Ensiferum's fifth studio album will have the title Unsung Heroes and will be released via Spinefarm on the 27th August 2012.

Produced by Hiili Hiilesmaa (HIM, Sentenced, Apocalyptica, etc.) and also containing a 16 minute-plus epic "Passion Proof Power", the band comment:

"We've tried to push the different aspects of what we do as far as we can..." "...the sonic scope is wider than ever. The folk elements go further down that path and the metallic parts will absolutely rip your face off!"

Once again, album art has been supplied by Kristian Wahlin, with featured special guests including members of Die Apokalyptischen Reiter plus legendary Finnish singer & actor, Vesa-Matti Loiri.

Album Tracklist:

01. Symbols
02. In My Sword I Trust
03. Unsung Heroes
04. Burning Leaves
05. Celestial Bond
06. Retribution Shall Be Mine
07. Star Queen (Celestial Bond part II)
08. Pohjola
09. Last Breath
10. Passion Proof Power

A video is currently being planned for lead track, "In My Sword I Trust".

Band profile: Ensiferum

Posted: 23.05.2012 by Baz Anderson

Comments

malaikat - 23.05.2012 at 17:08
Nah. Still no Yari. Will be an average melodc death-folk release. Stupid Yari and his stupid Wintersun.
Baz Anderson - 23.05.2012 at 17:08
I look forward to this very much...
Array - 23.05.2012 at 17:10
Looking forward as well.
Dark†SymphonY - 23.05.2012 at 17:19
Great! I have liked all of their albums so far. Should be a very good release.
Windrider - 23.05.2012 at 18:18
Looks quite like From Afar, this is gonna be awesome!
Carl Berg - 23.05.2012 at 18:21
Passion Proof Power - sounds like a Nightwish song
Zaphod - 23.05.2012 at 18:45
Kind of excited for this one
Justicelust - 23.05.2012 at 18:46
I need this album
Cynic Metalhead - 23.05.2012 at 19:02
They have an incredible albums till now and "From Afar" too was a superb album.

Will definitely be checking it out.
SSM - 23.05.2012 at 19:06
I think you forgot to mention a source for this one.
Troy Killjoy - 23.05.2012 at 19:16
Written by SSM on 23.05.2012 at 19:06
I think you forgot to mention a source for this one.

Being that Baz submitted the news and he's our promotion manager, I'm assuming he received an email directly from the band/label.
bokimaniac - 23.05.2012 at 19:22
Can't wait.
AngelofDeth - 23.05.2012 at 19:25
Written by Carl Berg on 23.05.2012 at 18:21

Passion Proof Power - sounds like a Nightwish song

OR a Children of Bodom title! Im glad the rest of the tracks dont have this style of name...

I am sooooo excited for this! 16 min+ track fuckyhess and hopefully it will be a tad more catchy than From Afar...
SSM - 23.05.2012 at 19:25
Anyway, good to hear from them.
But I just don't like the explanation part:
"We've tried to push the different aspects of what we do as far as we can..."

Kinda boring.
Arcticus - 23.05.2012 at 19:28
Written by malaikat on 23.05.2012 at 17:08

You didn't like "From Afar"? Almost all the material right from the start has been written by Markus Toivonen anyway, not Jari.
Written by Carl Berg on 23.05.2012 at 18:21

Passion Proof Power - sounds like a Nightwish song

You're only saying that because it has the word 'passion'
treptolemus - 23.05.2012 at 20:00
I want to be patient till August
Stabby - 23.05.2012 at 20:00
Excited! I'm going to go sacrifice something and pray to Odin, my sword in the wind as a sign of war. This bond is eternal sworn through blood, at the end we will stand as one. We'll ride forever 'cause the Iron is stronger than death. This is a great moment for all of us but now it's time to head back home victorious.

@ Nightwish/COB comments. It may just be that Finnish bands are prone to funny song names.
Nemmeth - 23.05.2012 at 21:11
Passion Proof Power indeed doesn't sound Ensiferum-y. But hell, I'm up for a 16 minute long Ensiferum song anytime! Excited!
And I'm glad they asked Kristian again for the album art. Love his work.
Kingface - 23.05.2012 at 21:53
Written by Baz Anderson on 23.05.2012 at 17:08

I look forward to this very much...

