According to Venia-Mag.net, the final evening (June 5) of the first ever Croatian Metalfest Open Air ended up pretty badly for headliners Megadeth, who were forced to reduce their set after being thrown rocks at. The crowd is said to have been devastated because W.A.S.P. and Dark Tranquillity cancelled their sets due to technical problems and blamed Megadeth for it. Reportedly, W.A.S.P. and Megadeth had some arguments that led to the cancellation of the shows and the fans didn't approve of this.

Dark Tranquillity posted the following on their Facebook page: "To our Croatian fans: we're sorry for the cancellation of our show at today's Metalfest, but the festival changed the playing schedule around so that it would have been logistically and technically impossible for us to perform at the new time slot. We were really looking forward to the show and hope to return as soon as possible."

Megadeth, however, haven't released any official statement yet, but the band's Facebook page is filled with comments from Croatian fans apologizing for what happened. More details should be revealed soon.

Source: venia-mag.net
Band profile: Megadeth

Posted: 06.06.2012 by bokimaniac

Comments

‹‹ Back to the News Pages: [1] 2

Zaphod - 06.06.2012 at 20:55
I'd throw rocks at Dave for being a giant douche, but I'd also wanna see the show... priorities, they're tough.
X5452 - 06.06.2012 at 20:57
FUCKING HELL! Metalheads stop this insane behavior! Its not the metal way, its what stupid rednecks do. Don´t go down that road.
Such a sad day in metal history.
Troy Killjoy - 06.06.2012 at 20:57
I'd throw a boulder at him if I could.
Bad English - 06.06.2012 at 20:58
Dont mis football whit metal bad gay boys
malaikat - 06.06.2012 at 20:58
I'm sorry, Zadar, but you seriously suck at organizing large events like Metalfest. Everybody can have a problem with drunken idiots, but this kind of stuff is happening way too often.

On the other side, if Dave really was such an asshole, go ahead, just aim better next time.
Lit. - 06.06.2012 at 21:02
They threw rocks at megadeth because they couldn't see W.A.S.P.?
That's interesting...
Cuca Beludo - 06.06.2012 at 21:05
Written by Lit. on 06.06.2012 at 21:02

They threw rocks at megadeth because they couldn't see W.A.S.P.?
That's interesting...

No, that's funny!
John Shock - 06.06.2012 at 21:08
Written by X5452 on 06.06.2012 at 20:57

Such a sad day in metal history.

Agree, such a stupid behavior from those metallers...fuck off them! That's not what we metallers do to bands, we treat them with respect so they can be proud of fans and do great music! ...That whats music is all about!
Slayer666 - 06.06.2012 at 21:09
From gobstoppers to rocks.... Shit's getting serious.
John Shock - 06.06.2012 at 21:13
It's not the way, never...even if you stupid lunatics (not all), don't like Dave Mustaine...i still think there's so fucking haters arround the world!...And you Troy Killjoy, you make me sick! ...with all respect, you're just a stupid asshole and hater like many others! Go f*** yourself, and i hope someone could throw a boulder into your face...i bet it's better that way...what exemple do you make to the comunity with such a comment like that! I don't like Mustaine very much, but he's a person and a musician like many others! That's not a reason to treat musicians like that!
Coolingsrock - 06.06.2012 at 21:20
This Would have never happened back in the so far,so good.... so what! ages.
Dave Would have been throwing elbows! lol
Milena - 06.06.2012 at 21:26
According to people who were there, both Megadeth and WASP changed their minds and wanted the slot at 8PM, Megadeth got it, WASP got angry and left, this changed Dark Tranquillity's schedule and fans were pissed. Allegedly Megadeth weren't stoned (te-he), but booed off stage. Waiting for more people to confirm me this.

This is why Balkan can't have nice things.
BoxCar Willy - 06.06.2012 at 21:26
Written by John Shock on 06.06.2012 at 21:13

Except for the fact that Mustaine is a big douchebag who gets bands banned from festivals just because is a christian wingnut. Honestly, he is probably the musician I respect the least, he's an immature asshole who can't wrap his head around other peoples beliefs. He has to learn that the world doesn't revolve around him. Also, Risk.

