Wintersun just released the band's first-ever lyric video for the track "Time", which naturally comes off the band's latest album Time I, out since October. Click 'play' to watch the almost 12-minute clip below.

Source: wintersun.fi
Band profile: Wintersun

Posted: 16.11.2012 by Alloy

Comments

AngelofDeth - 16.11.2012 at 20:41
This album woulda been so much better if it was just properly mixed and produced.
Alex Fenger - 16.11.2012 at 21:52
Written by AngelofDeth on 16.11.2012 at 20:41

Would've been better if they just spent a little more time on it.... releasing albums too quickly is never smart
Boxcar Willy - 16.11.2012 at 22:55
Written by Alex Fenger on 16.11.2012 at 21:52

Exactly this.
Malaghost - 16.11.2012 at 23:29
The video without lyrics would be actually enjoyable. It looks like someone was trying to reach outer limits of MS paint.
Wes - 16.11.2012 at 23:41
Love it. I think the mix is superb.
ANGEL REAPER - 17.11.2012 at 01:42
However ,somehow vocals kills the music once again....
LeChron James - 17.11.2012 at 06:49
A 12 minute long lyric video?

AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT.
Machiavelli - 17.11.2012 at 07:13
Black metal vegan chef...
Daniell - 17.11.2012 at 12:51
"Time will go on and we are drifting away in the night"...

Cheese galore. Add that abysmal, unreadable font, static images, and average music and you get a recipe for how to waste 11 minutes of your life.
Rulatore - 17.11.2012 at 13:59
Written by Malaghost on 16.11.2012 at 23:29

This.
Stabby - 18.11.2012 at 01:54
I'd like the metal elements like guitars, vocals and drums to be more prominent in the mix, is that what everyone is talking about with the mixing? Somebody (or everyone) explain to me what they would like changed in the mixing, don't be afraid to be technical
Array - 18.11.2012 at 02:32
Written by Stabby on 18.11.2012 at 01:54

Well I don't have a problem, but... most probably it's about those rhythm guitars and drums being too low, orchestral things being too high, and movie -like things being high-high. The vocals, most probably, are too simple and cheesy. So, it's more about changing the whole essence than the mixing, just because so many things would change. Also, I think people are yearning for the following things: speed, speedy riffs, blast beats (speed), techinical solos.

I myself find the triple/double vocals as an avantgardish spice and the too-low-in-the-mix lead guitars something similar as what the too-low-in-the-mix basses present on albums such as Darkthrone's' Transilvanian Hunger, and in some of its ending moments.
Stabby - 18.11.2012 at 09:14
Written by Array on 18.11.2012 at 02:32

Written by Stabby on 18.11.2012 at 01:54

Yeah I want to hear more heaviness, technicality and shred from them on the next one. More straight-forwardness in songwriting and more direct communication between the vocals and guitars and the audience. It's like a churning sea of orchestration with Wintersun amid the waves. It's powerful and beautiful, and they're there and audible, but I'm feeling less Wintersun and more orchestra than I'd like to. That's not so bad, I like the compositions and I'm glad for these songs, but if that's all we're getting then that will be disappointing. Thankfully I don't think that's the case, since The Way Of The Fire sounds like it's exactly what I want to hear on Time II. I think that people who are fretting about this album could use a little more faith that since this is one half of the whole album and an arbitrarily determined half, it's not a complete reflection of the last 8 years of the band. Take these songs and intersperse them between songs that are half this and half 2004 Wintersun (like perhaps the whole thing...) and I'm one happy camper.

And if it's not like that then I'll eat my hat, but that's what seems most likely.

Disclaimer: This post does not address people who think that the mixing is bad, people who hate Wintersun, or people who think that the whole affair is a shitshow regardless of musical quality. Some of you may have valid points, but that's not what this is about.
Lit. - 18.11.2012 at 11:32
Life was so much better when we were waiting for the album.
INÆRIS - 18.11.2012 at 12:35
It's no wonder Jari drained so much CPU usage with all the plug-ins and software instruments he used. It's a very deep and dense mix, but at the same time, it makes the song lose its metal edge. At some moments I think the synth sounds are overkill because there is so much going on, but it is fairly well-balanced considering. This must have been a challenging mix. Probably a lot of compression and crazy volume automation.
Milena - 19.11.2012 at 15:01
Written by Stabby on 18.11.2012 at 09:14

^ speaking my mind again.
Stabby - 19.11.2012 at 21:12
Written by Milena on 19.11.2012 at 15:01

^ speaking my mind again.

I can see into your soul, Milena. It's very wintery (how did I know that?!?! Must be because I can). O_O
The Shape 1973 - 19.11.2012 at 22:52
I don't see the point of lyric videos. Read the booklet. Throw some confetti on the album cover. Job done.

News Winds Of Plague - New Lyric Video Released 5.5 25.10.2013 by Machiavelli
News Deathstars - Lyric Video For New Song Released 5.5 06.06.2014 by BlackEssence
News Accept - New Lyric Video Released 5.5 15.08.2014 by sharkruisher
News The Man-Eating Tree - Lyric Video For New Song Released 5.5 29.06.2014 by mz
News Arch Enemy - New Song And Lyric Video Released 5.5 28.04.2014 by ANGEL REAPER