Eternal Tears Of Sorrow have announced that Massacre Records is going to release a digital 2-track single, titled Dark Alliance, worldwide (excluding Japan and Finland) on February 8th, 2013. The single is a precursor to the band's new upcoming album Saivon Lapsi, which was recorded at the Tico-Tico Studio with Ahti Kortelainen and Janne Tolsa in spring, 2012. It was mixed by Mikko Karmila and mastered by Mika Jussila. The album will be released on February 22nd via Massacre Records.

More album details were previously reported here and here. You can also check out and listen to the snippets of these two tracks at this location.

Dark Alliance tracks:

01. Dark Alliance
02. Baptized By The Blood Of Angels

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Eternal Tears Of Sorrow

Posted: 04.02.2013 by Abattoir

Comments

Seita - 04.02.2013 at 14:11
I love Eternal Tears Of Sorrow but it's rather lame that the b-side is a song from the last album ...
Risto - 04.02.2013 at 14:15
Massacre Records is probably to blame for that. There are lengthy samples of the songs here and "Dark Alliance" sounds as generic as "Swan Saivo", unfortunately.
Seita - 04.02.2013 at 18:48
Written by Risto on 04.02.2013 at 14:15

Oh yeah, I am sure it's Massacre as well; they probably figure newcomers will be more likely to buy two albums instead of one by hearing one song from each. Unfortunately the sample of Dark Alliance does sound a bit by-the-numbers but I will wait to make any definitive calls until I hear the album in full a couple times. Thusfar I love everything the band has done in their career.
Risto - 04.02.2013 at 18:54
Written by Guest on 04.02.2013 at 18:48

Yeah, based on the German iTunes Store samples (duration 1:30 per song) there's some interesting stuff. For example all vocals heard in the sample of Act III are in Finnish.
JÄY - 04.02.2013 at 19:11
I think these guys lost it after Virgin
Seita - 04.02.2013 at 23:10
Written by Risto on 04.02.2013 at 18:54

Written by Guest on 04.02.2013 at 18:48

That sounds promising! I am excited to hear the new album, I guess there's not all that much time to wait now really, less than a month. I wish more Finnish bands would utilize Finnish, it's a beautiful language.
kaspair - 14.02.2013 at 17:33
Now where is it?

News Eternal Tears Of Sorrow - New Single Online 10 05.02.2009 by zaL
News Eternal Tears Of Sorrow - Working On New Album 9 17.06.2011 by Întunecatul
News Eternal Tears Of Sorrow - New Album Cover And Video Released 9 31.12.2012 by Dark Blood
News Eternal Tears Of Sorrow - New Album Title And Tracklist Revealed 9 13.11.2012 by Fallen Ghost
News Eternal Tears Of Sorrow - New Record Deal 8.5 10.05.2008 by Bad English