Silencing Machine, the upcoming new album from US black metal machine Nachtmystium will be released on July 31st via Century Media. On that day, there will be a record release show at Reggie's Rock Club, Chicago, Illinois. The first 100 people through the door will receive a special Nachtmystium giveaway. The band has now revealed the album cover, which is available below. Silencing Machine will be available on CD, LP and digitally.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Nachtmystium

Posted: 28.05.2012 by BloodTears

Comments

Doc Godin - 28.05.2012 at 12:40
Black Meddle prts I & II both had incredible artwork...This is kind of dull looking.
Mr. Doctor - 28.05.2012 at 13:10
Written by Doc Godin on 28.05.2012 at 12:40

Agree, I was expecting more. But hey... new Nachtmystium album. That's cool too!
BlueMobius - 28.05.2012 at 14:22
I like it. Sometimes you just need to keep it simple.
Mr. Doctor - 28.05.2012 at 14:45
Written by BlueMobius on 28.05.2012 at 14:22

I like it. Sometimes you just need to keep it simple.

It's not the minimal aspect that bothers me (not at all, some of my all time favorite artwork is extremely simple)... This one just feels sloppy. Being minimal doesn't mean that you have to do it in such a rush which is the vibe I get from this artwork.
BoxCar Willy - 28.05.2012 at 14:50
I like it, but I think it was a last minute descision

like "Oh shit, we still need a cover"
BlueMobius - 28.05.2012 at 14:57
Written by Mr. Doctor on 28.05.2012 at 14:45

This one just feels sloppy.

How so?
ImperialTroll - 28.05.2012 at 15:03
Sweet! This one's gonna kick ass!
Mr. Doctor - 28.05.2012 at 15:29
Written by BlueMobius on 28.05.2012 at 14:57

Written by Mr. Doctor on 28.05.2012 at 14:45

This one just feels sloppy.

How so?

Like Willy said, it feels like a last minute desicion where the dudes were all hungover:

- ah crap.... we need a cover, right?
- ...uh, yeah I think
- Uh... what can we put there?
- Uh.... A skull? Skull is still metal?
- Yeah
- Put a skull then...
- ....Meh, okay *lazily draws something*.... Good enough?
- Meh
- Yeah, meh... fuck it, let's use it.

I see no effort here at all. Shit even the way the band logo and album name is glued there feels careless. That's how I see it anyways.
Unhealer - 28.05.2012 at 15:39
This looks more like a poster, mayyyybe it is not the final artwork, they didn't specify. Either way it's ok.

Well, I got into this band a couple of months back, I expect a good record.
BlueMobius - 28.05.2012 at 16:01
Written by Mr. Doctor on 28.05.2012 at 15:29

For those only familiar with this band's recent work then perhaps, but the band's older artwork often looked like this, so it's nothing surprising to me.

I think the artwork was done this way intentionally to reflect a style change. In an interview (probably conducted in March when Nachtmystium was in the studio) with Decibel magazine published in the June issue, Judd states the previous albums (Black Meddle Parts 1 & 2) were more experimental, while the new album is more aggressive and back to the basics ... black metal.

He also said in the interview that they were ahead of schedule with recording, so I doubt this was a last minute throw-together.

Plus like the post above said, this may not be the final artwork as the band posted this on their Facebook concerning a CD release party ... could just be the show poster.
Troy Killjoy - 28.05.2012 at 16:31
Hopefully this reflects a change in style. As much as I enjoyed the Black Meddle releases it would be nice to see how they transition back into pure black metal.
Mr. Doctor - 28.05.2012 at 16:40
Written by BlueMobius on 28.05.2012 at 16:01

I'm familiar with their other work, in fact. I dig the second one (not to big on the first one... it's meh).
But yeah, it could very well be the poster... That wouldn't surprise me. It looks far more like a poster than the artwork for their latest cd.
Apothecary - 28.05.2012 at 18:05
Written by Doc Godin on 28.05.2012 at 12:40

I couldn't agree more.
Oaken - 28.05.2012 at 18:09
Written by Doc Godin on 28.05.2012 at 12:40

This is kind of dull looking.

