US stoner veterans Corrosion Of Conformity are the latest act confirmed for this year's Barge To Hell, the world's most extreme Metal Cruise, where everyone has a backstage pass and you can mingle side-by-side with the artists.

They will join the barge fun alongside the other confirmed bands: Behemoth, Sepultura, Moonspell, Hypocrisy, Paradise Lost, Enslaved, At The Gates, Sodom, Rotting Christ, Soilwork, Belphegor, Six Feet Under, Krisiun, Artillery, Possessed, Sacred Reich, Sanctuary, Holy Moses, Kampfar, Morgoth, Hackneyed, Loudblast, Sólstafir, Napalm Death and Municipal Waste.

Barge To Hell will sail Monday, December 3rd, from Miami, Florida, to Nassau, Bahamas, and will not return you to the real world for five days until Friday, December 7th.

Ticket prices start at US$666 plus US$289 taxes and fees per person and include all on-board entertainment, non-alcoholic and non-carbonated beverages, all meals at the dining rooms, most on-board restaurants and even 24 hour room service. Some cabin categories are already sold out, so get your tickets here. You can also get all the information and details at http://www.bargetohell.com.

Source: bargetohell.com
Event: Barge To Hell 2012

Posted: 09.06.2012 by BloodTears

Comments

psykometal - 10.06.2012 at 01:12
I remember when this Event was first announced months ago by the creators they said it was going to be a black and death metal version of 70,000 Tons of Metal. Now they're calling it an Extreme Metal Cruise...since when are bands like Corrosion Of Conformity, Moonspell, Paradise Lost, Sacred Reich, Sanctuary, and Holy Moses considered Extreme Metal?
Troy Killjoy - 10.06.2012 at 01:22
Written by psykometal on 10.06.2012 at 01:12

Since the organizers wanted more money from ticket sales, I suppose.
psykometal - 10.06.2012 at 02:39
Written by Troy Killjoy on 10.06.2012 at 01:22

Since the organizers wanted more money from ticket sales, I suppose.

Probably...money is King after all...
Cynic Metalhead - 10.06.2012 at 08:46
No news from Rotting Christ?

are they dead? or lost?
BitterCOld - 10.06.2012 at 09:09
Written by psykometal on 10.06.2012 at 02:39

Written by Troy Killjoy on 10.06.2012 at 01:22

Since the organizers wanted more money from ticket sales, I suppose.

Probably...money is King after all...

or they at least want to break even... it's not a matter of "king" as much as common sense.

the more "extreme" the metal, the less the fanbase.

this isn't a three day festival like in Europe, nor a touring one like Ozzfest... it's on a fucking boat and is expensive.

ultimately you need a variety of acts to appeal to enough of an audience (with significant spending cash in a down economy) to make this happen.

but in this day and age everyone whines about anything that costs fucking anything. "money is king" is code for "i should get all my shit for free".
psykometal - 10.06.2012 at 09:21
Written by BitterCOld on 10.06.2012 at 09:09

...

Why is that you only ever comment on my posts to attack my opinions and reach for what you think must be going through my head? Ya know, it is possible for me not to be bitching the way you seem to like to do a lot. And the statement "cash is king" is still very valid because if the creators weren't worried about the money aspect then they wouldn't add bands to the bill that weren't going to attract more people and [oh my god!] more money to pay for the cruise and earn them a profit (which exactly what you fortified with your own little rant about my statement). My statement was merely a statement, not me bitching about the cost of it. If I could afford to travel from TX to FL and pay for that cruise I would in a heartbeat and no I don't wish that the cruise was free, sure if it was free I would go but so would you if there are any bands there that you like; or if they were doing it for donations I would give as much as I could afford. I love how you only bothered to attack me but not Troy, whose statement was more accusatory than mine towards the creators...
Spirit Molecule - 10.06.2012 at 10:31
Written by BitterCOld on 10.06.2012 at 09:09

the more "extreme" the metal, the less the fanbase.

