Canadian heavy metallers 3 Inches Of Blood have released a new lyric video for the song "Look Out", as a tribute to metal legend Ronnie James Dio, and in honor of the two year anniversary of his death. The song is taken from the band's most recent effort Long Live Heavy Metal, released in March via Century Media.

Vocalist Cam Pipes explains: "It was hard to find the right words for a song honoring Ronnie James Dio, but I hope it is regarded as a fitting tribute to a legendary figure. His impact on the metal community will last forever, and though he may have been small in stature, his contribution to the music scene is larger than most will ever achieve."

Source: centurymedia.com
Band profile: 3 Inches Of Blood

Posted: 20.05.2012 by BloodTears

Comments

The Shape 1973 - 20.05.2012 at 13:23
Great that bands recognise RJD....but that song is piss poor. Nice Rainbow-like keyboard solo though.
Pestilence - 20.05.2012 at 16:58
Love this song!
exomorphyx89 - 20.05.2012 at 17:02
Well done 3IOB! maybe the song is not as bright as we would like to but their intention to honor a fallen hero deserves so much respect!
ScreamingSteelUS - 20.05.2012 at 22:16
Personally, I think that the song is completely awesome in every way. I would say it is a very fitting tribute to Dio. The Deep Purple solo is the best part by far.
Valentin B - 20.05.2012 at 23:23
Wow, that was awesome, I gotta say that even though this is not a ballad this managed to move me quite a bit, great lyrics, stunning vocals and guitar work, and of course that keyboard solo was great too.

"A King.. among his kind, shared his wisdom,
Even to the last in line"
Marcel Hubregtse - 20.05.2012 at 23:28
This was a truly horrendous tribute. Good idea, piss poor execution. And why a Deep Purple like solo in a tribute to Dio?
Dark Blood - 21.05.2012 at 02:50
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 20.05.2012 at 23:28

Somehow this quote came into mind upon reading your comment: "We are told to remember the idea, not the man, because a man can fail." - Perfect example here.
Doc Godin - 21.05.2012 at 03:18
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 20.05.2012 at 23:28

Maybe they were aiming for a Rainbow type solo but slightly misfired? Who knows. Regardless of intent/result, it enhanced the song, even if it didn't accurately reflect the lyrical content.

Personally, I don't see what's so "horrendous" about this. Classic 3 Inches' song. One of the higher points of the new album for me.
Marcel Hubregtse - 21.05.2012 at 03:25
Written by Doc Godin on 21.05.2012 at 03:18

One of the higher points of the new album for me.

if this is one of the higher points of the album then I will think the album is totally and utterly shit.
Btw I am not familiar with 3iob's back catalogue at all, but if this is a typical song of theirs then I really can't understand how they got to be as big as they are.
Doc Godin - 21.05.2012 at 03:28
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 21.05.2012 at 03:25

Written by Doc Godin on 21.05.2012 at 03:18

One of the higher points of the new album for me.

Great riffs. Interesting vocals (sort of a love-or-hate I find for most people). As well as a fun sense of humor to their lyrics. They're not a band to think too hard about whilst listening, just a simple, straightforward fun time.
Marcel Hubregtse - 21.05.2012 at 03:51
Written by Doc Godin on 21.05.2012 at 03:28

I can see your points about the lyrics and vocals here (even though I borderline dislike them). But in this song there is not a single great, good or even standard riff.
Whoblehwah - 21.05.2012 at 04:45
Sweet. One of my favorite songs from the album. \m/

News Heaven And Hell - Tribute Show To Ronnie James Dio 7 16.06.2010 by Shadowcross
News Ronnie James Dio - New Tribute Album In The Works 7 15.01.2012 by Bad English
News Ronnie James Dio - Tribute Album Coming In April 7 06.02.2014 by Nemo Atkins
News Ronnie James Dio - Tribute Album Available For Free Download 7 11.07.2011 by Angelic Storm
News Ronnie James Dio - Metallica Tribute Streaming Online 7 24.03.2014 by Azarath