US death metal masters Nile have revealed the tracklist for the band's upcoming release entitled At The Gate Of Sethu and the European jewel case artwork. The follow-up to Those Whom The Gods Detest (2009) will be released via Nuclear Blast Records on June 29th (Europe) and July 3rd (North America). More album details here.

At The Gate Of Sethu tracklist:

09. Tribunal Of The Dead
10. Supreme Humanism Of Megalomania
11. The Chaining Of The Iniquitous
12. Enduring The Eternal Molestation Of Flame [instrumental version] [bonus]
13. The Inevitable Degradation Of Flesh [instrumental version] [bonus]

European jewel case artwork also created by Seth Siro Anton:

UPDATE

New song "The Fiends Who Come To Steal The Magick Of The Deceased" can be found streaming online on Noisecreep.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Nile

Posted: 25.05.2012 by Cynic Metalhead

Comments page 2 of 2

‹‹ Back to the News Pages: 1 [2]

Troy Killjoy - 24.05.2012 at 18:37
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 24.05.2012 at 18:20
People that buy the album might. People that like nice art might too. Just saying. Discussion of artwork is legitimate conversation if you ask me

Even though I'm not up in arms about this, artwork is indeed a legitimate thing to discuss, especially in comparison to some other crap people talk about.

It's the same reason why different publishers change the artwork of certain books - because some book covers are atrocious, while others are beautiful. I remember a slew of Puffin Classics being published with a really simple monochrome scheme that looked elegant, while some other publishing company (forget the name) changed the covers to like, these overly elaborate paintings depicting a scene from the novel but they seemed disjointed somehow. It's the same book, but one cover appeals more to me, so I'm going to buy that one instead.

Not sure where that rambling came from.
!J.O.O.E.! - 24.05.2012 at 18:40
Written by Troy Killjoy on 24.05.2012 at 18:37

Not sure where that rambling came from.

Well certainly for me, album/book covers influence me quite a lot in how I imagine and picture/listen to the book/music, something that stays with me until the end. Nice artwork is definitely a bonus for me.
a MasT - 24.05.2012 at 19:28
Looks like curriculum from an Egyptology survey course, def one of the most interesting DM acts.
Boxcar Willy - 24.05.2012 at 22:00
Written by Troy Killjoy on 24.05.2012 at 18:37

Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 24.05.2012 at 18:20

Not sure where that rambling came from.

When I'm on Bandcamp, and I see a nice cover, I go therebefore I go to the one with the dead goose on the front.

I indeed, judge a book by it's cover, but generally, good cover = good music, why? because when the have a nice cover, it means tehy care, they are trying to sound good and want their whole image to be good. That's not to say that ugly art-ed music isn't good, but it's definately a minus.
Mr. Doctor - 24.05.2012 at 22:26
Written by Boxcar Willy on 24.05.2012 at 22:00

I don't see how it can be a minus. To me artwork and lyrics are only bonus, never minus... They can and should never affect negatively the music.

If there's an album I enjoy with a magnificent artwork, it's only going to be an extra plus, but if the artwork was horrible... then... nothing happens. The music is still amazing.
Boxcar Willy - 24.05.2012 at 22:31
Written by Mr. Doctor on 24.05.2012 at 22:26

Written by Boxcar Willy on 24.05.2012 at 22:00

A cheesy cover doesn't matter, it just ruins it on the cd shelf, but chessy lyrics can definately ruin an album
Mr. Doctor - 24.05.2012 at 22:54
Written by Boxcar Willy on 24.05.2012 at 22:31

Aaaaaah well, this is the best part that I forgot to tell: If you listen to mostly extreme metal, that won't really be a problem even if you were someone who cares about lyrics.

They are insignificant to me in the sense that they can only improve but never ruin an album. What's the point? To me that's the only way: Words are poetry, I can't hear them. Not to mention that I like to form my own meanings for music, I find music far more satisfactory that way. This lyric-thing goes straight to its shithouse the moment we are talking about different languages, then it obviously won't matter at all if you don't understand it.

Oh! The amounts of music I would miss out if I was a lyric-nazi. Let's face it, a huge load of bands, even the greatest ones have only "decent" lyrics. More than 3/4 of metal is pure shitfest of lyrics anyways.
EdguyAsFuck - 25.05.2012 at 00:02
"Enduring The Eternal Molestation Of Flame"

These song titles are ace
Illog1cal - 25.05.2012 at 00:57
If someone asked you to tell them what your favourite song from 'At The Gate of Sethu' was I think you would have a hard time remembering lol.

