UPDATE: There has been new developments after Slayer's drummer Dave Lombardo released a statement claiming he had been kicked off the band's Australian tour. Slayer has now responded and explained the decision to replace him in a statement issued a few hours ago:

"Slayer confirms that Jon Dette will drum for the band on its Australian tour that starts this Saturday, February 23 in Brisbane. As regards Dave Lombardo's Facebook post, Slayer does not agree with Mr. Lombardo's substance or the timeline of the events, except to acknowledge that Mr. Lombardo came to the band less than a week before their scheduled departure for Australia to present an entirely new set of terms for his engagement that were contrary to those that had been previously agreed upon.

The band was unable to reach an agreement on these new demands in the short amount of time available prior to leaving for Australia. There is more to the account than what Mr. Lombardo has offered, but out of respect to him, Slayer will not be commenting further. Slayer is grateful to its Australian fans for their understanding of this unfortunate last-minute change, and very much looks forward to seeing them at these shows."

Original news, published on 21.02.2013

We might have the first contender for drama of the year. Thrash masters Slayer longtime drummer Dave Lombardo has released a surprising statement regarding the band's upcoming tour. It seems that the drummer has been fired from their Australian tour.

Full statement from Dave Lombardo: ''I want to personally apologize to all of our fans in Australia who have bought tickets for the tour expecting to see me in my usual place on the drums. So that you all know the truth, as of the end of the business day on February 14th, I was notified that I would not be drumming for the tour in Australia. I'm saddened, and to be honest I am shocked by the situation.

Last year, I discovered 90% of Slayer's tour income was being deducted as expenses including the professional fees paid to management, costing the band millions of dollars and leaving 10% or less to split amongst the four of us. In my opinion, this is not the way a band's business should operate. I tried rectifying it by letting my band mates know, and Tom and I hired auditors to figure out what happened, but I was denied access to detailed information and the necessary back up documents.

I spent the Christmas and New Year holidays realizing I had toured all over the world in 2012, but yet, had not been paid (except a small advance) or provided a proper accounting for a full year's sweat and blood. On top of this, I was told that I would not be paid until I signed a long form contract which gave me no written assurance of how much or on what basis management would deduct commissions, nor did it provide me access to the financial budgets or records for review. It also forbade me to do interviews or make statements having to do with the band, in effect a gagging order.

Last Monday, I sat down with Kerry and Tom to rehearse for Australia and to propose a new business model that I felt was the best way forward for Slayer to confidently protect itself so we could do what we do best... play for the fans. Kerry made it clear he wasn't interested in making changes and said if I wanted to argue the point, he would find another drummer. On Thursday, I arrived at rehearsals at 1 pm as scheduled, but Kerry did not show. Rather, at 6:24 pm I received an email from the lawyers saying I was being replaced for the Australian dates.

I remain hopeful that we can resolve our issues. But once again, I sincerely apologize to all of our fans in Australia who spent their money expecting to see the 3 of us original Slayer members. I look forward to seeing you in the future. Sincerely, Dave Lombardo."

The band has yet to release an official statement about this matter and some reports indicate that Jon Dette will be filling in for Dave in Australia.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Slayer

Posted: 22.02.2013 by HaaskAksaaH

Comments

In Bone Factory - 21.02.2013 at 12:43
What a Shame for other 3 members!!!
Kingface - 21.02.2013 at 12:49
If Dave's side of the story is true then Kerry is, as I've always suspected, a dickhead.
Bad English - 21.02.2013 at 13:00
He maybe shood wear oragne t shirt
I hope Kerry King be fired, I dont like King
Ruin - 21.02.2013 at 13:09
What the f*** is wrong with kerry, the smelly bastrad ! :|
Athropos - 21.02.2013 at 13:28
Man, this band is legendary, they have millions of fans around the world, they gain millions of dollars, they're "fucking metal", and yet they find a way to fuck everything up for money...
Warman - 21.02.2013 at 14:02
Written by Athropos on 21.02.2013 at 13:28

Well, if what Lombardo is saying is true, I'd also be kinda pissed.
Athropos - 21.02.2013 at 14:05
Written by Warman on 21.02.2013 at 14:02

Well, if what Lombardo is saying is true, I'd also be kinda pissed.

I know, I'm not blaming Lombardo but the band in general...
Warman - 21.02.2013 at 14:07
Written by Athropos on 21.02.2013 at 14:05

I know, I'm not blaming Lombardo but the band in general...