Same here.
Grody2themax - 23.05.2012 at 21:56
I feel like ensiferum is just banking off of the folk medieval shit now. Not saying they sold out exactly but the first two albums are a different band practically.
PomPWNius - 24.05.2012 at 03:01
Written by malaikat on 23.05.2012 at 17:08

Dude you are an idiot. His name is JARI, not YARI. And wintersun is definitely not stupid, I bet you havent even listened to it.
AngelofDeth - 24.05.2012 at 03:45
Written by Grody2themax on 23.05.2012 at 21:56

??
The first two albums are also very medieval and folky, so that doesnt really make sense.
Troy Killjoy - 24.05.2012 at 04:07
Written by AngelofDeth on 24.05.2012 at 03:45

I don't follow this band closely but I have listened to their entire discography, and I must say if anything, I would consider them like... reverse selling out. Their back catalog is a lot more melodic, cheesy, and accessible, whereas some of their recent material is slightly more complex and extreme.
FeskarN - 24.05.2012 at 12:44
Want it now! I'm really exicted for this. Nice to see that they use Wåhlin for their artwork once again. His work is always amazing.
Amatsu Mikaboshi - 24.05.2012 at 14:49
Looking forward!!!! Actually the most exciting part of this was seeing the word Wåhlin appear rightly so!
malaikat - 25.05.2012 at 00:28
Written by Arcticus on 23.05.2012 at 19:28

Really? Well, I'm the first to admit that I'm kinda overly subjective when it comes to Ensiferum - I just don't like their "latter" releasese as much as I like their first two albums with Yari. They just seem to clean and nice to me, like they're wearing to much make up; although "One More Magic Potion" is one of my top5 folk metal songs. And, I don't know, even if Markus is writing the songs, they just don't sound the same to me on "Victory Songs" and "From Afar", compared to first two albums, they seem a beet cheap, like they are making slightly-over-average folk metal songs with little or no effort.

As I said, totally subjective opinion on my side, same with Wintersun (I was blown away on the first couple of listens, then I figured out it's just Yari's wankery + epic walls of sound, nothing that really sticks with me).
Grody2themax - 25.05.2012 at 08:57
Written by AngelofDeth on 24.05.2012 at 03:45

Written by Grody2themax on 23.05.2012 at 21:56

??

The first two are more raw and definetely very folky medieval but not in an extremely obvious sort of way. Thats what I liked it the first ones. Now it just seems like Ensiferum is banking off the whole medieval themes and lacking originality after Jari left. Wintersun almost feels like more of a continution of ensiferum to me than victory songs did.

Victory Songs was pretty good imo, but From Afar sounds really cheesy, in a bad way.
AngelofDeth - 25.05.2012 at 09:16
Written by Grody2themax on 25.05.2012 at 08:57

That is very confusing.... Victory Songs is by far their most cheesy album... Yes From Afar might have the cheesy orchestrations but it has very complex guitars and song structure beyond what they had ever done before and that level of orchestration was also new, which would show an increase in originality. And as Arcticus said, Marcus has written most the material throughout the bands history, so the Jari argument is not a very strong one. But whatever to each his own.

Goddam Jari Trolls... lol
Grody2themax - 25.05.2012 at 10:57
Written by AngelofDeth on 25.05.2012 at 09:16

Written by Grody2themax on 25.05.2012 at 08:57

Goddam Jari Trolls... lol

Going to bed, expect a somewhat lengthy explanation in aprox. 10-12 hrs on my statements. Lololol
AngelofDeth - 25.05.2012 at 11:37
Written by Grody2themax on 25.05.2012 at 10:57

Thats okay, ill be gone for a couple weeks on vacation after today anyway. But really its not that big a deal, to each his own, i just find the whole Jari Cult thing amusing.
moe5512 - 27.05.2012 at 16:30
Ensiferum is much more complex now. The first album was very simple and could have been a Blind Guardian album if the singing was clean. With every album after that they have been much more complex and interesting and I they are not even close to as folky as they were before. It doesn't really matter if Jari (NOT YARI GOD DAMMIT) left the band 8!! years ago (just let it go), Wasn't guardians of fate and Sword chant the only songs he wrote?
Robstar - 05.06.2012 at 17:11
I cant wait to have it in my hands!
BoxCar Willy - 05.06.2012 at 17:45
Hmm, we'll see how this turns out.
FreddeSwede - 08.06.2012 at 17:58
Not the best sound but a full new song live from some third world country.

zmaj666 - 12.06.2012 at 00:11
What to do till august? Man i cant wait to see how this one turns out...all of their previous albums were great...
AngelofDeth - 16.06.2012 at 20:59
Written by FreddeSwede on 08.06.2012 at 17:58

Not the best sound but a full new song live from some third world country.

Its from a concert in Poland...?

Doesnt sound bad but really cant tell much about the song because the sound quality. That breakdown/solo is sick though.

News Ensiferum - New Album Details Revealed 9 02.07.2009 by Vitriolic Hate
News Extol - New Album Details Revealed, New Song Online 5.5 23.04.2013 by Joodicator
News Converge - New Album Details Revealed, New Song/Video Online 5.5 28.08.2012 by koob
News Ragnarok - New Album Details Revealed 5.5 12.09.2012 by Void Eater
News U.S. Christmas - New Album Details Revealed 5.5 01.08.2010 by LeChron James