Wintersun have posted the first studio trailer for their upcoming "epic" Time I online.

Jari Mäenpää says: "Here's the first short trailer of Time I. A part of the "Sons of Winter and Stars" orchestration effects. Enjoy! More to come, so stay tuned!"

View the clip below.

Band profile: Wintersun

Posted: 04.07.2012 by Baz Anderson

Comments

BoxCar Willy - 04.07.2012 at 17:08

never before has there ever been a more appropriate time to use this.
jsoft - 04.07.2012 at 17:10
Sounds so fucking good.
Sync - 04.07.2012 at 17:10
Well, atleast it's not fully-blown cheese, wasn't expecting this though.
malaikat - 04.07.2012 at 17:11
This cannot be real. Je refuse to believe!
Troy Killjoy - 04.07.2012 at 17:15
20 seconds of random orchestration? This is hardly even a teaser, let alone a trailer.
Alex Fenger - 04.07.2012 at 17:36
Jari... you are a jerk
Carl Berg - 04.07.2012 at 17:44
L O L
Dark Blood - 04.07.2012 at 18:07
I'll just pretend that this never happened. Lol
ImperialTroll - 04.07.2012 at 18:09
Yay.
YoreLore - 04.07.2012 at 18:11
No need with how much this thing is dragging out. Its only Wintersun.
Uldreth - 04.07.2012 at 18:12
He is even doing the trollface during the vid.
Introspekrieg - 04.07.2012 at 19:11
That song at the beginning and end sounds awesome! Definitely gonna be a good ablum!
opeth771 - 04.07.2012 at 19:23
Jari is a troll now... Nice...
BaneConall - 04.07.2012 at 19:44
I saw Wintersun and Trailer in a sentence together and almost jizzed my pants, only to be sadly dissapointed. WTF was that? They could have at least played something real from the album, even a short 10 second clip would do.
Icy - 04.07.2012 at 19:48
Written by Introspekrieg on 04.07.2012 at 19:11

You do know that it's Winter Madness from the first album?
Troy Killjoy - 04.07.2012 at 19:56
Written by Icy on 04.07.2012 at 19:48
You do know that it's Winter Madness from the first album?

You do know he's joking, right?
strade - 04.07.2012 at 21:03
"Trolling" doesn't even begin to describe this.
Wes - 04.07.2012 at 21:06
Written by Introspekrieg on 04.07.2012 at 19:11

And, I'm pretty sure that's just how Jari smiles, most of the time. Hahaha
Valaskjalf - 04.07.2012 at 21:10
Well that was useless....half of the thing is "Winter madness" and the rest of some orchetration. Tells me fuckall about the album.
FeskarN - 04.07.2012 at 21:16
Such a weird trailer haha. This wasn't much to listen to but this was just some layers of a song so it will be totally new with all layers on.
bran - 04.07.2012 at 22:28
Yeah weird trailer but i just cannot wait for these albums, its jari of course its going to be killer
Warman - 04.07.2012 at 22:40
Great, they gave us "Winter Madness".
AberrantBeing - 04.07.2012 at 22:56
That is one of the lamest trailers I have ever heard.
swatata - 05.07.2012 at 00:24
Jari is the biggest troll there is... Anyway,its nice that there is something like a teaser,its better than nothing
Malaghost - 05.07.2012 at 00:47
Lit. - 05.07.2012 at 01:26
I'm starting to like this guy... even though I hate his music.
Zaphod - 05.07.2012 at 01:32
Written by BoxCar Willy on 04.07.2012 at 17:08

never before has there ever been a more appropriate time to use this.
Awesomesaurus - 05.07.2012 at 02:12
Scumbag trailer.
Loathera - 05.07.2012 at 02:32
Even Jari knew he was trolling, check out that smile. You tell me he didn't know he was trollin.
BoxCar Willy - 05.07.2012 at 03:35
Written by Warman on 04.07.2012 at 22:40

Great, they gave us "Winter Madness".

When that came on I was like, "So they ripped off their own music?"

