Iconic thrash metallers Megadeth revealed today the title of their upcoming album due to be released in June 2013. Super Collider was the chosen name for the fourteenth full-length studio album. Megadeth's Super Collider is the first release through Mustaine's new label, Tradecraft, to be distributed worldwide by Universal Music Enterprises.

Mustaine said during a break in the sessions: "It was a real thrill for us to learn there was an opportunity to join Universal. It seems like every time you see a great band or music video, it comes from the Universal label. Being with Universal is by far the most exciting and prestigious home for Megadeth ever! We are electrified with what the future holds and the possibilities such a powerhouse like Universal will bring for us all. We have worked with some great people over the years, and it is amazing to see so many of them on the Universal team for our new record, Super Collider. If Megadeth being here isn't satiating enough, having Tradecraft as my own label is going to be really amazing for metal bands around the world."

Mustaine added: "Shawn, Chris and David have all been feverishly contributing some great music and I believe we are doing our best work ever together in the studio right now!"

"Megadeth is not just one of the most successful metal bands, but one of the most influential rock bands of the past 30 years," said UMe President/CEO Bruce Resnikoff in making the announcement. "They continue to be a huge draw on the road with their longtime fans as well as continually adding new fans. I look forward to working together with them."

Along with the details about their upcoming album, the band revealed that they will tour in the UK, headlining shows in Newcastle, Glasgow, Manchester and London. The tickets go onsaleat 9 a.m. on Friday, February 15th, and are available from here or over here.

Megadeth's tour dates in the UK:

Jun 3 - Newcastle Academy
Jun 4 - Glasgow Academy
Jun 5 - Manchester Academy
Jun 6 - London Brixton Academy

Source: megadeth.com
Band profile: Megadeth

Posted: 12.02.2013 by AndMetalForAll

Comments

Alex Fenger - 12.02.2013 at 20:52
Looking forward to another crappy excuse for an album... oh wait, no I'm not.
Machiavelli - 12.02.2013 at 22:36
Low expectations here... Super Colon will likely what I will dub it... still I will eat my words if it is any good.
ImperialTroll - 12.02.2013 at 23:39
Hey, at least its not Four14teen
AngelofDeth - 13.02.2013 at 08:16
TradeCraft??? Craft and Trade are pretty similar words and just sound reundant when put together... terrible label name.

And Super Collider is a funny title as well but it sounds pretty 80s so I can dig, hopefully it will be better that 13.
Opethian - 13.02.2013 at 08:23
I cant fathom why fans of Megadeth continue to hang on this group?? JUMP FUCKING SHIP ALREADY!!!
CWA - 13.02.2013 at 21:54
Quote:

I'm pretty certain it's a reference to the super collider in Switzerland, look it up if you don't know about it.
qlacs - 14.02.2013 at 09:12
Hopefully it refers to that, although I agree with AngelofDeth, but I have my worries that MegaDave won't live again the 80's... Ah god I could use a Peace Sells II
DeathSlyzer - 16.02.2013 at 09:06
I don't know if this sounds weird, but when I read the part where it said the record is gonna be called Super Collider, I got a really REALLY bad feeling. Hopefully, I'm just an idiot who doesn't know what to think!

News Cult Of Luna - Announce New Album Title And European Tour 10 05.10.2012 by Pazdzioch
News Six Feet Under - Announce New Album Title And European Tour Dates 10 15.03.2012 by Iron Nostarion
News Clutch - Announce New Album Title And World Tour 10 18.10.2012 by WorpeX
News Dark Moor - Announce New Album Title And Cover Artwork 8.5 11.04.2013 by The Warrior
News Revocation - Announce New Album Title, Tour With Crowbar 8.5 03.07.2014 by deadone