The time has come to listen to the new Wintersun album. The long awaited and extremely over-due Time I is finally here. You can stream the album exclusively and in its entirety at the band's official website. Time I is Wintersun's second album and it will see its first release on October 19th, in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Finland and Norway under Nuclear Blast.

Source: wintersun.fi
Band profile: Wintersun

Posted: 17.10.2012 by BudDa

Comments

‹‹ Back to the News Pages: [1] 2

Lit. - 17.10.2012 at 17:26
IT BEGINS!
Warman - 17.10.2012 at 17:28
Nah, I'll rather wait till Friday when it arrives in my mail.
Zaphod - 17.10.2012 at 17:34
Oh hi there Time I Cover Artwork! Looking hideous as ever I see.
Dark†SymphonY - 17.10.2012 at 17:57
I actually preferred the fake cover of the album. Only listened to one song and sounds really overblown and too... Nightwish. I do hope this is doesn't disappoint.
Wintersun616 - 17.10.2012 at 18:17
Written by Dark†SymphonY on 17.10.2012 at 17:57

I agree about the overblown part, also if Nightwish and Whispered had a bastard child who had ADHD, it would be like Wintersun - Time I (at least the intro and Sons of Winter And Stars).

Land of Snow and Sorrow is better and less overblown, but I'm not yet feeling that Wintersun awesomeness I'm used to from their debut album. This one needs at least a dozen spins until I'll give my final judgement.
Cynic Metalhead - 17.10.2012 at 18:36
I shut you all to stop criticizing about this wonderful cover art. Well, as long as my girlfriend likes it...I LIKED IT TOO.

I repeat.....It's a good artwork.
Marcel Hubregtse - 17.10.2012 at 18:42
Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles can even see this is hideous artwork.
O)))racle - 17.10.2012 at 18:53
Cool album! Overall im pretty happy with this release.
.Nemesis. - 17.10.2012 at 19:03
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.10.2012 at 18:42

Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles can even see this is hideous artwork.

Really? I actually like it.
demonseed - 17.10.2012 at 19:08
Worst cover artwork ever made?
Marcel Hubregtse - 17.10.2012 at 19:12
Written by demonseed on 17.10.2012 at 19:08

Worst cover artwork ever made?

nope, there are way worse around. But it certainly is totally horrendous.
cancel - 17.10.2012 at 19:15
Background vocals and huge epicness doesn't have to be connected with nightwish, I don't like this comparation...just enjoy brand new Wintersun with bonus sounds and melodies you wouldn't expect!
Zaphod - 17.10.2012 at 19:39
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.10.2012 at 19:12

Written by demonseed on 17.10.2012 at 19:08

Worst cover artwork ever made?

nope, there are way worse around. But it certainly is totally horrendous.

Yeah, like the one with the Mayan temple that was posted in the artwork contest a couple of months back.
Marcel Hubregtse - 17.10.2012 at 19:42
Written by Zaphod on 17.10.2012 at 19:39

mmm I prefer that one over the WIntersun one although it is bad
Mr. Doctor - 17.10.2012 at 19:49
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.10.2012 at 19:42

mmm I prefer that one over the WIntersun one although it is bad

Same here, the mayan one COULD have been a good artwork if it weren't for the over-the-top delivery. This one has no possibility of salvation.
opeth771 - 17.10.2012 at 19:51
The mixing is awful, but it is still a pretty good album. The first song though feels like a way too long intro and parts seems to have been copy-pasted all over 4mins. Can't wait for the second part which is said to have epic guitar solos
malaikat - 17.10.2012 at 19:55
"Apparently, the streaming server is having some problems and it might not stream right away. The trick is to wait a bit until it loads properly."

Damnit Juri just stream it on Soundcloud, don't be so fucking autistic all the time. God this guy can't even stream the album without screwing it up.
MetalManic_Joel - 17.10.2012 at 20:20
Written by Zaphod on 17.10.2012 at 17:34

Oh hi there Time I Cover Artwork! Looking hideous as ever I see.

