"We Are The Others", another new video from Dutch symphonic metal act Delain, is now available for viewing below. The song for this track comes off the group's latest album with the same name, released in June this year via Roadrunner Records. The video was directed by Redline Music.

Source: youtube.com
Band profile: Delain

Posted: 17.09.2012 by Abattoir

Comments

Opethian - 18.09.2012 at 00:26
Ehh video indeed
Bad English - 18.09.2012 at 01:25
I wast 3 min from my presue time whyle I was watching this crap ................uberboring X10 boring
hiten1975 - 18.09.2012 at 02:16
I actually think this song and its message are quite trivial, but the album is very good
Paradox0 - 18.09.2012 at 09:38
Written by Guest on 17.09.2012 at 22:30

Eeeeh... Album version of this song is way superior! And the video is quite amateurish...

I thought it was an ad for the first five seconds myself.
Malaghost - 18.09.2012 at 10:13
It hurts my eyes and ears also On album it sounds better. Charlotte should use some makeup and different dress.
Ellrohir - 18.09.2012 at 10:23
Ehm...am i still to METAL Storm? because i just feel like being 12 years old again and turning on my favorite fckin pop radio station...
The Shape 1973 - 18.09.2012 at 11:09
There first album was quite good, but that made me sick.

As the great Eric Cartman once said " a bunch of tree hugging hippie crap".

Did I see Robert, Sharon from WT and George Oosthoek in that video?
Ellrohir - 18.09.2012 at 11:26
Written by The Shape 1973 on 18.09.2012 at 11:09

As the great Eric Cartman once said " a bunch of tree hugging hippie crap".

you must be mistaken, this is not Wolves In The Throne Room thread
Marcel Hubregtse - 18.09.2012 at 17:33
Written by The Shape 1973 on 18.09.2012 at 11:09

...George Oosthoek in that video?

Three seconds into the video there is indeed George swinging away

Shame I didn't see this video earlier or else I could have given him shit about his swinging early today when I bumped into him in the supermarket
882THKing - 18.09.2012 at 19:34
Horrible song. Horrible, bland and original music and the lyrics are even worse. Too bad, they showed potential on their previous albums. Their new album is.. a disgrace.
BestMetalstormer - 18.09.2012 at 20:17
Written by Ellrohir on 18.09.2012 at 10:23

It's more melodic but still metal or at least like rock or their own style like bands in Finland having Suomi metal, I could say. Video and song meaning very simple but not bad. Would be more perfect if the singer makeup more... Yeah its pop-like but IMO its entertaining
Uldreth - 18.09.2012 at 20:56
Sounds like Lady Gaga.

Ellrohir - 18.09.2012 at 23:15
I am totally sure i have heard pop songs sounding exactly like this...its not metal just because you have a guitar and drums in it...
Marcel Hubregtse - 19.09.2012 at 01:49
Written by The Shape 1973 on 18.09.2012 at 11:09

...George Oosthoek in that video?

I only saw him once upon first viewing, but just now when I watched it again I saw him again and that left me rolling on the floor with laughter and tears in my eyes.
George holding a piece of paper with Peanut written on it. Okay, I know the song has to do with preconceptions about people. And peanut in Dutch (pinda) is a derogatory term used to refer to Indonesians in this country. But still, I couldn't stop laughing.
Marcel Hubregtse - 19.09.2012 at 01:53
Written by Ellrohir on 18.09.2012 at 23:15

Indeed extremely poppy and also catchy btw.
But damn... back in 1997 I introduced Otto (Delain's bass player) to Pantera, Coroner, Morbid Angel and such (taped a shitload of stuff for him) and now he pulls this one after having left Detonation? Ah well I know he really likes playing in Delain and that's what counts.
The Shape 1973 - 19.09.2012 at 21:45
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 19.09.2012 at 01:53

Written by Ellrohir on 18.09.2012 at 23:15

Indeed extremely poppy and also catchy btw.

and..

Three seconds into the video there is indeed George swinging away

You name dropper you.
Marcel Hubregtse - 19.09.2012 at 21:51
Written by The Shape 1973 on 19.09.2012 at 21:45

You name dropper you.

Well I already know George since 1990 and tbh know Otto (bass for Delain) since 1997 (even before he joined Detonation)
The Shape 1973 - 19.09.2012 at 22:01
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 19.09.2012 at 21:51

Written by The Shape 1973 on 19.09.2012 at 21:45

You name dropper you.

I've met Freddie Mercury's mum. Does that count?
Marcel Hubregtse - 19.09.2012 at 22:08
Written by The Shape 1973 on 19.09.2012 at 22:01

I've met Freddie Mercury's mum. Does that count?

But how well do you know her? If you "know" her in the biblical sense of the word then that will count into infinity
The Shape 1973 - 19.09.2012 at 22:15
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 19.09.2012 at 22:08

You are a very sick puppy.
Marcel Hubregtse - 19.09.2012 at 22:28
Written by The Shape 1973 on 19.09.2012 at 22:15

You are a very sick puppy.

Well, I might have told this before but I played with Otto in the same cricket team in 1997 (okay he is a lot younger but played for the Dutch youth team at the time) and when he heard I was into metal he asked me for pointers, hence bands such as Morbid Angel, Coroner, Pantera and many more I taped for him.
And George I know due to being part of VIRUS (Students of Utrecht Metal Society) where the both of us were part of althoguh he didn't study at Uni but he had designed the society's logo. If I remember correctly Otto was the first secondary school member of the society in 1998 or so hahahahaha
alfrede110 - 21.09.2012 at 04:24
I watched the video with astonishment: A great shift from their debut album! They've clearly changed their genre from symphonic metal to pop/rock. I'm not to blame them, cuz they're trying to join mainstream -maybe to earn more money or so- and it's their right; but musically speaking, I should confess that I just loved their "Lucidity" album. If I want to listen to pop songs like this, I can go and listen to a bunch of singers/bands out there who've been doing this professionally for years.
Tristus Scriptor - 26.09.2012 at 22:14
Nobody should imply Charlotte needs makeup. She's real and beautiful. (Fanboy, I know.)
Ellrohir - 27.09.2012 at 00:00
She may not need the makeup, but she definitely needs to start sing in a proper metal band
prelude2tragedy - 29.09.2012 at 21:58
Nothing could have prepared me for this. Horrible song indeed.
Italics - 16.11.2012 at 06:45
This song is probably one of the worst songs on the new album. "We Are the Others" DOES have some strong moments, but it's definitely weaker than their previous album.

More annoying than this song's melody is the fact that the album version is much better, and also that the message is obviously aimed at emo 12 year old kids. Pretty weak concept. Thankfully, as I said, this is one of the weakest songs on the album.

News Gojira - Another New Video Online 7 12.01.2009 by infydreams