Exciting news from the Cynic camp today. The progressive metallers have entered Perfect Sound studios in Hollywood, California to begin recording their new album. Their last album was released in 2008 (Traced In Air), followed by two EPs (Re-Traced and Carbon-Based Anatomy).

About the new material, drummer Sean Reinert said: "This album marks Cynic's 5th release. It's a bold new sound for Cynic and marks a gigantic leap in the band's progression. We've had a lot of time to let this material develop and gestate, and it finally feels ready to be unleashed on the world. I've been in trio mode with Malone and Masvidal flushing out a zillion and one details, and couldn't be happier about what's happening with these songs. They are truly alive!"

Early working titles for songs include "Endlessly Bountiful", "Moon Heart Sun Head", and "True Hallucination Speak".

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Cynic

Posted: 13.12.2012 by BloodTears

Comments

Unhealer - 13.12.2012 at 14:27
Quote:
I've been in trio mode with Malone and Masvidal

Oh dear lord.
Anyway, really expecting this record.
qlacs - 13.12.2012 at 17:12
I hope a Focus II at least, enough of the mild stuff. Although the songtitles are not really promising this way...
Lit. - 13.12.2012 at 17:52
I'm ready.
Cynic Metalhead - 13.12.2012 at 17:55
They have already released 3 title songs too.
a MasT - 13.12.2012 at 19:20
I really want to like this band but... no
seafood - 13.12.2012 at 21:58
I expect milder stuff, in the end Focus came out 19 years ago and they have moved away from tech death sound since then , but that's not necessarily bad. So for now ... a full length Cynic coming out , yay!
BloodTears - 14.12.2012 at 12:25
I was disappointed with Carbon-Based Anatomy. So, let's just hope it is better than that.
Opethian - 14.12.2012 at 18:59
Ehh
-Morbid- - 19.12.2012 at 12:24
Written by BloodTears on 14.12.2012 at 12:25

This, although I suppose I should give it a few more listens. Didn't really hold my interest after 1.5 listens so I just kinda moved on... =/
BloodTears - 19.12.2012 at 12:27
Written by -Morbid- on 19.12.2012 at 12:24

Written by BloodTears on 14.12.2012 at 12:25

I think you should definitely give it more listens even though there's no point if it does nothing for you after a while but it does grow a bit. In my case, that just wasn't enough.
nana.MD - 16.01.2013 at 21:25
Written by BloodTears on 14.12.2012 at 12:25

Really?? It's just different of their usual stuff but I really liked it...specially Box up my bones.
Can't wait to hear the new album!! Hope they come back soon...
BloodTears - 17.01.2013 at 10:40
Written by nana.MD on 16.01.2013 at 21:25

Written by BloodTears on 14.12.2012 at 12:25

Can't wait to hear the new album!! Hope they come back soon...

"Box Up My Bones" was good, just overall wasn't that impressive but that's just me because a lot of people where happy with where they were going I still think this album can be great though.
nana.MD - 08.02.2013 at 07:21
That's true, my favorite until now is Traced in air, I can listen to it over and over and over again and won't get sick...when I'm a little bit tense I listen to box up my bones, it kind of helps me cooling down...I hope it'll be!! i love this band
LeKiwi - 29.04.2013 at 00:39
Haven't tried to listen to this band in a while, ever since my first daunting experience with Focus, which I found a bit unrefined and rough for my prog tastes. Heard Traced in Air today and I have to say I really enjoyed it Haven't heard their latest EPs however this could be promising...

News Helloween - Enter The Studio To Start Recording New Album 8.5 24.04.2012 by Scuzzy McDouche
News Watain - In The Studio Recording New Album 8.5 19.01.2013 by StephenTheBoss
News Angelus Apatrida - In The Studio Recording New Album 8.5 15.12.2011 by Troy Killjoy
News Minsk - In The Studio Recording New Album 8.5 30.07.2014 by BitterCOld
News Amorphis - Back In The Studio Recording New Album, Out In 2011 8.5 01.10.2010 by MeloDeathViking