Musicians from several prog groups are joining forces in the new band called Alpha Flood. This new band features past and present members of Frost*, Pain Of Salvation, Threshold, Darkwater and Neal Morse. Sounds promising? Alpha Flood is currently in the studio letting their creative juices flow and recording their debut album to be released in 2013.

The idea for the band originated in the mind of Dec Burke, former vocalist and guitar player of Frost* and Darwin's Radio. "I had the desire to form a band that would combine modern progressive rock and metal elements with more song-oriented music," Dec Burke explains. "And when time and opportunity presented itself to work with some world class musicians that I have respected and admired for many years, I went all in."

First on board was Collin Leijenaar, long time live drummer for Neal Morse: "While I was finishing my Affector album Dec called to ask if I would be interested in joining his new band. Being a fan of Dec's music, I jumped in without hesitating."

Kristoffer Gildenlöw (ex-Pain Of Salvation), Simon Andersson (Darkwater) and Richard West (Threshold) soon followed to complete the line up. Richard: "I wasn't looking to join another band but when I heard the music it was so compellingly beautiful that I couldn't resist."

Simon adds: "To be asked to form a band with these musicians was a true honour. Years ago I used to play along to their songs, imagining how it would be to be in a band with them. And now here we are. I'm thrilled!"

Dec: "As soon as we started writing music together it was obvious that there's an awesome chemistry between us. And rest assured, this is not a one-album project, but a band that's here to stay!"

Kristoffer ends: "We can't wait to bring this music to the stage and kick some serious ass!"

Alpha Flood line-up:

Dec Burke - vocals & guitars
Kristoffer Gildenlöw - bass guitars
Richard West - keyboards
Simon Andersson - guitars
Collin Leijenaar - drums

Source: facebook.com

Posted: 20.11.2012 by BloodTears

Comments

Unhealer - 20.11.2012 at 20:38
When I read ex-POS I was kinda hoping that Johan Langell had formed a new band, but this is good news also.
BloodTears - 20.11.2012 at 20:43
Written by Unhealer on 20.11.2012 at 20:38

I thought the same, but I guess it's early for that? Wasn't he doing solo stuff?
Unhealer - 20.11.2012 at 21:04
Written by BloodTears on 20.11.2012 at 20:43

Well, if I had used my brain for a few seconds I would have realized that since he left POS to be with his family, it would be ridiculous if he showed up with a new band of these proportions
He said he would continue making music, didn't say how... and didn't hear from him after that.
Stabby - 20.11.2012 at 21:05
Well I'm certainly interested! Thanks for keeping us posted.
Joodicator - 20.11.2012 at 23:11
Sounds like a great lineup. I can't shake the feeling that we'll get a lot of quality, but not much quantity though.
SceneryOfLoss - 20.11.2012 at 23:34
Sounds interesting!
Awesomesaurus - 21.11.2012 at 01:49
I just hope that they all will participate in the songwriting process, if that dude from Darwin's Radio is the main composer - we are doomed... his songs are always tedious and hard for listening even if you are a long-time prog fan.
BloodTears - 21.11.2012 at 13:02
Written by Awesomesaurus on 21.11.2012 at 01:49

Have you listened to Frost*? They are amazing!
Awesomesaurus - 21.11.2012 at 17:36
Written by BloodTears on 21.11.2012 at 13:02

Written by Awesomesaurus on 21.11.2012 at 01:49

Have you listened to Frost*? They are amazing!

Actually, I did, but just one CD called "Experiments in Mass Appeal", recently I am hooked on this Finnish prog metal band called Standing Ovation and their debut "The Antikythera Mechanism".

BloodTears - 21.11.2012 at 20:39
Quote:

Sounds interesting actually. Thanks for the suggestion. In that case, you need to listen to "Milliontown" from Frost*, it's brilliant

News Fear Factory - Members Form New Band With Threat Signal Singer 7 07.04.2008 by jupitreas
News Hangover Hero - New Band Ft. Former Delain, Epica, After Forever Members 6 04.08.2010 by BudDa
News Sabaton - Ex-Members Form New Band 5.5 27.05.2012 by Valentin B
News Sorrows - New Band Featuring Members Of Anaal Nathrakh, Bleeding Through & Combichrist 5.5 27.02.2010 by Got Mayhem?
News Savn - Midnattsol And The Sins Of Thy Beloved Members In New Band 5.5 19.07.2013 by Ismarmlp