W.A.S.P >>>>>>>>>>>> Megadeth.

*Hucks rock*
Slayer666 - 06.06.2012 at 21:31
Written by John Shock on 06.06.2012 at 21:13

I love how "with all respect" reflects the rest of your comment.
Marcel Hubregtse - 06.06.2012 at 21:32
Written by BoxCar Willy on 06.06.2012 at 21:26

Get your facts straight. He didn't get bands banned from a festival but from a one off show they were headlining. Although I disagree with the reason he didn't want to play with those bands it's still up to him to decide who he wants to play with when it's his show.
Void Eater - 06.06.2012 at 21:35
I'd throw rocks at Wasp and Dark Tranquility so that they'd cancel and Megadeth would be able to perform longer.
BoxCar Willy - 06.06.2012 at 21:40
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 06.06.2012 at 21:32

Written by BoxCar Willy on 06.06.2012 at 21:26

Sorry, my bad. But I mean, grow the fuck up. If he wanted to get a christian band, or a Islamic band , or some other religion band banned from a concert just beacuse of what they sing about, he would be in some deep shit.
Coolingsrock - 06.06.2012 at 21:43
Quote:
Quote:
BoxCar Willy

He has to learn that the world doesn't revolve around him. Also, Risk.

W.A.S.P >>>>>>>>>>>> Megadeth.

*Hucks rock*

If They played the whole Risk Album At Metalfest Croatia , Even i would throw a stone or two. (From Big Megadeth fan before 2011)
Troy Killjoy - 06.06.2012 at 21:47
Written by John Shock on 06.06.2012 at 21:13

Keep your panties on, sweetheart. We haven't even gone out to dinner yet.
TX09 - 06.06.2012 at 22:00
Ive never known dave to be a deuce bag.. everytime ive seen megadeth or got to meet him in person they have always been great guys and go above and beyound what I would expect for such old guys..lol.. definatly is not their fault.. and yeah if I just had a bunch a rocks thrown at me id tell croatia to fuck itself and never return.. they are obvously retarted and cant organize an event
WorpeX - 06.06.2012 at 22:06
Written by Milena on 06.06.2012 at 21:26

This is why Balkan can't have nice things.

I hope this is true over stones. I did find this news post hilarious but rocks are a bit over the top. If this is true, i'd be boo'ing Megadeth too. I could care less about Megadeth or WASP but Dark Tranquility really got shafted on this one. They did nothing wrong but because they aren't a mega huge band like the other two, they got times shifted on them to the point that they couldn't even perform. A shame really, especially because DT is the better of the three bands IMO!
X5452 - 06.06.2012 at 22:21
Written by John Shock on 06.06.2012 at 21:08

Written by X5452 on 06.06.2012 at 20:57

Such a sad day in metal history.

Thanks for the support!
nicaZe - 06.06.2012 at 23:04
I always asked myself Why big bands never come to Croatia, Serbia or Bosnia. Now I know. We are so rude people, and after this I think that bands will traverse Balkan.

God please send me to UK, USA or any other country so I can enjoy music.
Introspekrieg - 06.06.2012 at 23:26
I bet that show rocked.
Troy Killjoy - 06.06.2012 at 23:27
Written by Introspekrieg on 06.06.2012 at 23:26
I bet that show rocked.

That took way too long for someone to say.
Captain Obvious - 06.06.2012 at 23:39
To paraphrase quote from The Godfather: Part II : Once again, a few rotten apples are giving a bad name to the whole barrel. If you want to boo them, fine, everyone has a right to their opinion. But please remember that there are people who are there to see said act perform. Don't ruin their experience. Fucking cowards!
RottingDeathHead - 06.06.2012 at 23:41
Hahaha wish I was there I wouldve thrown a few stones myself
BitterCOld - 06.06.2012 at 23:56
Stay classy, croatia.
Fat & Sassy! - 06.06.2012 at 23:59
Croatia is clearly full of wild children.

