 18.04.2012 at 21:47
Written by Windrider on 18.04.2012 at 20:04

thats my biggest concern about this upcoming release. i feel like 2 albums is the maximum for the same sound, hopefully the new album will offer some new twists.
That said, this is still a pretty cool song.
Marcus - 18.04.2012 at 22:48
Written by Troy Killjoy on 18.04.2012 at 16:52

I'll agree that it's decent, but I've always felt that while they may overuse the symph parts, I don't mind because they do it very well. However my judgment's clouded by my sheer love for "And The Consequence Macabre"...
garmling - 19.04.2012 at 12:53
Ugh, that damn sterile over produced weak computer sound of theirs...again! can the guitar sound be more weak than this? I always thought this band has the potential to make something nice and for the moment, while listening intro of this song, I had hope, but when the band started everything fell apart...damn, there is no single good symphonic BM band in the world in this moment...
Troy Killjoy - 19.04.2012 at 16:36
Written by garmling on 19.04.2012 at 12:53

If they all stopped watering down their extremity and brought a little more punch to the table I think the genre would be in great shape.

But everyone seems intent on creating overly synth'd-out, dramatic/theatrical symphonic metal with hints of black metal. Probably because Dimmu more or less laid the groundwork and they made it big. I just think the nostalgia wore off for a lot of people and symphonic black metal isn't really something that's gonna make it big anymore...
garmling - 19.04.2012 at 17:42
Written by Troy Killjoy on 19.04.2012 at 16:36

Written by garmling on 19.04.2012 at 12:53

I absolutely agree with you on this! Damn that stupid Hreidmarr! Why did he left Anorexia Nervosa, the last absolutely great sympho BM band.....
Vermoorden - 20.04.2012 at 04:31
I don't see where the hate is coming from >.<... This song kicks ass!

News Carach Angren - Streaming New Song 9 08.10.2014 by Hallford9000
News Carach Angren - Entire New Album Streaming Online 9 11.06.2012 by AngelofDeth
News Carach Angren - New Video Online 9 22.06.2011 by Marcus
News Fear Factory - New Album Cover Art Revealed, New Song Online 5.5 12.11.2009 by Uirapuru
News Eminence - New Song Online 5.5 30.06.2013 by EnigmaLake