A Shadowplay For Yesterdays, the new album from British black metallers A Forest Of Stars sees its release today, July 20th, via Lupus Lounge/ Prophecy Productions. The band together with their record label have offered up the entire album for streaming online. You can check it out at this location.

In case you missed it, the band's new video "Gatherer Of The Pure" is still playing here.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: A Forest Of Stars

Posted: 20.07.2012 by BudDa

Comments

Lokaeda - 20.07.2012 at 11:42
The cover art is totally awesome, gonna check the music
!J.O.O.E.! - 20.07.2012 at 14:42
Great album, no doubt. Much easier to get a grips on right away than the past two.
Mr. Doctor - 20.07.2012 at 14:54
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 20.07.2012 at 14:42

So is it more accessible or what? I didn't have any problem with the other two, loved them from the beginning (I like the debut more though).
!J.O.O.E.! - 20.07.2012 at 14:56
Written by Mr. Doctor on 20.07.2012 at 14:54

If there's a word that means accessible but doesn't have all the negative connotations that come with it then it's that =P Can't really explain it, it's not quite as dark, and a bit folky here and there, but it's most definitely A Forest of Stars at work. I can't really see anyone being disappointed with it.
Mr. Doctor - 20.07.2012 at 14:58
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 20.07.2012 at 14:56

Folky! That's a good word imo... Remember some folky parts on the debut that I really loved (specially the very beginning of the album). Their second album felt a bit more complex to me so that album might have been a bit harder to get into but great nevertheless. So yeah... Excited about it. Will give it a listen at night maybe.
Unhealer - 20.07.2012 at 19:55
Currently streaming it, this is damn awesome. I might re-try their older works, I agree with J.O.O.E in that they weren't easy to incorporate.
InnerSelf - 21.07.2012 at 00:30
I like how AFoS surprise me every time even though their basically using the same formula, I found the album a bit lighter than the previous two and not as dense as the sophomore but still damn good.
M C Vice - 21.07.2012 at 13:16
As good as A Corpse Of Rebirth. Mr Curse's voice has improved from the last one.
Darkside Momo - 21.07.2012 at 15:22
Impressive, as always.
Oaken - 31.07.2012 at 00:42
Any lyrics yet?

News Whiplash - Entire New Album Available For Streaming 10 26.08.2009 by Xnoybis
News Sonic Syndicate - Entire New Album Available For Streaming 10 21.08.2010 by
News Voivod - Entire New Album Available For Streaming 10 28.06.2009 by Elio
News Periphery - Entire New Album Available For Streaming, Announce Full-Time Bassist 10 28.06.2012 by snake? snaaaake!
News Amorphis - Entire New Album Now Available For Streaming 10 20.05.2009 by Janne