Tobias Sammet is currently in the studio working on a new Avantasia album to be released in spring 2013. The album will feature guest instrumentalists and vocalists and will once again be a rock opera based on a conceptual story very similar to the early Avantasia albums.

Tobias released this statement: "The new material sounds very fresh and new and yet you can hear the old classic Avantasia vibe on the album, it will be an enchanting fairytale again, far away from any musical trends. Our latest album was our most successful album of all time, but I guess it was only that successful because it came from the heart. That's the only proven remedy I wanna stick to. I tried to lay down any thought of expectations, but instead just do a completely unseasonable, unfashionable and even unreasonable piece of art. Anyway, I feel at home when I listen to those melodies, choirs and guitars."

"I just talked to Michi Kiske and he said that the stuff reminds him a lot of the old classic Avantasia material in the good old Keeper style. As a fan, now that sounds even exciting to me, so the circle shuts. For myself it's hard to describe the material in words, I had and have so many ideas that I had to restrain myself a little, otherwise the album would become too long, and I'm trying not to do a double album this time. However, I am really excited, and I just thought I'd let you know how excited I am. I'll try to give you more updates from now on. Cheers, Tobi."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Avantasia

Posted: 25.10.2012 by BloodTears

Comments

HumanSpirit - 25.10.2012 at 13:43
Tobi, this madness has to stop
Stratowarrior - 25.10.2012 at 14:42
I hope the drummer is Jorg Michael
The Shape 1973 - 25.10.2012 at 18:47
I hope it is back to the style of the first two albums, but I doubt it. I don't think he has got it in him anymore.
FeskarN - 25.10.2012 at 18:51
Written by The Shape 1973 on 25.10.2012 at 18:47

Indeed. I have the same feeling. Seems like Tobi is not so good at writing any memorable songs anymore..
Ag Fox - 25.10.2012 at 19:47
Less hard rock please
Italics - 25.10.2012 at 20:03
If it's true that his last album was the most successful one he's had yet, I highly doubt he's "losing it." Granted, I'm not a big fan of any Avantasia period, so who knows.
JÄY - 25.10.2012 at 20:33
Written by Italics on 25.10.2012 at 20:03

Most successful at what, though??....

Justin Beiber is very successful as well
Andreas - 25.10.2012 at 20:53
Hmm, I'm looking forward to this. I enjoyed all Avantasia albums, so I have nothing to complain... yet.

Written by JÄY on 25.10.2012 at 20:33

Justin Beiber is very successful as well

And for a good reason!
JÄY - 25.10.2012 at 21:12
Written by Andreas on 25.10.2012 at 20:53

Written by JÄY on 25.10.2012 at 20:33

Justin Beiber is very successful as well

And for a good reason!

....soul belongs to Satan?
Andreas - 26.10.2012 at 01:57
Written by JÄY on 25.10.2012 at 21:12

Written by Andreas on 25.10.2012 at 20:53

Written by JÄY on 25.10.2012 at 20:33

Justin Beiber is very successful as well

And for a good reason!

....soul belongs to Satan?

Something like that, yes.
HumanSpirit - 27.10.2012 at 05:54
Written by Italics on 25.10.2012 at 20:03

So... Music < Fame?
Italics - 27.10.2012 at 07:21
Written by HumanSpirit on 27.10.2012 at 05:54

Written by Italics on 25.10.2012 at 20:03

So... Music < Fame?

No, just saying, if his last album was the most commercially/financially successful the band has had yet, I think it's unfair to make the assessment that they are losing their magic or ability to write appealing music. But he never defined "most successful," so it's hard to say for sure.
!J.O.O.E.! - 27.10.2012 at 07:50
Written by Italics on 27.10.2012 at 07:21

Again, as someone else here identified, this is what I'm now dubbing the "Justin Bieber argument." Album sales mean absolutely nothing. That's a moot point and those that take metal with an iota of seriousness, logic and understanding know that. The vast majority of metal bands become more "successful" (i.e. sell more records and become better known) as their career progresses and they make more albums and tour more, and in a huge percentage of the time as their music becomes more accessible (not "better," the two are not explicitly related as much as you try to argue the point. Never has been, never will be). There are exceptions to this rule, but they are infrequent variables. Avantastia are effectively pop-metal. Their music requires little thought because, like other bands in the genre (and pop), they extol over the top melody over anything else which is what the masses are used to (hence "pop" = popular). That's why records get shifted in large numbers and will continue to do so as long as said band continues to make the same kind of music. Ultimately: appealing = popular and easily digestible. Nothing to do with magic. This isn't a judgement by the way, this is logical observation.
Italics - 29.10.2012 at 01:07
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 27.10.2012 at 07:50

Written by Italics on 27.10.2012 at 07:21

If the last Avantasia album was their most successful yet, it's incorrect/unfair to say that they're "losing it." Plain and simple.

PS - I'm flattered that you still obsess over me and my posts =)
!J.O.O.E.! - 29.10.2012 at 01:12
It's not that, it's more that I obsess over correcting that which is obviously wrong I like to educate people. Even when they substitute good argument with lowbrow cop-out responses such as "plain and simple," I still get satisfaction from my own level of understanding. Keep it up sugar, I enjoy our tete-a-tete

News High On Fire - Enter The Studio To Record New Album 4 22.12.2011 by LeChron James
News Sirenia - In The Studio 4 16.10.2012 by Unhealer
News Volbeat - Enter The Studio And Reveal New Album Title 4 15.01.2013 by psykometal
News The Dillinger Escape Plan - Enter The Studio 4 09.07.2007 by Spyroid
News Into Eternity - Enters The Studio This Weekend, New Single Version Online 4 29.07.2011 by Gopherhawk