That's right folks, it has been officially confirmed. Led Zeppelin are giving their fans a whole lotta love. The band announced that their 2007 reunion concert at London's O2 arena will be released in "multiple configurations" as Celebration Day on November 19th, 2012. Prior to that, the film will screen at movie theaters across the globe on October 17th. See the cinema listings here.

Here's the press release: "On December 10, 2007, Led Zeppelin took the stage at London's O2 Arena to headline a tribute concert for dear friend and Atlantic Records founder Ahmet Ertegun. What followed was a two-hour-plus tour de force of the band's signature blues-infused rock 'n' roll that instantly became part of the legend of Led Zeppelin. Founding members John Paul Jones, Jimmy Page and Robert Plant were joined by Jason Bonham, the son of their late drummer John Bonham, to perform 16 songs from their celebrated catalog including landmark tracks 'Whole Lotta Love', 'Rock And Roll,' 'Kashmir,' and 'Stairway To Heaven.'

Although 20 million people applied for tickets, the band's first headline show in 27 years was seen only by the 18,000 ticket holders who were fortunate enough to have secured seats through the worldwide lottery.

The film of Celebration Day will see a worldwide theatrical release by Omniverse Vision on 1,500 screens in over 40 territories on October 17. The theatrical screenings will follow premieres in London, Los Angeles, New York, and other major cities. Tickets for the public screenings will be available on September 13 via ledzeppelin.com.

Celebration Day will then be available in multiple video and audio formats on November 19 from Swan Song/Atlantic Records. Specific product details will be announced soon."

Celebration Day tracklist:

16. Rock And Roll

Source: ledzeppelin.com
Band profile: Led Zeppelin

Posted: 13.09.2012 by BloodTears

Comments

Dane Train - 13.09.2012 at 18:21
I am so excited for this!
BloodTears - 13.09.2012 at 20:17
Wasn't expecting it to show at Portugal, so not surprised it won't be in theaters here. But I'm definitely getting this. I actually like LZ a lot, their riffs are pretty cool to play and after I bought Mothership, it's only natural to buy this one as well. It'll be a neat Christmas gift.
afu - 13.09.2012 at 21:18
I wonder how much autotuning they put on Plant's voice? Page is very particular about what he releases and the bootleg of the show reveals some dodgy notes. In any case, it was a good show and I will see/buy this.
LeChron James - 14.09.2012 at 05:37
Should be sick, I'm down.
Ace Frawley - 14.09.2012 at 10:46
Written by afu on 13.09.2012 at 21:18

Good point and something I thought about as well. I reckon there will be a lot of manipulation to remove notes that are off tune. Still, I think all these DVDs of live concerts are the same these days. Goes back a long way, I suppose. I have heard that Kiss Alive was heavily manipulated.
Ozman - 16.09.2012 at 13:25
Written by afu on 13.09.2012 at 21:18

they probably tweaked Plant's a lot because the recordings of that show I heard on tv Plant really didn't sing well at all. I would say he actually sounded terrible.
afu - 18.09.2012 at 17:58
Written by Ozman on 16.09.2012 at 13:25

Written by afu on 13.09.2012 at 21:18

The first two songs are bad. After that, I think he sounds ok. I cut him some slack for being older and having vacuumed large amounts of cocaine in his younger days.
JohnDoe - 19.09.2012 at 01:04
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

from what I know, Page was the one with drug problems, not Plant.
Ozman - 19.09.2012 at 02:04
Written by JohnDoe on 19.09.2012 at 01:04

from what I know, Page was the one with drug problems, not Plant.

As far as I know you're right (and Page also drank a LOT) although Plant also used quite a bit of cocaine back in the day. But then again which member of a big rock band didn't? I think Plant was the one with the groupie hunting addiction.
afu - 19.09.2012 at 02:58
Written by Ozman on 19.09.2012 at 02:04

Written by JohnDoe on 19.09.2012 at 01:04

from what I know, Page was the one with drug problems, not Plant.

On the Led Zeppelin DVD, there's an interview where you can tell Plant's gacked out. He also liked to drink. I don't think he was a colossal user, but he partied through the '70s. Page switched from coke to heroin around 1975 or 1976 and it was a big problem. He was in The Firm for godsakes; that's as low as it gets. Both of them banged a ton of groupies and Page really liked teenage girls. I've read three LZ biographies and they all pretty much tell the same story.

News Led Zeppelin - Present Day Developments 7.5 29.10.2008 by corrupt
Albums Led Zeppelin - Celebration Day 7.5 19.11.2012 by afu
News Led Zeppelin - Announce Reissue Campaign, Start With First 3 Albums 7.5 14.03.2014 by Bad English
News Guns N' Roses - To Release 3D Live Concert Film, Trailer Online 5.5 14.04.2013 by Bad English
News Metallica - Full 3D Film Theatrical Trailer Released 5.5 21.07.2013 by DrM