"Meltdown", a brand new song from Dutch rockers The Gathering is now available for streaming at this location. Alternatively, you can check it out below. The song comes off the band's upcoming new album entitled Disclosure, which has been tentatively penned in for a September 12th release.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: The Gathering

Posted: 29.05.2012 by BudDa

Comments

Awesomesaurus - 29.05.2012 at 21:18
Awesome, cant wait to hear the full-length CD.
Susan - 29.05.2012 at 21:22
I think it's safe to say the Gathering is one of the furthest evolved bands around these parts.

I dig this.
Array - 29.05.2012 at 21:28
Is it just me or does YouTube nowadays offer that horrible 240p as default.
Dark Forever - 29.05.2012 at 21:30
Written by Array on 29.05.2012 at 21:28

Is it just me or does YouTube nowadays offer that horrible 240p as default.

Of course it does, it requires much less from their servers and some people don't notice/don't care about HD. But I agree that there should be an option for registered users to listen at maximum quality available by default.
Array - 29.05.2012 at 21:34
Written by Dark Forever on 29.05.2012 at 21:30

But I think it previously offered the 360p, even though there was the insanely crappy 240p too.
tirim4 - 29.05.2012 at 21:41
I was shocked when I first heard it, the first part was not what I expected after Heroes for Ghosts, but it certainly grows over time. I must say that once again I think TG has a masterpiece in the works.
Ivor - 29.05.2012 at 22:13
This is bloody awesome on first listen. If this is the direction they go, this might turn out genuinely interesting and make me appreciate as something different, the way they are now, without Anneke. This really made me curious for the new album.

I.
RaVeN - 29.05.2012 at 22:31
This song is really growing on me. I never really listened to them after anneke left , i thought the band would never be the same again. I guess it took them a while to get back on track. This sounds really promising, can't wait for the album.
Ivor - 29.05.2012 at 22:43
Written by RaVeN on 29.05.2012 at 22:31

I know what you mean. Even though The West Pole was a decent album you could feel the the hole left there by Anneke. They need a good change to the sound and grow into it because I don't think they can patch it up with a new voice. This song seems like a step in the right direction so far.

I.
Angel_Lament - 29.05.2012 at 23:13
Very refreshing and good song, and the cover art looks amazing, with this and "Heroes For Ghosts" Can't wait for the album!!!
Kamil - 30.05.2012 at 00:20
Very nice song.
It sounds a bit like "Souvenirs", only one album after their musical change, which I really like.
Ernis - 30.05.2012 at 00:53
Grand song! Seems they've brought back the male vocals. Plus I sense some similarities with Pure Reason Revolution. Can't wait to hear the rest of the album...
IronAngel - 30.05.2012 at 01:42
Not really feeling it as much as you folks. It's not bad, but didn't blow me away yet, either. Second listen reveals a lot of texture though, which is something that was missing from The West Pole. All those delicious electronic sounds made Souvenirs such an amazing record. This manages to sound organic and light at the same time, something which is kinda cool even if I'd prefer a darker, stranger soundscape.

Here's hoping for lots of crazy jams, crescendos, drones, bleeps and bloops.
Mr. Doctor - 30.05.2012 at 01:53
Really surprised... I liked it a lot.
BlueMobius - 30.05.2012 at 03:05
Hmm, feels like the mid '90s to me.
Mr. Doctor - 30.05.2012 at 14:35
Written by BlueMobius on 30.05.2012 at 03:05

Hmm, feels like the mid '90s to me.

90s is probably my favorite music period both in- and outside metal.
Cal Wolvington - 30.05.2012 at 15:14
Nice! Really liked it. Also, am I the only one who thinks the cover looks much better with the blurring effect used in the video?
Mr. Doctor - 30.05.2012 at 15:35
Written by Guest on 30.05.2012 at 15:14

Am I the only one who thinks the cover looks much better with the blurring effect used in the video?