Ah, okay. Got it!
Pitwulf93 - 21.02.2013 at 14:12
Shit, one of the few bands I thought would stay strong till the very end. But now with Jeff possibly never returning and Dave getting fired and Tom already having problems with his neck...could this be the downfall of Slayer? I hope not. While I never saw them as musical geniusses, they still are one of the most metal bands out there.
Rulatore - 21.02.2013 at 14:21
That. was. harsh. Man, if what he says is true, I'ld be very pissed with Kerry, the guy just seemed to be the "owner" of the band and do whatever he wants with it and really doesn't want to hear some opinions.

What a shame, right before a possibly new album and without Jeff too.
Jtbmetal123 - 21.02.2013 at 14:41
Thats bullshit. Slayer is going to crap, Jeff is about to die and now this. RIP Slayer.
HaaskAksaaH - 21.02.2013 at 15:03
SUPPORT US GUYZ !!

Unhealer - 21.02.2013 at 15:07
Looks like Dave had a very turmoiled Valentine's Day...
If what he says is true, he did the right thing in trying to propose a new model. And it sounds like if "the management" is actually Kerry King.

Written by HaaskAksaaH on 21.02.2013 at 15:03

SUPPORT US GUYZ !!

Like this is going change to anything...
CHEF METALHEAD - 21.02.2013 at 15:14
The headline should be," KERRY KING Kicked Off Australian Tour"... Keep him off the tour so he can sit home and not make shit and see how it feels... What a fucking Dick !!!
Sangre Sani - 21.02.2013 at 15:31
Kerry always been a douchebag
Daniell - 21.02.2013 at 15:59
So he realised just now, after such a long time? Strange, to say the least.

Don't judge Kerry prematurely, listen to both sides first. i'm sure Slayer will issue a statement to address Lombardo's words.
Paradox0 - 21.02.2013 at 16:19
This reads like some kind of conspiracy involving King embezzling from Slayer.

I wouldn't be surprised knowing how much of an asshole King is.
Amatsu Mikaboshi - 21.02.2013 at 16:23
This issue isn't actually far off from what Black Sabbath and Bill Ward have had in conjunction to each other. Its best to know both sides before I get sympathy, although I doubt that anything can topple Dave's statement. There's some shocking things in there it seems....
Malphas - 21.02.2013 at 16:30
You really had a doubt that kerry is a "dickhead"? well, this should clear all of your doubts lol

and i think this is not just a contender but we already have our winner for the "drama of the year" award xD
HaaskAksaaH - 21.02.2013 at 16:42
Billy Ward ... Black Sabbath ...

Mike Portnoy ... Dream Theater ...

And now ... Dave Lombardo ... SLAYER! ...

---

The Story of Drummers ... The Story of oppression ... It seems as a totally true story that drummers are on back so they are the most vulnerable for oppression from frontmen ...
SSM - 21.02.2013 at 16:46
Money, so they say
Is the root of all evil today
But if you ask for a rise it's no surprise that
They're giving none away, away, away...!
BlueMobius - 21.02.2013 at 18:38
Written by Daniell on 21.02.2013 at 15:59

So he realised just now, after such a long time? Strange, to say the least.

He has quit the band a few times and had issues with members before, so I don't think there is any new realization here. If anything, we are all just waiting to see if his claims about the band's finances are true.
bblitz - 21.02.2013 at 20:24
Very sad news I must say.This is an outrage,money is spreading his evil clutches to the thing we love the most.
And Kerry King is an asshole,this band is falling apart.Tom Arraya could do something.This band has very serious problems
but I believe in my heroes they will adapt and overcome and come back from ugly past stronger than all!!
bblitz - 21.02.2013 at 20:35
This is problem with the 'tyrants' in the heavy metal bands,for example I think Metallica would never kick off Lars,
I don't like Metallica but they are unique in that manner.I can imagine the scene:Kerry King blows off Dave,and Tom
Arraya stares with his dumb face and does nothing.They should work this thing together because Dave is original Slayer
and one of the best metall drummers of all time not some session asshole who played five shows in his life.
Ace Frawley - 21.02.2013 at 21:19
I read elsewhere that Jon Dette was also filling in for Benante on the Soundwave tour as well. Man, two legendary drummers I was looking forward to seeing and now they both aren't coming. As a fan, very bad news. And also as a fan, it's not much fun to hear the band's dirty laundry aired in public about their finances.
Nemo Atkins - 21.02.2013 at 21:38
Anyone else reminded a little bit of what happened with Queensryche?