I'd take it over the new Saturnus album art

Valentin B - 17.10.2012 at 20:45
Written by malaikat on 17.10.2012 at 19:55

LOL I don't want to jump on the hatebandwagon here but it's actually pretty funny how historically everything has conspired against him in the case of this album. Either that or he's just a major screw-up who should just stick to making music
musclassia - 17.10.2012 at 21:29
I really want to listen to the stream, but this stupid website is so useless I can't even listen to the first note; which idiot decided this was a good idea?
Amatsu Mikaboshi - 17.10.2012 at 21:33
He plays on the left..... He plays on the raiiiiight!!!
That boy Jari! Made Ensiferum look shite!!
Pegi - 17.10.2012 at 22:16
Can't even listen to it since stream won't load for me...
JÄY - 17.10.2012 at 23:13
Jari is such a troll.....The only fuction of that page is to see how many people will click the play button and how long they will wait for the stream to start
In5anity - 17.10.2012 at 23:33
Worked for me after a while. Between all this epicness I kind of missed the songs.
Methuselah - 18.10.2012 at 00:42
Jari wasn't kidding about the Japanese influence.
SelfXPlanetOrE - 18.10.2012 at 01:10
Now all we gotta do is wait 8 more years for the next album.
Alex Fenger - 18.10.2012 at 01:18
Guess I can listen to see how immensely over-hyped this is.
WorpeX - 18.10.2012 at 01:45
Wow. This is fantastic. Can't... stop... headbanging...

Everything about this album is bullshit. Album Art, Stream, Epic delay, etc.... Except the music.
Nightfall - 18.10.2012 at 02:11
Written by Alex Fenger on 18.10.2012 at 01:18

Guess I can listen to see how immensely over-hyped this is.

I did it for the exact same reason. Probably a 7/10 from me; the intro was boring, the riffs aren't memorable, there were (almost) no solos... although I think it was well produced and with further listens it might become somewhat interesting to listen, but it hardly reaches an 8 in my case.
Marcel Hubregtse - 18.10.2012 at 02:43
Written by Valentin B on 17.10.2012 at 20:45

Written by malaikat on 17.10.2012 at 19:55

Nope I'd say he is a lying b****** and nothing went wrong he was just lazy assed and didn't record a thing at the time. And this so-called fuck up with the stream is him trying to convince people he is bad with technology
Alex Fenger - 18.10.2012 at 02:53
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.10.2012 at 02:43

CONSPIRACY I DECLARE! But yeah, I never kept up with his reasons for delaying the album, i just assumed he was being lazy.
chronic-headache - 18.10.2012 at 04:11
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.10.2012 at 02:43

Written by Valentin B on 17.10.2012 at 20:45

Written by malaikat on 17.10.2012 at 19:55

I would say it's both, Time is cursed, and Time 2 will take another short decade to see release, February 2013 my ass
and Jarii i think is technologically incompetent. Get Devin Townsend, Jim Morris or Saschae Paeth to do the production work next time, cuz you obviously take WAY to damn long...
Tristus Scriptor - 18.10.2012 at 06:30
Approached this out of sheer curiosity fueled by boredom, half expecting to listen for a few minutes, and then click off of it- still bored (since I'm very selective about ultra-melodic extreme metal). And then, to my surprise, I wasn't; so I didn't. I actually love it. Didn't want to jump on either side of the Wintersun obsession...I still believe I haven't joined the silliness, yet happy to have found something new to enjoy.
AngelofDeth - 18.10.2012 at 07:08
Drama of the Year 2012
Zaphod - 18.10.2012 at 07:11
Written by Mr. Doctor on 17.10.2012 at 19:49

Hmm, good point.
They're both bad (really bad) though, no need to choose the lesser of two evils, since we can hate them both .