Yes, to me it doesn't serve any purpose. It just fucks up the nice image, like trying to make it "more modern" or something.
Cal Wolvington - 30.05.2012 at 15:39
Written by Mr. Doctor on 30.05.2012 at 15:35

Written by Guest on 30.05.2012 at 15:14

We have to agree to disagree once again. I just find the original image sort of ugly. Oh well.
!J.O.O.E.! - 30.05.2012 at 15:43
I don't know this band but I dig it a lot.
Mr. Doctor - 30.05.2012 at 15:48
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 30.05.2012 at 15:43

I don't know this band but I dig it a lot.

Hmmm I don't know if I'm surprised or not.

I wouldn't be surprised considering that I didn't expect you to listen to their music. But I am surprised consider how big the name is.

So... yeah, that's The Gathering for you. They started as a death/doom band... then slowly went through different kind of music and stuff. True story.
I know Marcel likes the debut.

Written by Guest on 30.05.2012 at 15:39

We definitelly disagree. I don't see what's not to like about the artwork
Ivor - 30.05.2012 at 16:20
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 30.05.2012 at 15:43

I don't know this band but I dig it a lot.

Judging by this I take a wild stab you don't know Pure Reason Revolution either? Considering this song, I have a feeling you would like their stuff.

I.
!J.O.O.E.! - 30.05.2012 at 16:58
Written by Ivor on 30.05.2012 at 16:20

I.

Never heard of 'em, but listening to The Dark Third right now and enjoying it quite a bit
Ivor - 30.05.2012 at 17:01
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 30.05.2012 at 16:58

Written by Ivor on 30.05.2012 at 16:20

I.

You bastard! I've been telling for years that that album is my top pick of the last decade. You'll love second and third album more, as those are considerably more electronic.

I.
!J.O.O.E.! - 30.05.2012 at 17:01
Written by Mr. Doctor on 30.05.2012 at 15:48

Hmmm I don't know if I'm surprised or not.

I know Marcel likes the debut.

Yeah I've know about the band in the back of my mind for a while, never actually listened to them though. I certainly couldn't see Marcel liking this kinda thing. Will have a little explore of The Gathering's discog, and will certainly check out this one.
!J.O.O.E.! - 30.05.2012 at 17:03
Written by Ivor on 30.05.2012 at 17:01

I.

Haha, well your recommendation finally got around to me Better late than never!
Mr. Doctor - 30.05.2012 at 17:05
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 30.05.2012 at 17:01

Marcel likes the debut because it's virtually a compleely different band
But their discography is hella varied so it's one of those bands when it's better not to dismiss any album and check everything just to be sure, it might be just *that* one that you like and not all the others.
Ivor - 30.05.2012 at 17:08
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 30.05.2012 at 17:01

Should be mentioned that the first disc (that Marcel likes) is the death doom one with male vocals. Far cry from this.

I.
Array - 30.05.2012 at 17:52
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 30.05.2012 at 15:43

I don't know this band but I dig it a lot.

Also, don't forget to check out one of the best live albums out there: link.
!J.O.O.E.! - 30.05.2012 at 17:54
Written by Array on 30.05.2012 at 17:52

Also, don't forget to check out one of the best live albums out there: link.

Hmm a live album eh? Not usually my thing but that's suuuure some high ratin' for a live album. Hyuk.
Mr. Doctor - 30.05.2012 at 17:58
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 30.05.2012 at 17:54

Written by Array on 30.05.2012 at 17:52

Also, don't forget to check out one of the best live albums out there: link.

Actually... It looks like all their live albums have high ratings hahaha.
Array - 30.05.2012 at 18:03
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 30.05.2012 at 17:54

Yea don't know about the ratings, but it's a great setlist including different eras. And those eras go well hand in hand because of the very fitting style of approaching the tracks they were performing live. And the musicianship and all that stuff... just too good.
woodsmoke666 - 30.05.2012 at 22:27
Interesting! Not really my scene but I think I'll pick it up when its out

News We Butter The Bread With Butter - New Song Online 7 19.06.2013 by Bad English
News The Red Chord - New Album Details And New Song Online 7 10.09.2009 by Bloodfrozen
News The Monolith Deathcult - New Song Online 7 27.02.2011 by Baz Anderson
News The Gates Of Slumber - New Album Details, New Song Online 7 26.03.2011 by Clintagram
News Charred Walls Of The Damned - New Song Online 7 24.08.2011 by BudDa