After releasing the positively acclaimed debut Glorification Of A Myth, the Australian tech death/thrash metal outfit Ouroboros is working hard on their new upcoming release.

Guitarist Chris Jones and bassist/back vocalist Michael Conti unveiled the following update regarding the band's new upcoming album: "Currently we are in pre production for our second album (2013 release) and we could not be happier with the way it is sounding. We have just finished a track which is a contender for our most powerful to date.

As the writing process ensues, we are becoming increasingly aware of the natural progression our music has taken over the past eight months. The addition of Orchestral elements has added a dynamic to our music which we have always felt strongly about. Orchestral recording sessions are booked in and the scores are beginning to take shape.

We are pleased to have artist Colin Marks with us again on this album, his work on Glorification Of A Myth was outstanding, so we cannot wait to see our concepts materialised again on this release.

At this stage we will continue to work hard in the studio and move on to tracking and post production, we will keep you all updated on our progress and as always your support is sincerely and greatly appreciated."

Source: ouroboros.mu
Band profile: Ouroboros

Posted: 29.10.2012 by Xeravia

Comments

musclassia - 29.10.2012 at 16:23
Glorification of a myth was outstanding - looking forward to this
Rulatore - 29.10.2012 at 17:47
Quote:

I'm a bit afraid of it, seriously, do they realy need it ?
psykometal - 29.10.2012 at 17:51
I am looking forward to this I am a little worried about how the music will sound now since the first album was still heavily influenced by Denis Vlachiotis' style from his time in Dred.
Dark Blood - 29.10.2012 at 17:59
Glorification was outstanding indeed. I'm sure this one will not be far from it as well.
qlacs - 29.10.2012 at 18:00
GOOD. What, excellent!!
Alex Fenger - 29.10.2012 at 18:15
Nice, hoping it lives up to/exceeds the standards set by their debut.
There seem to be a lot of nice album/ep announcements coming in these days.
JÄY - 29.10.2012 at 22:08
Great news!.....I've been waiting patiently for an update. woo! 2013!
Thrillhouse - 30.10.2012 at 05:22
Written by Rulatore on 29.10.2012 at 17:47

Quote:

I'm a bit afraid of it, seriously, do they realy need it ?

Did you hear Fleshgod Apocalypse's album Agony? Orchestral stuff is bad ass.
psykometal - 30.10.2012 at 09:26
Written by Thrillhouse on 30.10.2012 at 05:22

Did you hear Fleshgod Apocalypse's album Agony? Orchestral stuff is bad ass.

Depends on how it's done, I like Fleshgod Apocalypse and Agony is a great album but Ouroboros had a winning formula before and I agree "Do they really need it?" Personally I say no they don't, but I will wait till they release something for us to hear to make my final judgement.
Timmeh - 30.10.2012 at 09:28
The band received a $10,000 (AU) government grant which made the orchestral elements possible, which is a nice thing to hear if you ask me. Will definitely be giving this a listen when it comes out, after all I did pay for it with my tax .
psykometal - 30.10.2012 at 16:56
Written by Timmeh on 30.10.2012 at 09:28

Well that's awesome, wish there were more countries out there who would support metal like that.

News My Dying Bride - Tour Dates / New Album Update 5.5 09.06.2006 by Alf~rad
News Esoteric - Line Up Changes, Album Update And New Live Dates 5.5 17.04.2007 by Katatronik
News Septicflesh - New Album Update 5.5 16.07.2010 by Got Mayhem?
News Skepticism - New Album Update 5.5 27.05.2013 by serega25