It seems that apparently not only is Slash not welcome at any Guns N' Roses shows, but neither are Slash T-shirts.

According to British music magazine NME, a fan at GNR's May 31 concert at London's O2 Arena, who showed up a wearing a Slash T-shirt, was forced by security to remove his shirt at the door. The concertgoer, 18-year-old James Revell, grudgingly abided and entered the venue bare-chested.

When NME asked O2's security if there was in fact an official ban on Slash shirts, the answer was: "We were told by the management not to allow anyone into the O2 Arena who is wearing a Slash T-shirt, and we are asking anyone who is to remove it and if they refuse they will be turned away."

O2 security stated that this ban applied even to audience members sitting in the very back rows of the 20,000-capacity venue.

Said Revell: "I felt very angry because I was looking after my little brother at the time, and felt as though my freedom to wear what I want had been taken away from me. However, I did not react angrily, as I didn't want to spoil the show for him."

He added: "I have never experienced anything as insulting as that at a concert before and I had to sit there in my little brother's jumper (sweater) and wait for Axl to turn up well over an hour late, which we could only stay to watch three songs as we had to catch a train back. I think that Axl Rose doesn't appreciate his fans or anyone for that matter, he needs to grow up and stop acting like a child."

As well as this, the band has been criticised on their UK tour for their late starts.

Source: music.yahoo.com
Band profile: Guns N' Roses

Posted: 04.06.2012 by LeChron James

Comments

The Shape 1973 - 04.06.2012 at 12:29
They started at about 10.45pm when I saw them at the Nottingham gig. Thin Lizzy didn't get off till 10.15pm, so not that late. They played till 1.50am so we got our moneys worth.

His mic wasn't working for the first song, so that got thrown on the floor and he disappeared for about a minute as the band played on. With his reputation I thought he wouldn't come back, but he did and it was a good show.

Some guy got thrown out just by where we were standing, didn't see what he was doing though. Doubt it was for wearing a Slash t-shirt, the story sounds made up to me, just to make Axel sound like an even bigger cunt than he actually is.
Athropos - 04.06.2012 at 14:11
How ridiculous.
BoxCar Willy - 04.06.2012 at 14:30
Axl is a fucking asshat.
BlueMobius - 04.06.2012 at 14:37
I'm banning myself from going to Axl's shows.
PocketMetal - 04.06.2012 at 15:28
How butthurt can axl be ?
Scuzzy McDouche - 04.06.2012 at 16:04
I don't understand how anyone could actually still be a fan of Axl Rose or go to any of his shows. This fuckhead should be banned from music.
ianathema - 04.06.2012 at 16:11
The band itself should be banned forever, fucking pop crap
Metal Defender - 04.06.2012 at 16:48
The story seems a bit far-fetched but if this did happen, they were seriously asking people to remove their clothing if it had some other guys name on it? What if it were a girl wearing a Slash t-shirt? Would they ask them to remove it too? I'm sure they would have kicked up more of a fuss if that were the case.
Bad English - 04.06.2012 at 16:56
O yes GnR is wussies nowdays totaly sucks, I never will go and never will remove anything because scurity or organisers ask, bands live because of fans, dont fuck whit fans , or we can strike beck harder
The Shape 1973 - 04.06.2012 at 18:37
Written by Metal Defender on 04.06.2012 at 16:48

I know that Axel is a twat, but the show was really good and I'm not a fan. How many other bands play for nearly 3 hours? The vocals were fine, the 3 guitarists were actually much better than expected. Better than when I saw Motley Crue anyway.
IchZerstörteSie - 04.06.2012 at 19:03
Axel is a bitch!
BitterCOld - 04.06.2012 at 19:32
He is metal douche royalty.
Unhealer - 04.06.2012 at 20:19
Quote:
and felt as though my freedom to wear what I want had been taken away from me

What a dramatic guy.
Cuca Beludo - 04.06.2012 at 20:21
Why this band is still alive?? Axl could just.... die!
.Nick - 04.06.2012 at 20:33
Looks promising for Graspop.
Abattoir - 04.06.2012 at 20:47
This rose has faded long time ago...
Wraith000 - 04.06.2012 at 21:53
WTF ?
Doc Godin - 04.06.2012 at 21:57
Sounds made up to me.
Warman - 04.06.2012 at 22:18
Written by Scuzzy McDouche on 04.06.2012 at 16:04

Couldn't have said better myself.
Ace Frawley - 04.06.2012 at 23:53
Axl should be banned from calling this band Guns n' Roses because he has turned the whole thing into a circus with a revolving door of musicians and decades between albums and strange anti-social behaviour. If this story of someone having to remove a Slash t-shirt is true then the "management" of this ridiculous operation need to take a long hard look at themselves and grow up.
Introspekrieg - 05.06.2012 at 00:00
Written by Doc Godin on 04.06.2012 at 21:57

Sounds made up to me.