Still, at least this isn't a permanent departure...
MaiSweettShaadow - 21.02.2013 at 22:16
Kerry king is an asshole, I Hope araya also leave the band and that douchebag alone
blacktooth85 - 22.02.2013 at 00:17
Written by Jtbmetal123 on 21.02.2013 at 14:41

Take it easy. Jeff is fine now. He's probably keeping a low key because he's sick of Kerry's bullshit too.
Captain Obvious - 22.02.2013 at 00:51
We don't know the whole story yet. But so far, this is sad. This guy is the Buddy Rich of thrash drummers and he's getting kicked out because's he asks too many questions? Pathetic. I hope Metallica fires Lars so Dave can join them, and Lars can play in Slayer, him and Kerry are perfect for eachother.
gav1230 - 22.02.2013 at 01:37
Written by Amatsu Mikaboshi on 21.02.2013 at 16:23

It seems to be a pretty different situation from what I know. Bill ward wasn't kicked off, he left on his own and according to Black Sabbath's official statement he can come back whenever he wants.
Machiavelli - 22.02.2013 at 01:42
Looks like they cracked open a bottle of Slayer vintage whine.... $money is the real evil here.
Mattybu - 22.02.2013 at 02:22
Everything in this news update is the antithesis of what thrash is all about and reeks of bullshit. Even though Slayer is past their prime this is just shenanigans, pretty sad if you ask me.
Amatsu Mikaboshi - 22.02.2013 at 03:09
Written by gav1230 on 22.02.2013 at 01:37

Ether way from the band members to the members outside them, its the floating cycle of money revolving around these peoples decisions where such similar likening outcomes happen.
bj_waters - 22.02.2013 at 04:56
Written by SSM on 21.02.2013 at 16:46

Money, so they say
Is the root of all evil today
But if you ask for a rise it's no surprise that
They're giving none away, away, away...!

This is probably the best comment on this thread. Despite the bad news, this made me smile.
Kulu - 22.02.2013 at 18:21
Written by Mattybu on 22.02.2013 at 02:22

Indeed... "Mr. Lombardo" - what a joke!
psykometal - 22.02.2013 at 18:36
Typical band argument counter where money is involved. "Yea, Dave Mr. Lombardo is right but we're not going to admit it cuz we want him to look like the asshole here not us so we're gona apologize with some vague statement that doesn't admit he's right but doesn't say that he is wrong either."
Cynic Metalhead - 22.02.2013 at 19:02
After long time we heard something from Slayer camp.
Ace Frawley - 23.02.2013 at 10:30
If I was in a band making the sort of money Slayer are making and the total cut to the band was only 10%, I'd be asking questions as well. This is assuming Lombardo is right in what he's saying. Wonder why he's taken so long to realise what's going on. All this sort of stuff usually takes place behind closed doors and isn't spoken about, so it shows how bad things have become that A.D. Dave has gone public about it. Maybe the 10% cut to the band explains why King has been seeking extra external revenue doing silly alcohol ads for Jagermeister?
Vikcen - 23.02.2013 at 14:38
Written by HaaskAksaaH on 21.02.2013 at 16:42

Billy Ward ... Black Sabbath ...

Mike Portnoy ... Dream Theater ...

And now ... Dave Lombardo ... SLAYER! ...

---

Point another great drummer: Thomas "Thomen" Stauch from Blind Guardian. Irreplaceable.
bj_waters - 23.02.2013 at 23:07
Did anyone else see what Lich King said about this?

I thought it was pretty good.
Maco - 23.02.2013 at 23:42
$$$$layer
StephenTheBoss - 24.02.2013 at 00:56
Thanks Dave! I should be there!!!
Slayfex - 24.02.2013 at 18:20
Well this really sucks :/ I hope they can fix this
Daniel Ryan - 27.02.2013 at 10:51
F.U.C.K You Kery Queen!
F U C K Y O U
Panterica - 01.03.2013 at 18:04
Written by Captain Obvious on 22.02.2013 at 00:51

Wow wow wow! Come down! It doesn't matter if Kerry is a big douche-bag, making him suffer Lars's drumming in every rehearsal is an unreasonably harsh!

News Broken Hope - Kicked Off Deicide Tour, Update On Fan Stabbing 5.5 24.10.2013 by !J.O.O.E.!
News Marduk - Announce Australian Tour Dates 4 23.03.2007 by Hyvaarin
News Death Angel - To Team Up With Armored Saint For Australian Tour 4 29.10.2008 by -DC-002-
News Children Of Bodom - Drop Off Lamb Of God Tour 4 12.05.2009 by Shadowcross
News Rose Tattoo - Join Guns N' Roses And ZZ Top On Australian Tour 4 23.01.2013 by Ace Frawley