Finnish metal musician Tuomas Saukkonen stunned the local scene by announcing that he has disbanded all his previous projects (including Before The Dawn) and started a new one under the name Wolfheart. There will be a farewell show where Before The Dawn, Black Sun Aeon and Routasielu will get up on stage for the very last time.

When asked about the reasons for this turnover in an interview for KaaosZine, a Finnish music media, Saukkonen responds: "At some point I recognized I was just keeping the band alive and it didn't feel right anymore. I lost the passion to make music which is the main reason why I had a lot of side projects like Black Sun Aeon, RoutaSielu, Dawn Of Solace and The Final Harvest in the first place. Those were the bands where I had the ability to be artistically free and create what I wanted. Now when Before The Dawn is done it was logical for me to clean the table at once and start building something from scratch again."

On Wolfheart's musical foundations: "I will continue with this project by my own means but the main 'red' line in this new project is to create a band that has the energy of Before The Dawn and mix it with the low-tuned dark, heavy and epic atmosphere of Black Sun Aeon. Also at the same time I have had some northern warrior feeling into it so those are the main ingredients Wolfheart will contain. You can expect me to write more diverse songs now because I don't have to write songs for 3 to 4 different bands but instead I am only focusing into this one."

You can read the full interview here. (There is an English version).

Tuomas Saukkonen will also be doing an unplugged tour in Finland in February with a band consisting of members of Before The Dawn and Black Sun Aeon which will cover Before The Dawn, Black Sun Aeon and Dawn Of Solace songs acoustically.

Dates:

08.02. Nuclear Nightclub, Oulu
09.02. Amarillo, Lahti
15.02. Musta Kynnys, Jyväskylä
16.02. Rytmikatti, Kouvola

Source: kaaoszine.fi
Band profile: Before The Dawn

Posted: 11.01.2013 by Blizk

Comments

Dinruth - 11.01.2013 at 13:48
Can someone tell me why you need so many side projects when Before The Dawn is Melodeath, Black Sun Aeon and RoutaSielu are also labelled under the term melodeath? why not all release it as BtD tracks??
MauricioVeiga - 11.01.2013 at 13:53
You know, it's for the best, why keep all those separate bands and styles when you can mix them together and create something new and innovating
qlacs - 11.01.2013 at 14:53
Wow that sounds a little harsh...
Sznc - 11.01.2013 at 15:23
Some how Wolfheart / Wormlust jumped to my mind the second i read the title, but good luck to the man anyway.
Reaper_Redeamer - 11.01.2013 at 16:55
That movement was smart... He "cleans" the name of BtD and his other projects promising a new start, a new sound. But... Two fuckin problems... No new sound lol, from the teaser i feel like listening to all the different styles of composing from the previous bands into one project! Second one: what about the other musicians?? you leave them just for that "idea"? Very friendly
But lets hope to see a sign of originality in his next efforts cause this one did not succeeded in that...
Pitwulf93 - 11.01.2013 at 18:14
Hope its good, will be looking out for it.
FeskarN - 11.01.2013 at 18:53
Written by Dinruth on 11.01.2013 at 13:48

Indeed. He should just stay with Before The Dawn and release all his music under that name. All his other projects sounds so similair anyway..
Until the End - 11.01.2013 at 19:53
What a cack band name.
atmo1221 - 11.01.2013 at 21:21
I don't care for bandnames...as long as I feel the music. All his music is great.
dougver1 - 11.01.2013 at 21:42
There was already another band called Wolfheart a while back, they released a single album, but that was back in '99... wonder if that's gonna cause any trouble!
Milena - 11.01.2013 at 23:14
He's like a dude who keeps deleting accounts and coming up with new ones.

Eh, if he's a happy person, I'm a happy person, since this doesn't concern me in any way, but I like happy people
Array - 11.01.2013 at 23:32
Written by Milena on 11.01.2013 at 23:14

He's like a dude who keeps deleting accounts and coming up with new ones.

Well actually it does a bit since Janica (Lunar Path) shot the man and the dog. And you have reviewed Lunar Path.
Dark Blood - 12.01.2013 at 01:12
Ain't that a kick in the nuts... Now that I was enjoying Before the Dawn like a madman. Not a great way to start the year, but well, if he thinks that was the best course of action and he's happy, good for I him.

The teaser sounds good though and I'll turn my attention to that now.
Risto - 12.01.2013 at 01:41
Written by Milena on 11.01.2013 at 23:14

He's like a dude who keeps deleting accounts and coming up with new ones.

Yeah, the sound he's created is so recognisable and coherent regardless of all the different monikers At least now the situation with his projects is what I've hoped it would be, so I'm looking forward to the next effort more than usual.
LeKiwi - 12.01.2013 at 16:35
First Textures, now this.....depressing week...
Mr. Doctor - 12.01.2013 at 17:00
Written by Milena on 11.01.2013 at 23:14
He's like a dude who keeps deleting accounts and coming up with new ones.

If you are referring to the person I think you are referring to... I will laugh, think you are awesome and send you an internet high-five.
Milena - 14.01.2013 at 13:18
Written by Mr. Doctor on 12.01.2013 at 17:00

Written by Milena on 11.01.2013 at 23:14
He's like a dude who keeps deleting accounts and coming up with new ones.

*watches and thoughtfully smiles*
bladefall - 14.01.2013 at 13:21
I've heard he got a nickname:"Tyrant"! Is that true? However,his music is great indeed!
DevilHunter330 - 13.02.2013 at 16:45
This is really sad...I mean Before The Dawn had a massive place in my life...and it's no more
but at the same time i'm happy cuz I have great faith in Tuomas ... and I'm more than sure that he'll make something DIVINE as usual

News Before The Dawn - New Album Teaser Online And Bonus Tracks Unveiled 9.5 09.02.2012 by
News Wolfheart - Tuomas Saukkonen's Project Second Album Teaser 9 06.08.2013 by BloodJuNkie
News Wolfheart - Debut Album Details And New Teaser 9 19.08.2013 by BloodJuNkie
News Before The Dawn - Sign With Nuclear Blast Records 7.5 23.12.2010 by Luneth
News Before The Dawn - Entire New Album Streaming Online 7.5 20.02.2011 by Justicelust