It has been revealed that British doom heroes My Dying Bride will entitle their forthcoming opus A Map Of All Our Failures. It will be released on October 15th in Europe and October 16th in the USA via Peaceville Records on CD, double vinyl and special edition CD/DVD. The album recording and mixing was recently completed at Futureworks Studios in Manchester, UK, with production maestro Mags at the helm.

The album is described this way: "A Map Of All Our Failures is a further voyage into the darkest depths of humanity, religion, folklore, love & death. My Dying Bride's distinctively sumptuous dual guitar melodies effortlessly flood into juggernaut doom metal riffs, with the vocals of Aaron Stainthorpe weaving a rich tapestry of tragic tales into the accompanying soundscapes. A Map Of All Our Failures is perhaps best & most effectively summarised by guitarist Andrew Craighan, who describes the album as 'a controlled demolition of all your hopes'."

A Map Of All Our Failures tracklist:

01. Kneel Till Doomsday
02. The Poorest Waltz
03. A Tapestry Scorned
04. Like A Perpetual Funeral
05. A Map Of All Our Failures
06. Hail Odysseus
07. Within The Presence Of Absence
08. Abandoned As Christ

In other news, the band will also be embarking on a European tour in December in support of the album, as well as a local appearance at the UK's Damnation Festival in November, at which Peaceville will be a sponsor to coincide with the label's 25th anniversary.

Tour dates:

Nov. 3rd 2012 - Damnation Festival, Leeds, UK
Dec. 7th 2012 - 02 Academy Islington, London, UK
Dec. 8th 2012 - Nouveau Casino, Paris, FRA
Dec. 9th 2012 - Rockfabrik, Ludwigsburg, GER
Dec. 11th 2012 - Viper Club, Florence, ITA
Dec. 12th 2012 - Magazzini Generali, Milan, ITA
Dec. 13th 2012 - Z7, Pratteln, SUI
Dec. 14th 2012 - Batschkapp, Frankfurt, GER
Dec. 15th 2012 - Eindhoven Metal Meeting Effenaar, Eindhoven, NED

[Also thanks to Abattoir for sending in this news!]

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: My Dying Bride

Posted: 27.07.2012 by Khalil-Mikael

Comments

SSM - 27.07.2012 at 14:26
Sounds interesting. I actually like the artwork.
BudDa - 27.07.2012 at 14:46
Where do I pre-order!
Troy Killjoy - 27.07.2012 at 15:35
Alright, sounds like a return to their gothic doom style. No more of their weak attempt at neoclassical darkwave.
annodomini - 27.07.2012 at 15:53
Written by Troy Killjoy on 27.07.2012 at 15:35

You mean Evinta? If yes then it was just a greatest hits compilation in some new way. So it can't count as a real album. Which, I Actually adored.
Array - 27.07.2012 at 15:59
'Greatest hits' is a strong pair of words meaning no changes to the tracks.
InnerSelf - 27.07.2012 at 16:10
Hopefully it'll follow the formula of the latest EP, we don't need a second For Lies I Sire
Troy Killjoy - 27.07.2012 at 16:24
Written by annodomini on 27.07.2012 at 15:53
So it can't count as a real album.

If it's not a real album, then what is it?
Enemy of Reality - 27.07.2012 at 16:34
The title sounds a bit lame but who gives a damn?? it's my fav band of all time! can't wait!
Array - 27.07.2012 at 16:51
Written by InnerSelf on 27.07.2012 at 16:10

I (think I) know what you mean, but I myself see For Lies I Sire as the first formulized My Dying Bride release, so I don't crave for formulas that much.
InnerSelf - 27.07.2012 at 17:00
Written by Array on 27.07.2012 at 16:51

Written by InnerSelf on 27.07.2012 at 16:10

For Lies I Sire while being lame it had some variation going on in it, what I meant was that I was hoping for them to go back to their harsher sound and tune down the whine factor
annodomini - 27.07.2012 at 18:34
Written by Troy Killjoy on 27.07.2012 at 16:24

Written by annodomini on 27.07.2012 at 15:53
So it can't count as a real album.

If it's not a real album, then what is it?