Stabby - 05.07.2012 at 05:00
Trolling isn't just for Finntroll
Windir - 05.07.2012 at 05:09
Not funny at all I already have that stuff Jari, 8 years and counting...
Mattybu - 05.07.2012 at 07:22
Long have Wintersun fans awaited the arrival of the band's 2nd studio album, "Time I". It's safe to say that Wintersun's fanbase has been patiently waiting the arrival of the new album and have no problems with consistent delay in the album's production, seeing as more time spent on the album should equate to higher quality.

Based on this clip, Wintersun delivered.

You see in any fan's mind, there is doubt. There is a certain feeling of responsibility given to the band - now that the metal community has supported the legendary self titled debut, Wintersun owes it to their loyal following to deliver the goods on Time I. This clip wipes all doubt from the fan's mind, we are first treated to an incredible picture of the band taken in very high definition. Proof that when they prepare an album trailer, they put effort into it. They want their fans to feel as close as possible to being in the band. And hey - it worked for me!

What we are given next is nothing short of phenomenal. A candid look at album production, and a short but very worthwhile taste of the kind of grandeur and musical prowess we can expect from this album. This revolutionary approach to an album preview not only brings the viewer at home closer to the studio than ever before, but provides them with a brief taste of the magic and excitement we can expect from Time I. The fact that this amazing studio look in coincides with the announcement of Wintersun releasing not one but TWO albums in the Time saga (these two being of course Time I and Time II) is a testament to the fan service this band wants to provide. While awaiting these masterpieces any Wintersun fan can feel like they are part of the recording process, feel the musical power flowing through their veins. Never before has it been more enjoyable to await the release of an album.

Of course, this fan service is not without it's downside. The average listener may be overwhelmed with the amount of pure content Wintersun is throwing at us. Are we worthy of Time I? Are we worthy of enjoying this wait so much? Probably not. But such is the magic of Wintersun, they continue to give pleasant surprise after pleasant surprise to fans who quite frankly, are already being given a lot.

Bravo Wintersun. Keep up the spectacular work.
AngelofDeth - 05.07.2012 at 09:05
Written by opeth771 on 04.07.2012 at 19:23

Jari is a troll now... Nice...

You just figured that out???
AngelofDeth - 05.07.2012 at 09:07
Written by Mattybu on 05.07.2012 at 07:22

Based on this clip, Wintersun delivered.

Bravo Wintersun. Keep up the spectacular work.

Fucking Comment of the Year! hahahaha this is like a lord of the rings pre-battle speech. Rivals even the infamous Opeth review...http://metalstorm.net/pub/review.php?review_id=24
Mattybu - 05.07.2012 at 09:16
Even Opeth never produced anything nearly as... Immense as this trailer.
mz - 05.07.2012 at 21:15
Written by Mattybu on 05.07.2012 at 07:22

...legendary self titled debut...

kidding???
Lit. - 05.07.2012 at 21:44
Written by Mattybu on 05.07.2012 at 07:22

*LOTR pre-battle speech*

Do I detect a note of sarcasm?
Mattybu - 05.07.2012 at 21:47
Written by Lit. on 05.07.2012 at 21:44

Written by Mattybu on 05.07.2012 at 07:22

*LOTR pre-battle speech*

Do I detect a note of sarcasm?

Pazdzioch - 06.07.2012 at 03:34
I don't care about this new flucking amazing (judging from this trailer) album by the most overrated band here.
Dentura - 07.07.2012 at 03:54
I heard many of the songs are going to be ten minute epics. Maybe the orchestration is going to be part of one of those epics! We just have to wait and see, it should be awesome!
Grody2themax - 10.07.2012 at 08:22
My predictions for this album:

Its either going to be almost as dissapointing as The X Factor, or its going to be a monument in extreme metal. There is a twist though. No matter how objectively good or bad it is, it will go down as both.

(semi srs)

But really I think I'm gonna really like this album or be pretty bored by it. The first one was a work of art and if they make a progression from the first one I'd be really happy. Right now I'm actually laughing at how long this album has been in the works. Since 2005 I think. Hahahahahaha. I think I remember following this band in like 2007 too. Nearly a decade of "working" on this album hahahahahhahaha
BudDa - 11.07.2012 at 13:15
LOL. Trailer??
I don't care. Seriously. I DON'T CARE!

News Wintersun - Release Second Part Of Studio Trailer 9 11.07.2012 by FreddeSwede
News Nightwish - New Album First Trailer Released 5.5 09.07.2014 by Dima