"Two-Pound Torch" and "Red-Skinned Scapegoat", two new songs from Canadian death metallers Cryptopsy, are now available for streaming here and here. The two songs are set to appear on Cryptopsy's upcoming self-titled album, scheduled for release on September 11th.

Check out more details about the album here and here.

[Also thanks to Oaken for sending in this news!]

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Cryptopsy

Posted: 15.08.2012 by BudDa

Comments

J. N. - 15.08.2012 at 19:43
Aren't those Children Of Bodom song titles?
Baz Anderson - 15.08.2012 at 19:47
Sounds great! Can't wait to listen to the whole thing.
Alex Fenger - 15.08.2012 at 19:58
Major step up from the previous
a MasT - 15.08.2012 at 20:38
Dig the artwork. Although its weird to see the band name at the top and then the band name in the classic design at the bottom...
Angelic Storm - 15.08.2012 at 21:20
Just listened to both songs, and my interest in the new album is definitely higher than it was before I listened to them. "Two-Pound Torch" is an intriguing mix of brutal death and melodic death, though the melodic death element may put some of the fans who hated the last album off. I thought the blend worked well, a very cleverly written song! "Red-Skinned Scapegoat" on the other hand, is a pure feast of technical death, which is very much a Cryptopsy tradition. Both songs are very good, and I have pretty high hopes for the album now!
MetalDoomMaster - 15.08.2012 at 21:51
I haven't heard any terrible cleans yet, but I also hear way too much deathcore influence still. The vocals and the music lack the ferocity that gives their old work such character. The guitar riffs in "Two-Pound Torch" sound like a metalcore re-hash of every other metalcore band that tries to sound brutal when they throw in some mediocre squeals. I admit that this is much better than the garbage that was "The Unspoken King", and I will probably still give this a spin, but listening to this does not give me high hopes.
CHEF METALHEAD - 15.08.2012 at 22:48
Tristus Scriptor - 15.08.2012 at 23:23
I respect this band. I respect their decisions. Didn't like "The Unspoken King", but understood their urge to experiment (it didn't work out- in my opinion- but; whatever). This is the rightful follow-up progression (with a small taste of positive regression here and there) to "And Then You'll Beg", which is one of my favorite releases anyway.
Carl Berg - 15.08.2012 at 23:28
Holy shit, this is amazing! Especially the second song, Cryptopsy is back baby!
Oaken - 15.08.2012 at 23:28
The only Cryptopsy record I've listened to before is None So Vile, and I guess that these two songs are somehow similar in style. Of course, they aren't as good as None So Vile (Nothing is, because that album is the definition of death metal mastery), but they sound decent and because of that I'm going to listen to the whole album when it comes out.
BTW I asked Cryptopsy about the length of the album on Facebook and they said it is going to be roughly 35 minutes long.
Rupert - 15.08.2012 at 23:50
Written by Oaken on 15.08.2012 at 23:28

So they've basically already released half the album. Sounds good!
Oaken - 15.08.2012 at 23:52
Written by Rupert on 15.08.2012 at 23:50

Written by Oaken on 15.08.2012 at 23:28

So they've basically already released half the album. Sounds good!

Personally I think that None So Vile's short length contributed to its awesomeness. Hope it turns out good for this one too.
Rupert - 16.08.2012 at 00:08
Written by Oaken on 15.08.2012 at 23:52

I don't know that album well enough to comment on it, but I find for albums in general a short one can go either way. Just depends on what the music's like, sometimes you can be left starving for more, and sometimes you've had just the right amount.
Oaken - 16.08.2012 at 00:15
Written by Rupert on 16.08.2012 at 00:08

Yeah, I agree with you. I simply mean that IN CASE the upcoming album is going to be boring, it'll be much better if it's 35 minutes than, let's say, 50 minutes.
LeChron James - 16.08.2012 at 03:30
That wasn't bad. Definitely worth pausing Elton John for.
Opethian - 16.08.2012 at 08:43
I have just received news that Lord Worm is no longer in his Facepalm position This sounds solid
Void Eater - 16.08.2012 at 09:42
These are the worst vocals I've ever heard and completely ruin the songs.
Malphas - 16.08.2012 at 17:13
I can't really agree with Void Eater..but i can't really disagree either. Not the best vocals out there but to be honest (ok i'm gonna get some death threats for this but...) i've never been the biggest Lord Worm fan myself (not saying he isn't good...i just didn't like his style that much) so imo Mike DiSalvo was doing the best vocal job in Cryptopsy, but then again that's just my opinion...so i wouldn't say that Matt is ruining the songs but...yeah he ain't the greatest out there either xD
Tristus Scriptor - 19.08.2012 at 02:55
I almost see where Malphas was going with that last comment. I love DiSalvo. His voice is very punchy and percussive, making the (optimistic) listener not care if the scene argues over hints of "core" or not. Really, Matt's doing a fine job here. Kinda typical for tech-death vocals, but really...who cares. He's kind of a good neutral, unobtrusive mid-point between Worm and DiSalvo here- kinda letting Cryptopsy THE BAND be themselves, and simply being their current respective vocalist (like I said- HERE, not on the Unspoken King...which WAS vocally obtrusive).

News Dark Suns - Two Songs And New Video Online 7 23.02.2008 by Katatronik
News Slough Feg - Two New Songs Online 7 01.09.2010 by !J.O.O.E.!
News Anacrusis - Two New Kenn Nardi Songs Online 7 16.09.2013 by qlacs
News Hatesphere - Two New Songs Online 7 15.03.2007 by Katatronik
News To/Die/For - Two New Songs Online 7 09.11.2009 by Jason W.