Hmmm every promoter/organiser is looking at making money at the end of a festival. Its just business at the end of it.

Also I think psyko was trying to say that the organisers called it the black/death version of 70,000 tons of metal, which it doesn't seem to be anymore. I get the whining bit actually. I could compare it to Gojira on tour with metallica. I would have loved to see Gojira on such a big stage, but I would have thought twice whether to shell out so much for a ticket as I'm not a fan of metallica. I guess psyko would have preferred to have extreme metal bands without any of the mainstream acts so that he wouldn't have to spend so much to watch just a few bands that he liked.
psykometal - 10.06.2012 at 17:42
Written by Spirit Molecule on 10.06.2012 at 10:31

Thank you.

Although I still maintain I wasn't whining , since I'm not going to the cruise it doesn't affect me at all what the organizers do. I was just merely commenting on how they advertised it as a black/death version of 70,000 ToM and now they have changed it to extreme metal version, even then it's not really an extreme version because there are bands like Sanctuary and Sacred Reich on the tour that are heavy/power metal (pointing out a fact, not whining ). Even if I was going there aren't bands on the bill, so far, that I don't dislike or that I hate so I would still go to the cruise and watch all these bands and have a good time because even though I'm not a fan of EVERY band on the bill I also don't have any issues with these bands; hell I love Sanctuary and would be ecstatic to see them (even on a tour like this). My original comment was merely a comment about how they changed the original idea of the cruise, with the way the line-up is looking and how they've changed it from black/death to extreme but are still adding heavy/power to the bill this cruise might as well be called something like 72,000 Tons of Metal (now that was a "whiny" comment about the cruise ). Troy was the one who made the discussion about money (and we all know Troy is not a cheapskate, so his comment was obviously in jest despite it's relevance) and I just simply made a comment behind him that is a stereotypical comment one might find after an "accusation" of greed.
Marcel Hubregtse - 10.06.2012 at 19:36
Since when are Sacred Reich heavy/power or even Sanctuary for that matter? Sacred Reich is pure thrash as are Holy Moses and Sanctuary thrash/us power, so both can be considered extreme, as for CorrosionOf Conformity the line up that is playing is more their hardcore/thrash line up than their stoner one and hardcore/thrash is way more extreme than 99% of the black metal bands
BitterCOld - 10.06.2012 at 19:58
Written by Spirit Molecule on 10.06.2012 at 10:31

the problem is the venue itself. there is a significant inherent cost there. the asking price for COC is not going to be a significant jump. it's the berthing on a cruise ship.
Spirit Molecule - 10.06.2012 at 21:30
Written by BitterCOld on 10.06.2012 at 19:58

Well I don't really know how it works in the states, but I'm guessing you do need to shell out for a festival ground as well. I actually don't even know how much tickets for this thing are. I mean, I figure it would be expensive, as firstly there are a shit load of bands and then there is also a limited number of tickets. So if the promoters don't want to go broke they need to charge enough for tickets.
psykometal - 10.06.2012 at 21:36
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 10.06.2012 at 19:36

The couple times I have listened to a Sacred Reich song it sounded more heavy metal to me than thrash (no I don't recall the songs, it's been some years) and Sanctuary has thrash elements but they sound more heavy/power to me....
Marcel Hubregtse - 10.06.2012 at 23:09
Written by psykometal on 10.06.2012 at 21:36

So Slayer also sounds like heavy metal to you?
psykometal - 11.06.2012 at 00:17
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 10.06.2012 at 23:09

So Slayer also sounds like heavy metal to you?

No. But if you're comparing Sacred Reich to Slayer then maybe I'm thinking of the wrong band...
Marcel Hubregtse - 11.06.2012 at 00:20
Written by psykometal on 11.06.2012 at 00:17

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 10.06.2012 at 23:09

So Slayer also sounds like heavy metal to you?

