Last year, Metallica announced that they would releasing a 3D movie and now the band has revealed a little bit more about it. It will be titled Metallica Through The Never and it is coming to theatres near you on August 9th via independent film marketing and distribution company Picturehouse. It was written and directed by Nimród Antal.

Band update: "We're back with an update on that little project we told you about last year... the Metallica 3D movie filmed in Vancouver in August of 2012. Some of you were kind enough to be a huge part of our three nights of filming and may be wondering just what the heck has been happening since then. Throughout the Fall and first part of this year, we've been working with director Nimród Antal and a team of editors to pull all the pieces together and so we are beyond excited to now actually have a release date and a title... drum-roll please, Metallica Through The Never coming to theatres on August 9!

We're also proud to announce that we will be teaming up with independent film marketing and distribution company Picturehouse to help us spread the love in theatres. Like your friends in 'Tallica, Picturehouse is truly independent, take big chances and often think outside of the box. Founder Bob Berney has overseen the releases of two of the most successful independent films ever, My Big Fat Greek Wedding and The Passion of the Christ, while under his leadership Picturehouse acquired and released such acclaimed features as Pan's Labyrinth (winner of three Academy Awards and La Vie en Rose (winner of two Academy Awards, including best actress for Marion Cotillard) as well as many other cutting edge, critically acclaimed and award winning films. It goes without saying that we are really just getting rolling here and will have many more updates for you. And of course, we can't wait for you to see the film!"

According to Picturehouse, "Metallica Through The Never is a feature film starring members of the iconic rock band and Dane DeHaan (Chronicle, The Amazing Spider-Man 2). DeHaan plays a young band crew member who is sent out on an urgent mission while the band is playing a rousing live set in front of a sold-out crowd and unexpectedly finds his world turned completely upside down. The film, written and directed by Nimród Antal (Kontroll, Predators), is due in theaters August 9."

Source: metallica.com
Band profile: Metallica

Posted: 16.01.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

gav1230 - 16.01.2013 at 18:56
Why are they messing around with this instea of working on that album?!!
errorcode99 - 16.01.2013 at 19:07
The cash cow goes moo!
ImperialTroll - 16.01.2013 at 19:34
LMAO! I can't imagine who would go watch this the worst money grabbing idea since...EVER!
bitethepain - 16.01.2013 at 19:42
I can't wait to see this! Metallica is the best metal band in the world!
BudDa - 16.01.2013 at 19:44
Introspekrieg - 16.01.2013 at 19:44
These guys continue to push the boundaries of music with their experimentation. With the solid momentum of their latest masterpiece, I expect them to continue spoiling us with the fruits of their genius. As with all true art, there will be plenty of detractors and naysayers.
Lit. - 16.01.2013 at 19:49
Written by Introspekrieg on 16.01.2013 at 19:44

Finally! Someone who speaks English in the thread full of bandwagon-hopping, poor spelling, improper capitalization and too many smilies.
Jtbmetal123 - 16.01.2013 at 19:57
A live Metallica show in 3D? This will be interesting.
Shorlack - 16.01.2013 at 20:15
Nemo Atkins - 16.01.2013 at 20:23
Written by Lit. on 16.01.2013 at 19:49

Written by Introspekrieg on 16.01.2013 at 19:44

Finally! Someone who speaks english in the thread full of bandwagon-hopping, poor spelling, improper capitalization and too many smilies.

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic (except the last sentence, which, even if he was, had a very good point behind it: art is subjective and there are many people willing to voice their dislike about it)

Anyway, I've pretty much lost interest in Metallica recently (not out of joining a bandwagon, it's just that finding a lot of other stuff I wanted to listen to has resulted in them being displaced), but I'd be lying if part of me wasn't saying "This is gonna be interesting". That said, it sounds like it's just your standard Metallica concert, only it's going to be in 3D.

So, unless they do something special for this, it's probably pointless if you've already seen them live, but worth a look at if you haven't. Since I'm in the latter group, I'll keep up with developments.
Mechaniacal - 16.01.2013 at 20:25
ANGEL REAPER - 16.01.2013 at 20:29
Metallica is making a movie,Nightwish is making a movie, Burzum is making a move?! what is this shit
BloodTears - 16.01.2013 at 20:29
Introspekrieg sarcastic? Never
bj_waters - 16.01.2013 at 20:50
I find it amusing that Metallica are somehow trying to reach this bizarre niche of independent mainstream. In one sentence, they're talking about being progressive and innovative, and in the next, name-dropping all of these Oscar winners of fairly well-known movies. I mean, the whole idea of a band as large as Metallica "going independent" strikes me as just a little silly. I'm surprised people on forums like these haven't rolled their eyes out of the heads.

