Finns Children Of Bodom have inked a worldwide recording deal (excluding Japan) with Nuclear Blast Records. The band who kicked off a year long celebration of its 15th anniversary with a successful North American tour alongside label mates Eluveitie, has a new studio album planned for release in 2013.

Frontman/guitarist Alexi "Wildchild" Laiho had this to say about it: "We had a good, productive and long run with Spinefarm Records for fifteen years and now it's simply just time for a change. I'm absolutely stoked to start the new chapter of COB's career with Nuclear Blast and look forward to working with them."

Bassist Henkka T. Blacksmith added: "Personally, I am so excited to get to work with Nuclear Blast again. We have such good memories from the beginning of our career with them. We know the people already and we know how committed they are in doing metal!"

Nuclear Blast Europe A&R rep Jaap Wagemaker shares: "15 years ago we were introduced to a very young band from Finland who blew us away with their track 'Deadnight Warrior' from their debut album Something Wild - and their music was indeed something wild! Fast-tapping guitar work combined with incredible keyboards and angry vocals... it was the start of the career of Children Of Bodom. Nuclear Blast released their first three albums outside of Finland: Something Wild, Hatebreeder, and Follow The Reaper, albums that became classics in the history of metal. Unfortunately, after the third album, we went separate ways but we have always been following them and stayed in contact. Children Of Bodom became a very big band worldwide and now the time has come to welcome them back home! We at Nuclear Blast are very happy to see Children Of Bodom rejoining the Nuclear family and are looking forward to working their next albums. You can be sure that 'something wild' will come your way!"

Source: cobhc.com
Band profile: Children Of Bodom

Posted: 22.06.2012 by Abattoir

Comments

Stabby - 22.06.2012 at 20:18
Maybe they'll sound like they did when they were with NB the first time! That's wishful thinking, I know, but one can always dream.
Lit. - 22.06.2012 at 20:26
Nuclear Blast have been releasing an impressive string of bands lately. Who knows? Maybe CoB will be one of them again.
AngelofDeth - 22.06.2012 at 21:25
Hahah gotta admit the whole Nuclear blast thing made the fanboy hope jump out from me too, but realistically i dont think a label change will make them music change, considering how big they are already.
Rulatore - 22.06.2012 at 23:06
Hopefully there will be some orchestras
errorcode99 - 23.06.2012 at 00:42
...hope!!!!!
Opethian - 23.06.2012 at 08:29
I want to say 'I dont give a Shit', but ..... yeah I dont give a Shit
Maelgron - 23.06.2012 at 14:18
Written by Stabby on 22.06.2012 at 20:18

haha, I was about to make the exact same comment. To dream is free!
Cynic Metalhead - 23.06.2012 at 14:54
Written by Maelgron on 23.06.2012 at 14:18

Written by Stabby on 22.06.2012 at 20:18

To dream is free!

Baby, i'll be in your dream next time. :*
psykometal - 24.06.2012 at 01:23
They won't go back to the first 3 albums style, Alexi has already stated in a couple interviews that that era of CoB is over and he has no desire to go back to writing that technical and complex style anymore...

Unfortunately the original CoB Followed The Reaper Into The Shadows and to their Downfall...
Amatsu Mikaboshi - 24.06.2012 at 03:21
I wonder how they left Nuclear Blast in the first place????
M C Vice - 24.06.2012 at 06:18
Written by Amatsu Mikaboshi on 24.06.2012 at 03:21

I wonder how they left Nuclear Blast in the first place????

Obvious answer, $$$$$$$$$
psykometal - 24.06.2012 at 07:19
Written by M C Vice on 24.06.2012 at 06:18

Obvious answer, $$$$$$$$$

Idk about that man, I mean I don't know for sure obviously but Nuclear Blast is way bigger than Spinefarm so I wouldn't imagine that Spinefarm could've/would've afforded to outpay Nuclear Blast; but I could be wrong...
M C Vice - 24.06.2012 at 07:26
Written by psykometal on 24.06.2012 at 07:19

Written by M C Vice on 24.06.2012 at 06:18

Obvious answer, $$$$$$$$$

Just a guess, really. The only reasons I can think of for changing lables is either more money, more exposure/better distribution or less label interference/more artistic freedom.
Or some more ridiculous claims, like Laiho inpregnating the NB boss's daughter.
psykometal - 24.06.2012 at 07:35
Written by M C Vice on 24.06.2012 at 07:26

Or some more ridiculous claims, like Laiho inpregnating the NB boss's daughter.

Oh I figured as much, I wasn't trying to call you out just commenting alongside you.

I myself am a little more inclined to think it was probably less label interference from Spinefarm since Alexi wanted to change CoB's sound so drastically I could imagine Nuclear Blast might not have been so kosher with that (speculating). However now I would imagine the label change is probably fueled by the promise of higher profits on the part of both parties now that Nuclear Blast has seen that the change has made CoB way more popular and famous they probably want them back and are willing to offer them bigger paychecks to come back "home"...
J:oKeR - 24.06.2012 at 21:37
The truth is they can't make nothing even close to Follow The Reaper, no metter what label they sign for...only writing songs for money now, they blew their music...even their cover songs are not thet good anymore...but still hope they sober up and do a little better than last few albums, a little more closer to what they are recognised for...
psykometal - 25.06.2012 at 06:40
Written by J:oKeR on 24.06.2012 at 21:37

If by "what they are recognized for" you mean the neoclassical technicality then no, Alexi has already stated they CoB will not write in that style anymore; so basically he will alwyas only write simple "money" riffs from now on...
J:oKeR - 25.06.2012 at 10:09
Written by psykometal on 25.06.2012 at 06:40

Written by J:oKeR on 24.06.2012 at 21:37

Alexi became one big alcoholic motherfucker! What, he's tired of playing more tehnical riffs....way to go Alexi better simle it up than to try a little harder!!!
Zaphod - 25.06.2012 at 16:07
I saw them yesterday and they really kicked ass. There was only one song for each shitty album. I know they won't return to their early style, but maybe they'll at least write something better next time...
EDIT: Never mind, I'm actually pretty sure they'll keep sucking.

News Blackguard - Sign With Nuclear Blast 7 17.01.2009 by Demonic Tutor
News Enslaved - Sign With Nuclear Blast 7 26.04.2012 by .Nick
News Fear Factory - Sign With Nuclear Blast, New Album In 2015 7 13.09.2014 by !J.O.O.E.!
News Immolation - Sign With Nuclear Blast 7 26.06.2009 by Hamird
News Keep Of Kalessin - Sign With Nuclear Blast 7 14.03.2008 by White Winter Sun