'Ethno-Musicological Cannibalisms' caught my eye and the jewel case art looks really impressive, as great as the album cover.
Butters49 - 25.05.2012 at 03:37
"Ethno-Musicological Cannibalisms"

right on.

lol.
Boxcar Willy - 25.05.2012 at 03:56
Written by Mr. Doctor on 24.05.2012 at 22:54

Written by Boxcar Willy on 24.05.2012 at 22:31

True, I still like to think most bands write semi=decent stuff.

But I guess some could be screaming about how much they love Ellen DeGeneres.
Mr. Doctor - 25.05.2012 at 10:52
Written by Boxcar Willy on 25.05.2012 at 03:56

True, I still like to think most bands write semi=decent stuff.

But I guess some could be screaming about how much they love Ellen DeGeneres.

Hey, Ellen is awesome, okay? Writing about her >>> All satanic and gorish stuff.
Boxcar Willy - 25.05.2012 at 14:23
Written by Mr. Doctor on 25.05.2012 at 10:52

Written by Boxcar Willy on 25.05.2012 at 03:56

True, I still like to think most bands write semi=decent stuff.

But I guess some could be screaming about how much they love Ellen DeGeneres.

Never said she wasn't

Watch her everyday actually
Mr. Doctor - 25.05.2012 at 15:06
Written by Boxcar Willy on 25.05.2012 at 14:23

Never said she wasn't
Watch her everyday actually

She's awesome indeed. If I was a lesbian I would... Oh wait.
Ozman - 25.05.2012 at 15:08
No she isn't awesome, she is one fo the most boring "comedians" around,
and now get the fuck back on topic.
Mr. Doctor - 25.05.2012 at 15:15
Written by Ozman on 25.05.2012 at 15:08

No she isn't awesome, she is one fo the most boring "comedians" around,
and now get the fuck back on topic.

Never saw her as a comedian. Just some charismatic gal I enjoy watching from time to time.
But yeah.. back on topic... that would be ehmm... This artwork. Which Sucks. Agree? Yeah.
Ozman - 25.05.2012 at 15:20
Written by Mr. Doctor on 25.05.2012 at 15:15

Amongst the owrst of the year up to now
Baz Anderson - 25.05.2012 at 16:10
The new song sounds... ok.
The Benighted - 25.05.2012 at 16:39
Song's awesome. Excited to hear the whole thing.
Rulatore - 25.05.2012 at 16:40
Written by Baz Anderson on 25.05.2012 at 16:10

The new song sounds... ok.

Really ?

I found it better than I expected, really good one. Quite different from what I've heard from them (the vocals especially)
exomorphyx89 - 25.05.2012 at 16:59
I reached multiple orgasms while listening to this song... I detected a fresh sound and think some clean vocals fit well into the song the way they used them... I just hope they haven't abused so much of clean vocals in the other songs to avoid losing the essence of Nile's devastating sound.
Kamil - 25.05.2012 at 17:29
This song is mighty
Baz Anderson - 25.05.2012 at 17:41
Yeh, it hasn't grabbed me yet... maybe I've been listening to some more extreme stuff recently and I was expecting more blasts, etc.
infernaldeath87 - 25.05.2012 at 17:57
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 24.05.2012 at 18:20

Written by infernaldeath87 on 24.05.2012 at 18:17

I'm pretty sure the music will be great, so who gives a shit about the artwork. I mean, really.

We have threads and polls dedicated to all manner of pointless wank: "which of the big four have the better smell" etc. Discussion of artwork is legitimate conversation if you ask me

Also, I don''t have particularly high hopes for this. They've been on a decline ever since Annihilation.

Art is great and all, but imo it's not as important as the actual music. And I agree that they have been on a decline, but maybe this will be a bounce back album! Hopefully.
Sync - 25.05.2012 at 18:08
Just listened to the song, again like Baz hasn't grabbed me yet.

I'll give it a few more spins but I generally found the first half of the song pretty boring. Hopefully the song will grow on me and the album will be awesome!
!J.O.O.E.! - 25.05.2012 at 18:15
Christ, what's with the weak-ass guitar tone, thin production and bland/shitty vocals? I have nothing positive to say about the new track whatsoever.

