Norwegian gothic metal force Tristania is back in the studio to start recording the successor to Rubicon. Tristania's seventh full-length album is set to be released through Napalm Records in late May this year. The first part of the recording sessions (drums) will go ahead in Tanken Studio with engineer Fredrik Wallumrød, before the band moves to another studio where they will join the producer of the album. The band promises to release studio reports regularly throughout the process.

With Widow's Weeds and Beyond The Veil in their discography, can Tristania still deliver the goods and produce a stellar album? We will have to wait and see.

Source: tristania.com
Band profile: Tristania

Posted: 06.01.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

Draugen - 06.01.2013 at 14:39
Quote:

One can always hope but I highly doubt it.
Dark†SymphonY - 06.01.2013 at 14:46
Written by Draugen on 06.01.2013 at 14:39

Quote:

One can always hope but I highly doubt it.

I really don't think their going to go back to those albums. It will probably follow Rubicon in terms of music and vocals. Really disliked their choice of female singer as well.
BloodTears - 06.01.2013 at 15:03
I'm not saying they will go back to those albums at all. It would be good just if the new release brought something as brilliant as those albums in terms of quality.

I have moderate expectations for this one
Unhealer - 06.01.2013 at 15:12
Meh, I had never listened to Rubicon because I knew it was going to be shit. Until a few months ago when I decided I'd listen to it.
It was shit.
AnGina-- - 06.01.2013 at 15:13
This will, as from Ashes on, have a couple of great tracks, a few mediocre ones and of course 50% of the album will be fillers. That's what my gut is telling me. You can call me whiny, but I'm never gonna get over the fact the first half of Tristania's discography with pure brilliancy and the second is nowhere near.
Erik M. - 06.01.2013 at 16:45
Written by BloodTears on 06.01.2013 at 15:03

I have moderate expectations for this one

I have absolutely no hope that this will be the case. Those two albums were brilliant because of Morten Veland and Vibeke Stene. There are only two band members in Tristania now that were in the original line-up. Hell, even Østen Bergøy is gone, who was pretty much the last hope of the band if you ask me. With those three musicians gone, Tristania is pretty much non-existent for me. Note that I like all their albums a lot (even Illumination was great, because Vibeke is on it), except for Rubicon of course (can't stand the new singer to be honest).

In my opinion, they should change their name, because this band isn't Tristania anymore.
Erik M. - 06.01.2013 at 16:48
Written by Unhealer on 06.01.2013 at 15:12

It was shit.

Unhealer - 06.01.2013 at 17:02
Written by Erik M. on 06.01.2013 at 16:45

I think that the greatness came from the combo Veland + Moen, they wrote practically everything back then. Anyway, even if they stayed together I don't think things would be very different.
Veland released a couple of good/decent albums with Sirenia and then fell into mediocrity, and Hidle/Moen duet worked for a while with Tristania as well, now for Rubicon Moen almost didn't participate in the songwriting.
Erik M. - 06.01.2013 at 17:12
Written by Unhealer on 06.01.2013 at 17:02

Yeah, that's true I guess. But Vibeke's voice was characteristic for Tristania (at least for me it was). Sirenia was great when they started, since their first two albums are great, but unfortunately the albums after those are indeed of a lower quality for sure. It seems Veland has become a bit more commercial with his music, making it more accessible by using more female vocals and less male vocals (growls), along with simply being less original and creative.
Susan - 07.01.2013 at 06:22
Quote:

What the shit? That was well over a decade ago. Some bands evolve, change, and grow. This band is a perfect example of evolving, changing, and growing. I'm sorry whoever wrote this doesn't consider any of their other albums stellar. I do consider their albums "stellar," many people do (though not many Metal Stormers, strangely).

I love all of their albums and am excited for the next journey! Yesssss
BloodTears - 07.01.2013 at 11:32
Written by Susan on 07.01.2013 at 06:22

I love all of their albums and am excited for the next journey! Yesssss

I wrote that lol But I think people misunderstood me. I was just referring to good examples of their discography, not saying they don't evolve or grow. It wasn't a criticism at all
liveordie - 07.01.2013 at 22:44
Written by Erik M. on 06.01.2013 at 16:45

Written by BloodTears on 06.01.2013 at 15:03

I have moderate expectations for this one

If we think that way a lot of bands should change their name!
liveordie - 07.01.2013 at 22:47
Written by Susan on 07.01.2013 at 06:22

Quote:

I love all of their albums and am excited for the next journey! Yesssss

I agree with you Susan
E†han1994 - 23.01.2013 at 11:48
Written by liveordie on 07.01.2013 at 22:44

Written by Erik M. on 06.01.2013 at 16:45

If we think that way a lot of bands should change their name!

That pretty much sums up how I feel towards all the "change the name" comments that I've seen.
liveordie - 26.01.2013 at 02:23
Written by E†han1994 on 23.01.2013 at 11:48

Written by liveordie on 07.01.2013 at 22:44

Written by Erik M. on 06.01.2013 at 16:45

If we think that way a lot of bands should change their name!

News Subrosa - Begin Recording New Album 7.5 11.03.2013 by Draugen
News Cannibal Corpse - Begin Recording New Album This Weekend 7 14.02.2014 by Rikke
News Crystallion - Begin Recording New Album 7 08.02.2011 by Ellrohir
News Between The Buried And Me - Begin Recording New Album 7 17.05.2012 by infernaldeath87
News Coffins - Begin Recording New Album 7 23.01.2013 by Mr. Doctor