Yes... he could have simply turned the shirt inside out.
Lit. - 05.06.2012 at 00:09

I wanna see Slash's reaction on this.
kingeryck - 05.06.2012 at 01:09
Everyone should sneak Slash shirts into their shows now.
Troy Killjoy - 05.06.2012 at 01:18
Fake story is fake. Pissed off fan wants his five minutes of fame and capitalized on a musician whose recent activities have given this story an ounce of legitimacy.
John Sandman - 05.06.2012 at 03:56
I will not waste my money on Axl and his hired guns... Late shows and kicks out fans of his show.
bran - 05.06.2012 at 06:20
Written by kingeryck on 05.06.2012 at 01:09

Everyone should sneak Slash shirts into their shows now.

why dozens of people show up to gnr concerts all the time dressed in slash shirts and dressed up like slash all the time and are not kicked out.
M C Vice - 05.06.2012 at 06:30
What about a Slash wig and top hat? And do they check that nobody is wearing Slash underpants?
Doc Godin - 05.06.2012 at 07:31
Written by Troy Killjoy on 05.06.2012 at 01:18

That was my reaction. Just because Axl acts like a dick enough, people can accuse him of all sorts of bizarre, outlandish shit, and get taken seriously. Intros argument basically renders this entire story a farce:

Written by Introspekrieg on 05.06.2012 at 00:00

Yes... he could have simply turned the shirt inside out.

If there is any legitimacy to this story, I'd bank more on concert promoters creating this rule to play things safe, tip-toe so they don't wind up with any issues caused by Axl storming off stage.

The thing that strikes me as odd about this whole thing, is why this decision happened now? He's been back on tour since like 2006, and nothing of this sort has been mentioned before...
bran - 05.06.2012 at 08:38
Written by Doc Godin on 05.06.2012 at 07:31

Written by Troy Killjoy on 05.06.2012 at 01:18

Written by Introspekrieg on 05.06.2012 at 00:00

Yes... he could have simply turned the shirt inside out.

there was a story of this a couple years ago where a security guy was hassling a guy for wearing a slash shirt or whatever and a freind of the band saw this and told security to leave the guy alone
Andreas - 05.06.2012 at 12:17
Written by Introspekrieg on 05.06.2012 at 00:00

Written by Doc Godin on 04.06.2012 at 21:57

Sounds made up to me.

Yes... he could have simply turned the shirt inside out.

Because he could turn it outside out again once he was in.

Not saying that I necessarily believe the story...
Angelic Storm - 05.06.2012 at 12:41
Hasn't Axl ejected/attacked fans in the past for wearing Slash stuff or calling his name out at shows? I feel sure something like this has happened in the past... I wouldn't take it for granted that this story is fake...
TheLostChord - 05.06.2012 at 18:35
Haha i hate that band
Xim - 06.06.2012 at 01:03
Yeah, seriously fuck Axl Rose. The only thing he's good for anymore is to be the subject for gossip topics like this and give people like me somebody to bitch about.
AnGina-- - 11.06.2012 at 01:10
Axl sure is a big giant douche, but then again when news like this come out, it's always time to ask yourself how much did the media itself have with the pumping of the story. Let's face it, news like this will be read and considering the Axl vs. Slash battle is nothing new, this piece of news started to bore me the minute I've heard of it. I mean, it probably is true, but is Axl being a di*k something new? Does this shock anyone? Nothing new to me.
HellriderRising - 03.07.2012 at 17:37
Mercy!

News Guns N' Roses - To Release 3D Live Concert Film, Trailer Online 7.5 14.04.2013 by Bad English
News Guns N' Roses - Canadian Tour With Sebastian Bach, Danko Jones 7.5 03.11.2009 by Minkaro
News Guns N' Roses - Axl Rose Rejects Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Induction 7.5 13.04.2012 by Loathera
News Steven Adler - Enters Rehab, Adler Summer Trek Postponed 7.5 05.05.2013 by AngelofDeth
Albums Guns N' Roses - Use Your Illusion I 6 04.03.2012 by Korah