After going on hiatus ever since 2009, US industrial metallers Static-X will be back on the road this summer on their Noise Revolution Tour. The band will embark on dates beginning on July 15th at the Ink Life Tattoo Convention at the El Paso Coliseum.

Wayne Static commented on the upcoming tour: "I had a great time over the past few years doing my Pighammer album and solo tours, but it's time to get Static-X back on the road. I can't wait to tear it up with some old school Evil Disco!"

The tour will be the first since they announced a hiatus in 2009. Original bassist Tony Campos will not be joining the band on this tour but says: "I'm proud of my years with Static-X, and want to see the name of the band stay alive and well. I hope that all of our fans will continue to support both Wayne and I in our individual endeavors."

This first leg will feature Davey Suicide and 9 Electric as special guests, and that is just the beginning of a long string of dates. Expect more announcements soon for additional shows.

Tour dates announced so far:

July 15 - El Paso, TX - El Paso County Coliseum
July 30 - Norfolk, VA - Norva

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Static-X

Posted: 29.06.2012 by BloodTears

Comments

Xytraguptor - 29.06.2012 at 23:01
Hopefully a new album as well. Cult of Static was a little weak compared to their old albums.
Boxcar Willy - 30.06.2012 at 06:15
I actually love Static-X, hopefully a decent album will come out of this, like stated above ^^
Olli - 30.06.2012 at 17:06
Meh these guys haven't released anythig worthwhile in years, wouldn't mind seeing them live though looks like fun ^.^
psykometal - 01.07.2012 at 08:58
Written by Olli on 30.06.2012 at 17:06

Agreed, last great album they released was Machine and the last good album they released was Shadow Zone, everything since has been non-sense.

If Tony isn't interested in returning to the band anymore then I'd say that's a bad sign because he has always been a bad ass and a good bassist and I can only assume he doesn't want to come back to Static-X because he feels the other bands he's playing with are better and more interesting to write and play with than what Wayne is up to these days...
thiazzi - 05.07.2012 at 17:07
Written by psykometal on 01.07.2012 at 08:58

a good bassist

As much as I like Static-X, a trained dog could play the bass for them. Their bass riffs are incredibly stripped-down and simple.

News Metallica - New Shows Added To 2012 Summer Tour, Oscar-Nominated Director To Direct Upcoming Music V 5.5 26.11.2011 by Metal_4Ever
News Deathstars - Ex-Cradle Of Filth Drummer To Tour With Band 5.5 05.01.2008 by Warman
News Tristania - Violinist To Tour With Band 5.5 25.09.2010 by mikeprado30
News Unearth - Announce 2012 Tour With Heaven Shall Burn 5.5 28.12.2011 by Super_Greg
News Anthrax - Kick Off 2012 With Co-Headlining US Tour With Testament 5.5 11.12.2011 by Lit.