Written by Slayer666 on 06.06.2012 at 21:31

Written by John Shock on 06.06.2012 at 21:13

I love how "with all respect" reflects the rest of your comment.

pisymbol - 07.06.2012 at 00:02
Can everyone please just shut up and put a plug in it?
AngelofDeth - 07.06.2012 at 00:21
Written by BoxCar Willy on 06.06.2012 at 21:40

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 06.06.2012 at 21:32

Written by BoxCar Willy on 06.06.2012 at 21:26

Yeah from what Ive read he just doesnt like playing with them but only bans them from shows he organizes, which includes "festivals'(if you could call it that) like Gigantour, and even then I dont think he ever officially "banned" bands but just stated he's not going to book satanic bands. Though he still plays with these bands at Euro Festivals Im pretty sure. I dont see anything wrong with him not including satanic bands on his own shows either, would you book an atheist/agnostic intolerant band for a show your organizing and sponsoring?

And I dont really know what you are saying about the Christian/Islamic stuff, I dont see why he would ban a christian band, when Dave is more or less christian.

As for the Rock throwing and the supporters of it, thats just fucked up. Im not the biggest fan of Megadeth and know Dave is a lil butthole at times, but he doesnt deserve shit like this. Maybe I would understand it if it had been Axl up there but even still, no one in the music industry deserves That much hate. fruit/food are one thing but rocks are too much.
ANGEL REAPER - 07.06.2012 at 00:23
Written by nicaZe on 06.06.2012 at 23:04

God please send me to UK, USA or any other country so I can enjoy music.

actually bands need to have class in order not to be stoned on stage(Maiden proved this during their shows in Balkan,Metallica also,Slayer,Behemoth, and many more) ...i think that balkan's audience is far more demanding in shows ...so if bands act unprofessional audience plainly respond...
The only reason why Megadeth was stoned was probably the unprofessional behavior of them self,not the drunk rage of minority of fans...
but than again i dont care about Megadeth anyway...
ANGEL REAPER - 07.06.2012 at 00:28
Written by Troy Killjoy on 06.06.2012 at 21:47

Written by John Shock on 06.06.2012 at 21:13

Keep your panties on, sweetheart. We haven't even gone out to dinner yet.

Troy dont you love this fanboys trying to win an argument over internet?
nicaZe - 07.06.2012 at 00:30
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 07.06.2012 at 00:23

Written by nicaZe on 06.06.2012 at 23:04

God please send me to UK, USA or any other country so I can enjoy music.

but than again i dont care about Megadeth anyway...

Yes, I was on Maiden in Croatia and Whitesnake/Judas Priest in Serbia, it was great...I also don't care about Megadeth, but those things will ''kill'' us...bands won't come to Balkan and I hardly want to see a lot of them...that is just what I want to say...
BitterCOld - 07.06.2012 at 00:32
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 07.06.2012 at 00:23

actually bands need to have class in order not to be stoned on stage

i am hoping you are referring to smoking hippie lettuce here... or are you opining that chucking rocks at a band is acceptable behavior?
ANGEL REAPER - 07.06.2012 at 00:47
Written by BitterCOld on 07.06.2012 at 00:32

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 07.06.2012 at 00:23

actually bands need to have class in order not to be stoned on stage

a bit of both actually ....
of course i dont support throwing stones or assaulting musicians at shows as well as assaulting other people at shows,security etc (as partly musician myself i would not like to that happen to me - in fact if someone would throw something on me i would just throw that shit back...but that is different story)
but i think that audience have right to show their disapproval of bands actions on stage and during the festival (hey they payed the ticket to see them and after all if there weren't them the band would never existed ->had money,being famous etc ).
Partly i understand why the audience reacted that way > see ,not many top-end bands came here regularly and the shows are rare so the fans do expect that shows will be some kind of "religious experience" to them...when they get disappointed, they easily burst int rage..its not just the matter with metal shows ,the same thing can be applied to sport matches ,political campaigns,wars.... in a word ,thing that can be described as "Balkans,the gun powder barrel!"
BitterCOld - 07.06.2012 at 00:49
Disapproval is booing or jeering. that is acceptable.