Nevertheless, I have to admit I'm curious. I won't be hunting down movie theaters come August, but I might watch it someday. If there's one thing to be said about Metallica, they're certainly very hard to ignore. Whether they succeed or fail, they never do anything mediocre. Will this be a train wreck or can they still surprise us with something that's actually pretty good? (Note: I liked Death Magnetic enough to consider it their best album since Ride the Lightning, just so you know who you're dealing with.)
Jaeryd - 16.01.2013 at 21:02
Written by Lit. on 16.01.2013 at 19:49

*English.
So much for proper capitalization.

I think I'll see this movie, but only a pirated copy. You know, to piss off Lars.
Lit. - 16.01.2013 at 21:13
Written by Jaeryd on 16.01.2013 at 21:02

Watch out, we got a bad-ass over here.
Nemo Atkins - 16.01.2013 at 21:44
Written by BloodTears on 16.01.2013 at 20:29

Introspekrieg sarcastic? Never

I honestly never noticed him before now.
nille - 16.01.2013 at 21:51
Tell me that you Metal music is a world apart from the Metallica so thought it trade???

I am really sorry for this group .......

I think Cliff Burton, who died ... Metallica was destroyed ...:noidea:
LICH - 16.01.2013 at 22:00
You can almost here that 12 year old in the background screaming SULL OUT! im gonna see it because ive never seen metallica live and since i live in ireland i probably never will.
Jaeryd - 16.01.2013 at 22:10
Written by Lit. on 16.01.2013 at 21:13

Written by Jaeryd on 16.01.2013 at 21:02

Watch out, we got a bad-ass over here.

You forgot to use the picture from the meme.
Lit. - 17.01.2013 at 00:27
Written by Jaeryd on 16.01.2013 at 22:10

You forgot to use the picture from the meme.

Well, I don't use pics unless I wanna get in trouble with the mods. None of us do.
Except for you apparently.
Jaeryd - 17.01.2013 at 01:20
Written by Lit. on 17.01.2013 at 00:27

Except for you apparently.

Indeed I do.

"Breaking the law, breaking the law"

Technically we're not supposed to be this off-topic, either. But whatever. I was just making a dumb joke. I'll edit it soon enough. No war necessary between us. No matter how much you seem to have something against me, no matter how much you dislike me, I love you.

You hear me? I love you, Lit.

And I may not be a smart man, but I know what love is.

So, back on topic. What kind of movie could they possibly make that will save their career from what Lulu did to them? Not even the 3D aspect can pull them out of that mess (although, as we all know, 3D movies are the most spectacular thing in existence, being precisely 3 times as HD as 1080p). The premise, though not much is revealed and therefore no fair judgement can be made as of yet, seems completely uninteresting. I doubt that I'll ever go see this. I was making a joke about getting a pirated copy to piss off Lars, but seriously, unless I see this for free, I doubt I'll ever watch it.

Of course, I can't really know anything until I know more about what the film is about or what it's going to be like, so I'm pretty much just spewing out statements prematurely. Reminds me of my sex life.

Wait...
Lit. - 17.01.2013 at 01:58
Written by Jaeryd on 17.01.2013 at 01:20

Written by Lit. on 17.01.2013 at 00:27

Except for you apparently.

Indeed I do.

"Breaking the law, breaking the law"

You hear me? I love you, Lit.

And I may not be a smart man, but I know what love is.

Egigantea - 17.01.2013 at 07:13
Will this movie be better than "Scooby Doo meets Slayer" ?
M C Vice - 17.01.2013 at 09:39
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 16.01.2013 at 20:29

But when will King Diamond or Queensryche start doing it? Abigail and Operation minecrime would make good films.
master 666 - 31.01.2013 at 06:48
I m sorry for this band Metallica is ...........................
Group destroyed and we must accept
This movie is only to destroy
I think Cliff Burton, who died ... Metallica was destroyed

News Blindead - New Album Title And Release Date Revealed 8.5 24.08.2013 by Góral
News Blackguard - New Album Title, Cover Art And Release Date Revealed 8.5 08.01.2011 by
News Chimaira - New Album Title And Release Date Revealed 8.5 21.04.2013 by Cynic Metalhead
News Demon Hunter - New Album Title And Release Date Revealed 8.5 10.01.2010 by StarBarer
News Týr - Album Title And Release Date Revealed 8.5 20.02.2008 by HardSide