"Poor Little Baroness", the brand-new lyric video from Italian power folk metal band Elvenking is now available for streaming below.

"Poor Little Baroness" is off the band's new upcoming album Era, scheduled for release on September 14th in Europe via AFM Records. More album details were previously reported here.

Era Tracklist:

Band profile: Elvenking

Posted: 01.08.2012 by BudDa

Comments

Yugosaki - 01.08.2012 at 20:36
Not good
Stabby - 01.08.2012 at 21:55
Pros:

Not wearing emo clothes...
Nice folk melodies
Artwork is good as usual

Cons:

Chorus sounds forced, like Elvenking on autopilot
It's not all that epic (cheesy EK is okay but it needs to be more epic if it's going to be cheesy)

Neutral:

Damna's belting voice sounds more raspy. He sounds like he's in pain. I wonder if that's a unique thematic performance or that's what his voice is going to sound like throughout the album. If the former, then that's nice, if the latter then that's not good.

This song is kind of meh. But if you'll recall for their last two albums with singles, the singles were a bit worrying but they weren't a reflection of the whole album.
Ernis - 01.08.2012 at 22:31
Written by Stabby on 01.08.2012 at 21:55

Pros:

Not wearing emo clothes...

But Damna's still using the eye-liner...

The folk melodies are nice indeed but this song still sounds like a filler for my ears. I've completely missed their previous work. Scythe wasn't good but the acoustic album was wonderful. I hope the new one is going to be a pleasant surprise as well.
Stabby - 02.08.2012 at 01:12
Written by Ernis on 01.08.2012 at 22:31

Written by Stabby on 01.08.2012 at 21:55

Pros:

Not wearing emo clothes...

But Damna's still using the eye-liner...

Ah yeah I see that now.

Their last one was good in my opinion. It had fast, heavy and catchy songs and just sounded good to me, although the first single was kind of light and poppy. The Scythe had its moments, and I agree that it wasn't all that great, but you wouldn't be able to tell from The Divided Heart that there would be some heavy stuff on it. So that's why EK fans should keep their hopes up.
Ernis - 02.08.2012 at 02:28
Written by Stabby on 02.08.2012 at 01:12

All in all, I always preferred Kleid as a singer. He just had a stronger and more masculine voice while Damna can sound whiney at times. Too bad that the band Future Is Tomorrow, which Kleid joined after leaving Elvenking, seems to be so obscure that finding their songs is a challenge. Then again, given the fact he's a gym trainer now, I'm not even sure he's singing for any band at all these days...
rafroes - 02.08.2012 at 07:17
This song is in the line of Red Silent Tides, more power than folk
Sentenced Odiin - 02.08.2012 at 12:36
Elvenking at its best imo
treptolemus - 02.08.2012 at 22:04
Good promotion clip.
AngelofDeth - 14.09.2012 at 01:15
Written by Sentenced Odiin on 02.08.2012 at 12:36

Elvenking at its best imo

At their best?!?!?

The Vox are terrible.The production amateur. The songwriting watered-down.
This is nothing compared to their past releases.

News Inferi - New Lyric Video Streaming Online 8.5 01.01.2014 by Joodicator
News The Sword - New Lyric Video Online 7 04.10.2012 by SleepFan
News Chalice Of Doom - New Lyric Video Online 7 06.07.2013 by Monolithic
News Voyager - Lyric Video For New Song Online 7 19.02.2014 by !J.O.O.E.!
News Orange Goblin - New Video Online, Entire New Album Streaming Online (UPDATED) 7 07.02.2012 by Syk