Check Ignorance by Sacred Reich and it is pure Slayer worship, hell, even the band agreed at the time and still agree to this day
BitterCOld - 11.06.2012 at 00:29
Written by Spirit Molecule on 10.06.2012 at 21:30

Written by BitterCOld on 10.06.2012 at 19:58

ticket prices are quoted in the article:

Ticket prices start at US$666 plus US$289 taxes and fees per person

some euro festivals apparently charge a bit for a plot to set up camp, others not.

but even still that is a far cry from a cabin on a cruise ship. the absolute cheapest 3 day Miami-Bahama i saw in a cursory search was $189 pre-tax. which explains why this thing starts at over $900. Granted that cash covers non-alcoholic drinks and (some/most) food, but still... that is NOT cheap. and that is before whatever travel needs to happen to get to Miami.

which is precisely why the organizers needed to look beyond just BM and DM acts... not terribly many people are in to "extreme" music, and less likely have a couple thousand dollars lying around for a gig. they could use some bands with name draw, and by casting a wider genre net, they offer a concert experience that might be attractive to a wider group of people.
BitterCOld - 11.06.2012 at 00:34
Written by psykometal on 10.06.2012 at 09:21

Written by BitterCOld on 10.06.2012 at 09:09

...

when was the last time i even quoted you?
psykometal - 11.06.2012 at 01:23
Written by BitterCOld on 11.06.2012 at 00:34

when was the last time i even quoted you?

Granted it's been a while (month or so) but every time you do quote me it's in some way negative and/or attacking and assumptive that you know how I operate. Unfortunately Notifications only last a week so I can't find some specific instances but I wouldn't have stated otherwise, I'm not in the habit of making ill-gotten accusations. But then you do that sort of thing to lots of Users so I'm not sure why I am surprised...
Troy Killjoy - 11.06.2012 at 06:17
Written by BitterCOld on 10.06.2012 at 09:09
the more "extreme" the metal, the less the fanbase.

That was pretty much what I meant in my post - I'm not going to kid myself and assume bands with less than 1,000 listeners on last.fm or 1,000 views on Youtube are going to bring in an audience in the thousands. But you lost me with this:

Quote:

I get that a lot of people want shit for free, but I'm not sure it relates to "money is king". As Lex pointed out, I think it's more about the promoters wanting to make money as opposed to simply wanting to put on a show that stuck to the initial plan. I'm not complaining about the change in direction, especially since promoters and bands losing money isn't good for anyone's sake, but it's just an observation that no matter how hard certain people try to stick to a certain image (we play metal because we like it, not because we want money and other such statements) they're nearly always swayed by profit.
BitterCOld - 11.06.2012 at 07:22
Or swayed by breaking even. odds are they have invested a lot in this. if just profit were the sole motive they most certainly wouldn't have opted to try to create an extreme metal fest on a cruise liner.

hell, if anyone were looking for money, metal would be way the fuck down the list.
Spirit Molecule - 11.06.2012 at 09:23
Written by BitterCOld on 11.06.2012 at 00:29

ticket prices are quoted in the article:

Ticket prices start at US$666 plus US$289 taxes and fees per person

Haha, I totally agree with you! I was just saying that promoters are always looking at making money, even in the metal world. Some promoters compared to others are at least in it for the love of music as well and not just profits. Which is why you have extreme metal fests. Anyway I think this is going in a totally different direction

News Barge To Hell 2012 - Mayhem Added To The Line-Up 9 30.07.2012 by LeChron James
News Barge To Hell 2012 - Lock Up And Nachtmystium Confirmed 6 04.11.2012 by chronic-headache
News Barge To Hell 2012 - Exodus, Havok And Three More Bands Announced 6 24.11.2012 by Rulatore
Articles Barge To Hell Cruise 2012 - Day Three: Shore Leave And Back To The Grind 6 21.12.2012 by Cynic Metalhead
News Corrosion Of Conformity - Enter The Studio In March 5.5 07.02.2011 by BitterCOld