EMI has announced that it will be releasing yet another Iron Maiden DVD. This time it will be the double disc Maiden England '88 on March 25th. Now available for the very first time on DVD, this live show was filmed across two sold-out nights at Birmingham N.E.C Arena, UK in November 1988 during the band's Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son World Tour. The Maiden England '88 concert soundtrack will also be made available on 2CD album, limited edition double vinyl picture disc and digital download formats. You can watch the trailer on the video below and check out the tracklist.

Disc one contains the concert which has been specially upgraded and extended from the existing 1989 longform VHS release and now includes three previously unreleased encores: "Running Free", "Run To The Hills" and "Sanctuary" thereby completing the full concert with a total running time of 110 minutes. As well as the VHS stereo sound track by Martin Birch, the band's producer between 1981 and 1993, the DVD also includes a brand new 5.1 audio surround mix by Maiden's current producer Kevin Shirley. Disc two is an extensive bonus disc featuring an exclusive documentary charting Part 3 in the History of Iron Maiden. This 40-minute film comprises recent interviews with the five band members and manager, Rod Smallwood.

Other special extras on the bonus disc include Twelve Wasted Years. First released as a longform VHS in 1987 and available for the first time on DVD, this documentary runs for 90 minutes and includes archive interviews and dynamic live footage from the band's beginnings in the now legendary Ruskin Arms pub, via London's Marquee club and three World Tours.

Manager Rod Smallwood comments: "We've been busy upgrading this concert footage for a long time, with our in-house film producer and director Andy Matthews working tirelessly to weave his magic yet again! The 1989 VHS video has been largely unavailable for many years and we know how eagerly our fans have been awaiting the new version so we wanted to give it the best possible treatment. The current Maiden England World Tour which continues later this year revisits much of the set list and production from the initial 1989 VHS release so it will be interesting to compare just how much has changed in terms of our 2013 live show production, especially with all the advances in modern technology and the improvements we've been able to make to the set."

Disc I - Maiden England '88

07. The Clairvoyant [promo video]

Source: ironmaiden.com
Band profile: Iron Maiden

Posted: 14.02.2013 by Kallis Helmi

Comments

Unhealer - 14.02.2013 at 14:30
They noticed Dream Theater is on their way to catch 'em up on the amount of released DVDs.
lingus99 - 14.02.2013 at 15:14
Although this is ANOTHER DVD release from them, I don't see this one as being so pointless. This show is amazing and completely has them at their peak.

Looking forward to it.
Amatsu Mikaboshi - 14.02.2013 at 15:32
Couldn't this have now been a Blu-ray? Even Gojira has beat them in that regard first.....
bblitz - 14.02.2013 at 16:12
Thank God!!! It was about time they are releasing it,been waiting for years to this release.
Thank you Iron Maiden that you exist on this world!! Now that you are coming in July to my little country
I must say I will work very hard to collect money for Maiden England DVD and concert in Zagreb,our
nations capital.And of course concert is amazingly magical.
Maco - 14.02.2013 at 18:10
Good news, i guess...
Marcel Hubregtse - 14.02.2013 at 18:16
Finally on DVD now I can throw away my worn out VHS tape of it
BloodTears - 14.02.2013 at 18:38
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 14.02.2013 at 18:16

Finally on DVD now I can throw away my worn out VHS tape of it

You do? I thought you hated Iron Maiden
Marcel Hubregtse - 14.02.2013 at 18:42
Written by BloodTears on 14.02.2013 at 18:38

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 14.02.2013 at 18:16

Finally on DVD now I can throw away my worn out VHS tape of it

You do? I thought you hated Iron Maiden

Hate Iron Maiden? I frigging own The Soundhouse Tapes demo 7"
I only hate ALL their stuff after Seventh Son and find SOmewhere in Time to be extremely weak. And prefer Maiden with DiAnno to Maiden with Dick-in-son.
BloodTears - 14.02.2013 at 18:47
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 14.02.2013 at 18:42

Hate Iron Maiden? I frigging own The Soundhouse Tapes demo 7"

Really? Somewhere in Time is actually my favourite album by them. I also liked Di'Anno a lot but I don't prefer him to Dick. Are you one of those people who thinks it's weird when Dick sings Di'Anno songs?
Marcel Hubregtse - 14.02.2013 at 18:52
Written by BloodTears on 14.02.2013 at 18:47

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 14.02.2013 at 18:42

Hate Iron Maiden? I frigging own The Soundhouse Tapes demo 7"

no, it is normal for a new vocalist to sing songs from previous vocalists, but Dickinson just doesn't do them too well, which is a shame. But then again his over the top kind of singing is not suited for those songs. Bruce totally lacks the punk attitude both vocally and as a stage persona which Paul had.
Ellrohir - 14.02.2013 at 21:18
Another Maiden DVD? who would say...
Marcel Hubregtse - 14.02.2013 at 21:25
Written by Ellrohir on 14.02.2013 at 21:18

Another Maiden DVD?

not really, because this was already released in 1989 as VHS. So it's just only now being treated to a DVD release with some extra stuff, so that people who don't own a VHS player can also watch it And be honest this was from when Iron Maiden were still good.
Cynic Metalhead - 15.02.2013 at 07:10
Old formula

Live shows, TV appearances, live show, new DVD, new album.

atleast, that's how they introduced.
qlacs - 15.02.2013 at 11:25
Kinda could've used this 6 years ago... back in the day my pal had a VHS-DVD soemthing and he copied the VHS on a disc...
Silent Jay - 15.02.2013 at 19:37
I never got the VHS so this DVD is a great release for me. The extra's, such as part III of the history, is great for the fans especially those who have been collecting these 'History of Iron Maiden' releases. Its a good call. Interesting to see what part IV will cover... No Prayer' through to Virtual XI maybe?
Bad English - 17.02.2013 at 00:03
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 14.02.2013 at 21:25

Written by Ellrohir on 14.02.2013 at 21:18

Another Maiden DVD?

you still have VHS player?
x-avier - 18.02.2013 at 03:18
This is by far the best set list I've heard from any live CD or DVD from Iron Maiden. What I dunno understand is why they couldn't release it on Blu-Ray? But still a most have for fans.
Azarath - 19.02.2013 at 20:03
I'm definitely getting this. It would have been nice if they had found some footage from the Somewhere in Time tour as well (maybe with "Walking on Glass"), like how the Live After Death DVD had Rock in Rio '85 and The Early Days DVD had stuff from several different shows.

But we're finally getting Maiden England, so why complain?
Lord_Regnier - 27.02.2013 at 01:59
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 14.02.2013 at 21:25

Written by Ellrohir on 14.02.2013 at 21:18

Another Maiden DVD?

Even if it is another Maiden DVD, I don't consider this release pointless at all, indeed. I have it on VHS and it was a great show.
Like you're saying, this was when Maiden were still good.

The pointless DVDs are the ones they release every fucking tour since Dickinson's comeback.

News Iron Maiden - New DVD Trailer Online 10.5 23.01.2012 by Icy
News Iron Maiden - Behind The Beast Documentary Trailer Online 9 20.03.2012 by ruffio
News Iron Maiden - New Video Online 7.5 13.07.2010 by Valentin B
News Iron Maiden - To Release New Live DVD 7.5 17.01.2012 by Angelic Storm
News Iron Maiden - Bringing Maiden England Tour To France 7.5 07.10.2012 by Valentin B