A complilation! It's the old song rearanged in new way, so it can't be judged as a normal studio album, that they wrote originaly. And also the last ep showed, that it was only experiment.
Troy Killjoy - 27.07.2012 at 18:57
Written by annodomini on 27.07.2012 at 18:34

I could care less whether or not it's a compilation of reworked songs or an EP or whatever... I judge it based on what it sounds like, and to me that release sounded like shit. All I want is for them to abandon that style (which they're apparently doing according to this news update).
InnerSelf - 27.07.2012 at 19:17
Written by Troy Killjoy on 27.07.2012 at 18:57

Written by annodomini on 27.07.2012 at 18:34

They did not adopt it at the first place, it was just an "experimental break", not a change of direction
Troy Killjoy - 27.07.2012 at 19:20
Written by InnerSelf on 27.07.2012 at 19:17

Man, people are really jumping at that post. I never said they suddenly changed into a different band or something, just that I'm glad they're done with the Evinta-style sound. I can still have an opinion about the release - just because it's an experimental break doesn't mean it's safe from criticism (see: Lulu).
InnerSelf - 27.07.2012 at 19:28
Written by Troy Killjoy on 27.07.2012 at 19:20

Written by InnerSelf on 27.07.2012 at 19:17

I don't like Evinta that much, and I'm not defending it. Apparently I didn't understand your post.
Array - 27.07.2012 at 19:34
The band said Evinta was "a project almost 15 years in the making".
Marcel Hubregtse - 27.07.2012 at 19:37
Written by Array on 27.07.2012 at 19:34

The band said Evinta was "a project almost 15 years in the making".

and then they managed such a piece of crap? Wow, even Guns And Roses didn't manage anything that bad after more than 13 years
Array - 27.07.2012 at 19:40
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 27.07.2012 at 19:37

Before I heard it I was a bit excited about it. Not only because they force-fed those sort of lies (they sire) it being a long project, but because the artwork reminded me of the very old days.
PROPHETOFDOOM13 - 27.07.2012 at 20:16
CAN'T WAIT NEW M.D.B. NOW IF WE JUST CONVINCE THEM TO COME BACK ACROSS THE BIG POND I'D BE HAPPY,LUCKILY I WAS HONORED AND PRIVILEGED TO HAVE SEEN AND MET THE BAND @JAXX IN 1997 --------- RED:devil::banger:
Array - 27.07.2012 at 20:20
Written by PROPHETOFDOOM13 on 27.07.2012 at 20:16

post

Less big letters in the future, thank you.
Ankläger - 27.07.2012 at 22:15
I hope this picks up where Barghest left off... 'twould probably be album of the year.
Mr. Doctor - 28.07.2012 at 20:59
The Barghest O' Whitby was pretty damn good... by far the best thing they have done since Songs of Darkness. Really hoping this will mean some sort of return to their past greatness.
treptolemus - 28.07.2012 at 21:21
Good news. I'll check it for sure.

However, i think those who expect the "cherised" old style of MDB won't be satisfied. Their 2 more recent album releases have shown signs of progression. I personally, describe it in that way-direction .

Well, this is absolutely fine by me but hardcore Doom fans are somehow disturbed. I think the band is more mature now, that's all.
Marcel Hubregtse - 29.07.2012 at 00:42
Written by treptolemus on 28.07.2012 at 21:21

Good news. I'll check it for sure.

Progression? It was so bad in comparison to anything before that regression as a word does't even cover it.
treptolemus - 29.07.2012 at 14:47
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 29.07.2012 at 00:42

Written by treptolemus on 28.07.2012 at 21:21

Good news. I'll check it for sure.

Surely most fans have a lower level of appreciation for ALODK and FLIS. I consider both albums a more modern approach, and i think they introduced the band to a wider audience. And it is more likely in my opinion, if someone likes these albums, he will adore their earliest ones. Especially for those who have no doom metal xp. MDB have nothing to prove imo and if they want to do it in that way, that's fine.

I'm no doom metal connoisseur, Marcel -in fact you are - but i wish their upcoming effort, will be an interesting album.
Opethian - 09.08.2012 at 02:40
Sounds Greeaaat! The album art looks .... Weak

News My Dying Bride - New Album Details Revealed 10.5 17.11.2008 by -DC-002-
News My Dying Bride - New Album Title/Track Listing Revealed 9 19.08.2006 by Talvi
News Year Of No Light - Reveal New Album Details And New Song 7 24.09.2013 by Lit.
News HammerFall - Reveal New Album Details 7 26.05.2014 by The Shape 1973
News Rumpelstiltskin Grinder - Reveal New Album Details 7 24.04.2012 by BoxCar Willy