US melodic tech-death metal masters Arsis have started recording their fifth full-length release. The album is being tracked at Audiohammer Studios in Florida with producer Mark Lewis (The Black Dahlia Murder, Whitechapel, Devildriver, Deicide, Six Feet Under). The follow-up to their 2010 release Starve For The Devil is tentatively scheduled for fall 2012 release via Nuclear Blast Records.

Founding guitarist and vocalist James Malone commented: "I am so pleased with the way this album is coming together. I know we all have put ourselves into this recording and I am sure this will be reflected in the end product. Noah and I did more pre-production for the album than any other Arsis recording. Now, I just have to remember all the parts I tracked for the demos."

Bassist Noah Martin added: "Shawn's in the thick of tracking drums right now. We lost a little bit of time because of a tropical storm but wasn't too detracting. The album art is in the works as well as attaining the rights for the bonus track. If all goes as planned we'll have an seriously-fucking-filthy album to show for the past few months of effort."

Shawn Priest continued: "Seven songs down, and four to go. The drums sound amazing raw, so I can't even imagine how they will sound after Mark impregnates them with his producer juice."

"Choking On Sand", a pre-produced demo song from the band's upcoming album, is still available for streaming here.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Arsis

Posted: 15.06.2012 by BloodTears

Comments

Troy Killjoy - 15.06.2012 at 15:51
The only thing these guys have been the masters of recently is producing watered down death metal. Just as bad as Kataklysm these days.
ImperialTroll - 15.06.2012 at 16:52
Hope it would be something close to "A Celebration of Guilt". Tho I highly doubt it Can't wait for it anyway
The Benighted - 15.06.2012 at 17:32
They've been recording this album for a while now. They had pre-production tracks out maybe three or four months ago.

Regardless, Starve For the Devil was an atrocious album, and this looks to be restoring some quality. What they've put out so far (Choking on Sand, Since the Shadows) have been fairly solid, so I have some faith that this will at least exceed their last effort. And it reminds me more of their earlier works, which is an absolutely great thing.
TrollandDie - 15.06.2012 at 18:24
For the love of fucking death metal someone stop them using bullshit ''plastic'' recording mixed in with incoherent technical wankery. Their debut album and EP are amazing but everything went down the shitter after that.

I really don't want these guys becoming the modern day Annihilator: a band after every release you hope it goes back to their glory days, only having disappointment to follow.
IchZerstörteSie - 15.06.2012 at 23:01
These guys are long over due for a new album. I can't wait to hear what they have in store for us
treptolemus - 16.06.2012 at 20:44
I like a lot A Celebration of Guilt. My hopes are definitely high.

Time shall tell people, anyway - let's wait 'n see..
Troy Killjoy - 16.06.2012 at 22:51
Written by treptolemus on 16.06.2012 at 20:44
I like a lot A Celebration of Guilt.

Everyone who likes Arsis likes that album. The problem is they haven't released anything nearly as good in years, and there's no reason to believe they'll return to form considering the slew of crap they've churned out over the past few years.
treptolemus - 18.06.2012 at 23:02
Written by Troy Killjoy on 16.06.2012 at 22:51

Written by treptolemus on 16.06.2012 at 20:44
I like a lot A Celebration of Guilt.

So, none of the rest of their albums is any good eh? I should check them sometime, i think. Maybe i'll find some tracks on them, who knows.

I will remain interested though. Until the release -in the meantime- hope i'll manage to check their entire material.
Troy Killjoy - 19.06.2012 at 00:29
Written by treptolemus on 18.06.2012 at 23:02
So, none of the rest of their albums is any good eh?

Well I personally quite enjoyed United in Regret and We Are the Nightmare, but they're still a big step down from their debut. And don't ask me what they were thinking with Starve for the Devil. That was just flat-out bad.
treptolemus - 22.06.2012 at 22:17
Written by Troy Killjoy on 19.06.2012 at 00:29

Well I personally quite enjoyed United in Regret and [i}We Are the Nightmare[/i], but they're still a big step down from their debut. And don't ask me what they were thinking with Starve for the Devil. That was just flat-out bad.

Alright. hmm you know what? now my curiosity just got bigger huh!

Fortunately my "albums to listen" list is quite... poor.
bloodwrage - 04.10.2012 at 05:13
Written by treptolemus on 22.06.2012 at 22:17

Written by Troy Killjoy on 19.06.2012 at 00:29

Alright. hmm you know what? now my curiosity just got bigger huh!

Fortunately my "albums to listen" list is quite... poor.

The song "A Diamond for Disease" (off the EP of the same name) is my favorite thing by them.
Megadeth88 - 10.11.2012 at 04:19
Written by Troy Killjoy on 15.06.2012 at 15:51

I've respected you for so long but to compare Arsis to Kataklysm is just ridiculous. Please give me your reasoning behind this...

News Psilocybe Larvae - Finish Recording New Album 6 22.12.2011 by Troy Killjoy
News Alestorm - Start Recording New Album 5.5 03.02.2014 by Ellrohir
News Gojira - Begin Recording New Album Next Month 5.5 03.10.2011 by Unhealer
News Darkest Hour - In The Studio Recording New Album 5.5 12.09.2013 by Ace Frawley
News Metsatöll - Begin Recording New Album 5.5 29.07.2009 by Kurimus