Bay area thrash legends Forbidden sadly had to cancel their performance at this year's Wacken Open Air festival. Long time bass player Matt Camacho has left the band and vocalist Russ Anderson decided to take a break from music business, forcing Forbidden to cancel their appearance.

Here is the official statement from the band: "I am extremely saddened to have to announce that our bassist and brother since 1986, Matt Camacho, has decided to retire from the music business and leave Forbidden permanently. For those that know and love Matt, this may be a shock to you. Matt's always been gung-ho for the band since the beginning and was a positive guy. But ever since he went to law school after Forbidden split up the first time, he was on a career path that would eventually take him to this day. His job position keeps getting better and taking care of our families is the most important thing."

Matt had this to say about his experience of being in Forbidden: "Playing in Forbidden has been a dream come true for me. It has allowed me to tour the world, play with and meet some of the most amazing bands, make friends for life, perform some phenomenal shows, and, most important, experience the most amazing FANS... I'll truly miss the inspiration and love that people from around the world have shown towards the MUSIC. As I leave for a new endeavor, I want to express my thanks and gratitude for all the incredible musicians both past and present who have graced their magical touch on Forbidden's music. To be a part of this band and to have these guys as friends and family for life is a true blessing. Thanks guys for the support and I look forward to seeing Forbidden carry on for years to come."

Commented guitarist Craig Locicero: "With that being said, Russ Anderson has made the decision to take a break away from music to get his bearings back and rekindle his fire for Forbidden. Russ is not quitting, but has decided that he needs to do this for himself. We support him and his decision to not fake his way through what needs to be real. I had always said since we reformed in 2008, that as soon as things become tedious or a grind we'd either stop doing this or take a break. But we'd never say never again! Forbidden is not through yet. Russ simply needs to recharge his Thrash Metal batteries!"

"So then there is the unfortunate reality that under these circumstances Forbidden will not be appearing at WOA this year. This breaks my heart as much as anything else! Steve, Sasha and myself were very much looking forward to playing in front of that crowd and we had been holding out hope for Russ to change his mind. But he feels strongly that he just can't do it right now. So we must respect his wishes and let him have his space."

"We'd like to apologize to our fans, Continental Concerts, the WOA organizers and everyone at Nuclear Blast Europe. You've all stood by us for so long and we understand how bad the fans in Europe want to see Forbidden again. But you deserve to see Forbidden at it's best. Not under these circumstances. This is our promise to you, we'll come back with stronger and with new material! We've already got half of the new record written and we'll finish it up when Russ feels good enough to Thrash it up again! Thanks to you all from the bottom of our hearts."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Forbidden

Posted: 06.07.2012 by BudDa

Comments

Void Eater - 06.07.2012 at 12:55
Hurry up with that new album! I was hoping for one in late 2012, but sadly that won't be.
jupitreas - 06.07.2012 at 13:38
So unprofessional... If the guy wanted to quit the band, he should have waited for the tour to end. Why are so many metal bands so unprofessional?
TrollandDie - 06.07.2012 at 15:45
Written by jupitreas on 06.07.2012 at 13:38

I can comprehend his decision if it was just a normal upcoming tour. But Wacken? Really?

This could possibly be the highlight of their careers if they decided to go ahead with it. I know he might not feel the ''passion'' at the moment, but if the world's largest metal festival (I think) won't get your spirits up what will?
Syk - 06.07.2012 at 17:15
Written by TrollandDie on 06.07.2012 at 15:45

Yeah, but if he's not feeling it, consider the consequences of fucking up on the grandest of stages. The band could lose all credit *thinks of any number of veteran metal acts from NA*... just look at Queensrÿche's antics and reception of late. Forb's among the bands I respect the most, not least of all thanks to this sort of honesty and appreciation for their fans. Always striving to Deliver the Goods in top shape

...of course they might be just trying to boost their ticket sales for when they DO get to Europe, and you can disregard one or two albums from the late '90s, but... what I said earlier still stands
Mattybu - 06.07.2012 at 21:56
Written by jupitreas on 06.07.2012 at 13:38

Maybe he just needed to leave ASAP, because he wanted to use some of his law experience in the Randy Blythe case

News Sodom - Cancel Performance At India's Bangalore Open Air 7 06.07.2013 by Kuroboshi
News Manowar - Cancel Performance At Legacy Open Air In Germany 7 13.03.2014 by Pitwulf93
News Machine Head - To Headline Wacken Open Air 2012 5.5 26.09.2011 by Dinesen
News Wacken Open Air - Sold Out For The Ninth Time In A Row 5.5 07.08.2013 by corrupt
News Cradle Of Filth - Cancel Wacken Performance Due To Injury 5.5 22.07.2011 by Bad English