Black Sabbath's new studio album, one of the most anticipated releases of the year, already has a title. It will be called 13, so it is only fitting that the heavy metal band announced it today, on January 13th. We know now that it will be released this June (the exact date will be revealed later). The band also revealed what everyone wanted to know: who was the drummer that joined the recording sessions for the new album.

The original Black Sabbath line-up, Ozzy Osbourne (vocals), Tony Iommi (guitar) and Geezer Butler (bass), recorded the album primarily in Los Angeles and were joined at the sessions by drummer Brad Wilk of Rage Against The Machine fame.

13 was produced by Rick Rubin and the album will be released on Vertigo (worldwide) and Vertigo/Republic in the US. The new studio album also marks the band's return to Vertigo, their original label, apart from being the group's first studio album together since 1978's Never Say Die.

Black Sabbath scheduled tour dates:

Source: blacksabbath.com
Band profile: Black Sabbath

Posted: 13.01.2013 by BloodTears

Comments page 2 of 2

‹‹ Back to the News Pages: 1 [2]

Misfit74 - 15.01.2013 at 00:48
I think I'll keep my expectations tempered and prepare to be mildly surprised. This one could go either way.
M C Vice - 15.01.2013 at 08:51
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 14.01.2013 at 12:51

Written by M C Vice on 14.01.2013 at 12:49

Or they could've been nicer to Bill.

that too, but it was also partly Bill's own fault.
As for your Cozy suggestion, would be funny to see him behind a drum kit now

A bit of glue, some string and a good puppeteer and she'll be right, mate.
Btw, did they ever say why Bill pulled out? I know he's got a history of bad health, he even pulled out of one or two earlier reunions because of a heart attack, but I'm sure they would have said so if that was the reason.
Identitarian - 15.01.2013 at 14:21
I think I'll be hated for this statement, but I really do not like the Ozzy fronted version of Black Sabbath. To be honest, I prefer the Tony Martin era. I like all of Black Sabbath's former vocalist, apart from Ozzy. But he is still a legend, so I'll still buy the album. Who knows, one might be surprised. But the album title´s just horrible.
a MasT - 13.02.2013 at 19:48
Written by Identitarian on 15.01.2013 at 14:21

I agree completely, Martin and Dio.

Pages: 1 [2]

News Black Sabbath - Release New Album Cover And Audio Snippet 10.5 05.04.2013 by Angelic Storm
News Heaven And Hell - To Record New Album In 2008 10.5 27.10.2007 by iaberis
News Enslaved - Unveil New Album Title And Artwork 8.5 10.07.2012 by Troy Killjoy
News Almah - Unveil New Album Cover And Title 8.5 05.07.2013 by Kuroboshi