Dutch symphonic metallers Epica are currently working on new material. The band has already nailed down 11 tracks and will be hoping to enter studio sometime next year. The band had this to say: "Already about 11 new tracks have been written for the next album. We don't know yet when we'll record it (somewhere in 2013) but this material sounds killer so far! Wouldn't be surprised if many people gonna like those songs."

Epica is currently working on securing visas for their North American Tour. They are also scheduled to take part in ProgPower USA Festival XIII.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Epica

Posted: 29.08.2012 by BudDa

Comments

Mad Arab666 - 29.08.2012 at 20:31
Looking foward to it.
FeskarN - 29.08.2012 at 21:04
So soon? Hope it's better than their last album, that was a really a weak record. Worst by them by far.
PocketMetal - 29.08.2012 at 21:09
Good news , I wasn't disappointed by RFTI ... could be better though . I knew them for so many years but only recently they have become one of my favorite bands .
Unhealer - 29.08.2012 at 21:12
I hope they review the songs and check if they are really worth album material. I'm kinda hoping they make something absolutely different now and with all these songs already written I'm thinking it's going to be RFTI similar stuff.
And also give Simone a break so she takes some singing lessons
Dark Blood - 29.08.2012 at 21:21
Already? I haven't heard last album yet! Lol
shadowdragonfly1 - 29.08.2012 at 21:22
They should take a little break from writting new material and let the ideas mature for some time. Their last 2 records were the weakest for me and they are getting kind of boring TBH.
Dargor - 29.08.2012 at 21:37
"Wouldn't be surprised if many people gonna like those songs."

The level of expectations here is sooo high!
This made me laugh.
882THKing - 29.08.2012 at 21:43
That's way too fast, but in a way I'm happy because I was so disappointed with their last album, I need a new album FAST to try to forget it. I wish they'd go back to their roots and do something more polished. Don't know why, but they just wrote better songs back in the day. Then after the brilliant The Divine Conspiracy it all just collapsed. I think they're just wingin' it without really knowing what they're doing. It's sad. They have so much potential.
Jiri - 29.08.2012 at 22:04
Yeah, they knew their last album sucked and now they are trying to kick sand over it. Good for them
DeepBlueSea - 29.08.2012 at 22:07
OMG! Are you serious =D *jeeei* I've never expected to get another album so soon after this great kick-ass album. So happy right now.
chronic-headache - 29.08.2012 at 22:18
I liked Requiem for the Indifferent. Yes, it was their weakest, yes it sounded too much like a SImone fronted Mayan, but it was still ...well...EPIC!
My dream would be that they could enter a state of productivity similer to what Devin Townsend is doing now.
annodomini - 29.08.2012 at 23:23
DYU was the best thing I have herd from them, but requiem is a crap. And judging how soon, they are going to record a new one, I am afraid this one will be too. They probably want to recover.
Unhealer - 30.08.2012 at 03:47
All the ridiculously different opinions about Epica on this thread almost seem written on purpose
mariano - 30.08.2012 at 16:04
Written by Guest on 30.08.2012 at 02:27

The last two albums are the best...

I agree on that... although I keep waiting them to improve their studio sound. Specially guitars... I'm not sure if it's the tuning or the amps or just the use of a crappy distortion pedal. Even the most elaborated riffs are disappointing when the sound is that weak.
mariano - 30.08.2012 at 17:09
Written by Guest on 30.08.2012 at 16:24

Written by mariano on 30.08.2012 at 16:04

Written by Guest on 30.08.2012 at 02:27

The last two albums are the best...

As for those guitars, I think it's intended - you can listen to Mayan's debut where the guitars sound very similarly... You can even listen to some live perfomances of Epica or mainly Mayan to ensure yourself that what you hear especially on Requiem is not "digitally compressed sound" but just what Mark wants it to sound like. I think he just wants to sound "classical".

then I guess the engineers in charge of the mixing and the mastering are not to blame
The Shape 1973 - 07.09.2012 at 22:30
Pressure from the label, to get stuff out quick.

Hope they realize the last album was weak with no highlights compared to all of their other albums.
DesmondvanEps - 06.02.2013 at 20:25
Written by chronic-headache on 29.08.2012 at 22:18

That would be awesome!!
DesmondvanEps - 06.02.2013 at 20:37
Written by The Shape 1973 on 07.09.2012 at 22:30

Pressure from the label, to get stuff out quick.

The highligts were gone after Ad left in my oppinion.. DYU was pretty okay but not as good as TDC, and the last one was weak indeed
DesmondvanEps - 06.02.2013 at 20:52
I like all the opinions about how the last 2 albums suck (or only the last one in some cases)..
It is important for a band to grow and explore en experiment, loved that about AF..
Too bad Epica took that change the wrong way (my opinion!!) to a regulair symphonic metalband from the epic band they were (The Divine Conspiracy as a cherry on the cream)
If they would do some climaxing again like they did in the songs Seif al Din, The Phantom agony, Consign to Oblivion, Fools of Damnaton etc. for example, I think they'll do great mixing their new style with old-fashioned Epica goosebumb-giving-eargasm sounds like they did on the first 3 releases

News Hanternoz - To Release Exclusive Tracks Late 2012, Writing New Material 5.5 24.07.2012 by Fredd
News Symphony X - Writing New Material 5.5 22.03.2014 by UnknownCheese
News The Sword - Writing New Material 5.5 22.08.2009 by Super_Greg
News Bullet For My Valentine - Start Writing New Material In January 5.5 29.12.2011 by !J.O.O.E.!
News Kalmah - Writing New Material, Keyboardist Leaves The Band 5.5 14.09.2011 by Angel_Lament