Compared to the boobs on Black Meddle 1... Yes.
Czerny Reiter - 28.05.2012 at 18:43
A simplistic and dull cover I can forgive but I sincerely hope they continue on with the musical experimentation. Pure black metal is not my thing and they really caught me with their Black Meddle releases.
Everlost - 28.05.2012 at 18:51
The simple artwork and the old logo might mean a comeback to the old BM sound, which would be very welcome imo. It probably won't happen though.
Cynic Metalhead - 28.05.2012 at 19:35
Written by Oaken on 28.05.2012 at 18:09

Written by Doc Godin on 28.05.2012 at 12:40

This is kind of dull looking.

Compared to the boobs on Black Meddle 1... Yes.

Honestly.

Boobs and the lady parts aren't the only factors to considered an artwork to be very good and classic. It's like "Bro, that was a heavy boobs and wow! a hairy vagina?...awesome! cover art is fucking cool and good. Even the textures are good" Really? Really?

Now designers have to really think upon including boons and vagina in an artwork??. Fuck that.
Oaken - 28.05.2012 at 19:59
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 28.05.2012 at 19:35

Honestly.

Ever heard of sarcasm?
-__-
EdguyAsFuck - 28.05.2012 at 21:14
Yeah this definitely looks like a big mood change, perhaps into some bleak, raw black metal. Not a problem for me, as long as it's executed well. I personally really like this album cover, especially if they slim down their sound into something similar to their early material. It seems like it would fit really well.
Doc Godin - 28.05.2012 at 21:16
Written by Troy Killjoy on 28.05.2012 at 16:31

That would be a bad sign in my eyes. Both those albums were experimental, but still very different from one another. Going back to pure black metal I can't really picture being anything but a step backwards for this band. We'll have to wait and see, I guess. Maybe the song writing will be awesome enough to make up for it.

And I really hope that is just a poster.
Necrogeddon - 28.05.2012 at 22:00
Written by Doc Godin on 28.05.2012 at 21:16

And I really hope that is just a poster.

I completely agree. The last couple of releases have a lot more heart, I can barely listen to some of their earlier stuff like Reign Of The Malicious...as you said, we just have to wait and see.
BlueMobius - 29.05.2012 at 04:49
Written by Doc Godin on 28.05.2012 at 21:16

Written by Troy Killjoy on 28.05.2012 at 16:31

You should read my post above Troy's for a little info on the album direction.
a MasT - 29.05.2012 at 06:13
Doesn't suck
!J.O.O.E.! - 29.05.2012 at 14:03
I like it. I didn't like the skeleton boobs one much at all. This one has a nice windswept, nuclear winter feel about it.

And yeah, three cheers for Instinct: Decay pt II rather than the horrible watered down dross of recent stuff. Come on Nacht, stop being a one hit wonder.
Mr. Doctor - 29.05.2012 at 14:08
Written by Doc Godin on 28.05.2012 at 21:16

Written by Troy Killjoy on 28.05.2012 at 16:31

And I really hope that is just a poster.

It doesn't feel as much as a pure BM thing but more like a return to the music right before the meedle duo i.e. Instinct: Decay, which is great news imo (although I reall enjoyed the meedle albums).
BlueMobius - 30.05.2012 at 00:54
Written by Mr. Doctor on 29.05.2012 at 14:08

Written by Doc Godin on 28.05.2012 at 21:16

And I really hope that is just a poster.

Not to mention that art is by the same person who drew the Instinct: Decay cover.
BlueMobius - 02.06.2012 at 00:59
Written by Doc Godin on 28.05.2012 at 21:16

Written by Troy Killjoy on 28.05.2012 at 16:31

Well boys, here's a taste of what's to come and I'm liking it.

News Rebellion - Reveal New Album Artwork 7 22.09.2012 by Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk
News A Forest Of Stars - Reveal New Album Artwork And Tracklist 7 24.05.2012 by M C Vice
News Noctem - Reveal New Album Artwork And More 7 24.12.2013 by
News Netherbird - Reveal New Album Title And Cover Artwork 7 09.12.2012 by BlackDuff
News ReVamp - Reveal New Album Title And Cover Artwork 7 07.06.2013 by Opethian