rock throwing?

no wonder no one goes that. reading shit like that would make me think twice about ever playing a gig in Croatia were I in a "big" metal band. Or even Venice, lest Croats cross the border.

fuck that noise.
BoxCar Willy - 07.06.2012 at 00:53
Written by BitterCOld on 07.06.2012 at 00:49

Disapproval is booing or jeering. that is acceptable.

rock throwing?

fuck that noise.

I agree, I mean I really dislike megadave, but noone should have to face being stoned, while trying to play your music. I would have booed like there was no tomorrow if I was there, but I wouldn't throw rocks. I see that as a "This is why we can't have nice things" moment.
Array - 07.06.2012 at 00:58
Rock throwing. Sad and primitive.
nicaZe - 07.06.2012 at 01:02
Written by BoxCar Willy on 07.06.2012 at 00:53

Written by BitterCOld on 07.06.2012 at 00:49

Disapproval is booing or jeering. that is acceptable.

rock throwing?

fuck that noise.

What you all say in this few last posts I say in mine first...I don't care about Megadeth or even a Dave but I'm affraid,and I think that will be happen, that any big band will never come to Bosnia, Croatia or Serbia...This festival was one of the biggest attractions on Balkan in last few years and now you can nicely shit on it.
nicaZe - 07.06.2012 at 01:03
And people, can you imagine how I feel reading your comments.
ANGEL REAPER - 07.06.2012 at 01:25
Our newspapers(e-editions) say that Dave got his head hit by one of the the rocks ...
Legion - 07.06.2012 at 01:56
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 07.06.2012 at 01:25

which is a blatant lie...
0mn1v0r3 - 07.06.2012 at 02:09
I'm glad, fuck megadeth. So lame and Mustaine is one of the biggest douches in metal. Up there with Kvarforth and Lars Ulrich haha
Sync - 07.06.2012 at 02:12
Better than an episode of Corrie reading all of these comments.

Thanks MS for a nice chuckle.
ANGEL REAPER - 07.06.2012 at 02:25
Written by Legion on 07.06.2012 at 01:56

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 07.06.2012 at 01:25

which is a blatant lie...

which is as unconfirmed as much as your claim that is a lie as well
Legion - 07.06.2012 at 02:34
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 07.06.2012 at 02:25

Written by Legion on 07.06.2012 at 01:56

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 07.06.2012 at 01:25

which is a blatant lie...

which is as unconfirmed as much as your claim that is a lie as well

if you want the confirmation just ask anyone who was there
Vombatus - 07.06.2012 at 03:41
If WASP or DT had to cancel coz of them, I understand crowd's behaviour.

Otherwise, not really.

Don't even know what is true or not, so meh.
Carl Berg - 07.06.2012 at 03:51
Written by BoxCar Willy on 06.06.2012 at 21:26

W.A.S.P >>>>>>>>>>>> Megadeth.

Euh... talking about immature comments
BoxCar Willy - 07.06.2012 at 03:57
Written by Carl Berg on 07.06.2012 at 03:51

Written by BoxCar Willy on 06.06.2012 at 21:26

W.A.S.P >>>>>>>>>>>> Megadeth.

Euh... talking about immature comments

I enjoy W.A.S.P a lot more than Megadeth, what's the big deal?

Pages: [1] 2

News Omnium Gatherum - Guitarist Leaves The Band 4 17.08.2010 by Troy Killjoy
News Dream Evil - Update From The Band 4 11.12.2007 by Bararey
News Ahab - Update From The Band 4 01.02.2012 by InnerSelf
News The Stranded - New Band With Disarmonia Mundi Members Reveals Debut Album Details 4 20.04.2012 by Troy Killjoy
News The Eternal - Band Update 4 18.10.2009 by Black Conundrum