Written by MetalManic_Joel on 17.10.2012 at 20:20

I'd take it over the new Saturnus album art

Nope, definitely like it better than the tree-on-the-head-in-space-thing.
FreddeSwede - 18.10.2012 at 09:14
I've been listening to this album since Sunday and now, after 15 laps of spinning, I have to admit this is a one of a kind band. Who just created another one of a kind album. The fact that some bands can get away with evolving and changing style, and still be able to get us (the listeners) interested and spellbound is a rare feature. I'm pretty sure "Time 2" will sound different and make a turn yet again. This is what great musicians do, since it proves that they are good listeners as well. It's easy to say that you're influenced by this and that, but it doesn't mean that you're actually listening and being able to transform that inspiration into a product of your own.

Wintersun is definitely a band that will make a huge mark in "metal history", and I'm sure it will not be a dent.
Cynic Metalhead - 18.10.2012 at 11:11
Written by WorpeX on 18.10.2012 at 01:45

Except the music.

They sucked at quality level. I heard some downtune of sounds in between of the songs on their official website which was annoying. "Sons of Winter and Stars" I think it's a pretty decent track but then poor sound quality made my mood to switch it over. It's for sure that this album was made in haste.
MeloDeathViking - 18.10.2012 at 15:54
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 18.10.2012 at 11:11

It's for sure that this album was made in haste.

That's a pretty ridiculous statement considering this album has taken years to be finished and released. If your gonna blame poor quality on something (at least for this album) it most certainly CAN'T be haste haha.
Fredd - 18.10.2012 at 16:06

Written by Rulatore on 18.10.2012 at 17:29

Written by Fredd on 18.10.2012 at 16:11

WE ALL GONNA COEXIST HAPPILY

SO. FUNNY.

I. CARE.
Valek - 18.10.2012 at 17:49
I dont get why the ppl says the album is boring wtf, is totally epic, the sound is incredible, fits perfect is totally new sound for me, really I think musicaly speaking is pretty good album. 8,5/10 for me and just because the album is short as hell
Cynic Metalhead - 18.10.2012 at 19:52
Written by MeloDeathViking on 18.10.2012 at 15:54

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 18.10.2012 at 11:11

It's for sure that this album was made in haste.

Chinese Democracy came after so many years and still sounds SHITTY as FUCK! Why it can't be this?

It's not necessary albums that are made after many years has to be on good sound quality or atleast a BETTER ALBUM. The problem with this album is in quality and I really didn't like that fucking downtune shit that was in between songs. Second, repetitive.... like in INTRO...it's stretched alot and that can be seen in some of their songs too. It's certainly made in fucking haste man.

All in all, this record is satisfactory blown out.
MeloDeathViking - 18.10.2012 at 20:01
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 18.10.2012 at 19:52

Written by MeloDeathViking on 18.10.2012 at 15:54

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 18.10.2012 at 11:11

It's for sure that this album was made in haste.

All in all, this record is satisfactory blown out.

I never said it couldn't be a shitty album, I just said if it's a shitty album it wasn't because it was made with haste. It clearly took them a long time so it wasn't rushed. If it's shitty, it's for other reasons, like bad song writing.
Cynic Metalhead - 18.10.2012 at 20:05
Chronicles of Narnia series can certainly take these songs for their soundtracks.
Nickferatu367 - 18.10.2012 at 23:07
I will be patient and wait for it to arrive in the mail. dont fail me jari! it's been too long
Tristus Scriptor - 18.10.2012 at 23:23
Written by AngelofDeth on 18.10.2012 at 07:08

Drama of the Year 2012

Exactly.

Pages: [1] 2

News Pig Destroyer - Entire New Album Streaming Online 7.5 16.10.2012 by Lit.
News Three - New Album Streaming Online 7 10.10.2011 by Rulatore
News Misery Index - Entire New Album Streaming Online 7 08.10.2008 by Visioneerie
News Noumena - New Album Streaming Online 7 11.04.2013 by LeKiwi