Hard to believe this is the same band that made this:

treptolemus - 25.05.2012 at 18:24
A new song? I think it's interesting. I'm quite sure that there will be more variety - many new tracks ahead... hmmm Nile. Let's see
Mr. Doctor - 25.05.2012 at 18:32
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 25.05.2012 at 18:15

Man, the production is indeed very shitty. I like the msuic itself but the production butcher it so much. If this track had the same production as the song you posted + better vocals(seriously what's up with the vocals?) it could have been a great track but if the whole album will sound like this... well, yeah. Sad.
Derelict Earth - 25.05.2012 at 19:01
Strange vocals and the guitar tone is way too synthetic ...
empty - 25.05.2012 at 19:23
new vocals dont really have the gritty quality to them so far, and Dallas seems to have given up most of his vocals to Chris on tour as well. the artwork does seem rushed, though i kinda like the clarity in the guitar production. drums and production overall sounds pretty full

why Dallas, why give up vocals
Unhealer - 25.05.2012 at 20:28
Vocals reminded me of Pestilence latest, it's like the guy is dying. I liked those vocals though, and the song also This got my hopes up for this one after all.
Troy Killjoy - 25.05.2012 at 21:34
LOL WTF did I just listen to?

Please be some kind of joke.
Mr. Doctor - 25.05.2012 at 22:08
Written by Troy Killjoy on 25.05.2012 at 21:34

LOL WTF did I just listen to?
Please be some kind of joke.

I don't think that terrible production and vocals is any kind of joke. Such a shame.
BlueMobius - 25.05.2012 at 23:32
Idk, the sound is so flat I'm wondering if it's just a really crappy digital file the site uploaded. I hope the album has a more full sound than that. I even played the track on my nice speaker set with a subwoofer and the sound was still really weak. Way too much high end in the mix.
Unhealer - 26.05.2012 at 06:45
It may have questionable production but I keep checking out that song, the riffing is amazing and in a non-masturbative sense.
MetalSpider - 27.05.2012 at 06:57
The song itself is pretty good...the production isn't all that great (but then again it's based of a website upload) and I don't like the vocals on this song. Hopefully the rest of the album sounds better.
Boxcar Willy - 27.05.2012 at 07:10
When you click on the link to listen to the stream there is a different album cover?

.Nick - 27.05.2012 at 12:43
Clean(ish) vocals seemed out of place and the production was rather thin, pretty cool riffs and drums though.
Chobo_jokeR - 27.05.2012 at 21:26
Written by Boxcar Willy on 27.05.2012 at 07:10

The one here is the European artwork, the one on the streaming site is the artwork for other countries.
Mr. Doctor - 27.05.2012 at 21:33
Written by Chobo_jokeR on 27.05.2012 at 21:26

Written by Boxcar Willy on 27.05.2012 at 07:10

Basically... Nile hates Europe, that's why they gave is the worse artwork. What a bunch of dickheads.
Chobo_jokeR - 27.05.2012 at 21:36
Written by Mr. Doctor on 27.05.2012 at 21:33

Haha, oh well....can always just flip the booklet inside out if you despise it that much (assuming you purchase the CD - and maybe judging from that song it might be best to wait for the full album).
Misfit74 - 28.05.2012 at 04:31
Sounds like they've been collaborating with Lamb Of God (recently).

Lot's of Djenty stuff. Doom-Groove-Thrash-Death-Djent-ish. Only one song so I won't condemn it just yet. Not at all what I might have expected. Not terrible, either.
Opethian - 13.06.2012 at 07:50
The Cover Art is just as if not more Clustered then any Slayer album and look at how many F-Tards rave about their albums ...

Pages: 1 [2]

News Mob Rules - Unveil New Album Cover Artwork And Tracklist 10 07.09.2012 by The Shape 1973
News Manes - Unveil New Album Artwork And Tracklist 10 27.08.2014 by Hex_Omega
News Delain - Unveil New Album Artwork And Tracklist 10 21.01.2012 by Kingface
News Riverside - Unveil New Album Artwork And Tracklist 10 19.11.2012 by R'Vannith
News 3 Inches Of Blood - Unveil New Album Artwork And Tracklist 10 04.02.2012 by Edmund Fogg