We already knew that Kylesa would be releasing a new album this year following 2010's Spiral Shadow. Now the Savannah-based quintet has announced the title and release date of their forthcoming album. One of the most anticipated releases of 2013 for many will be called Ultraviolet and it will hit stores on May 24th in Europe (May 28th in North America) under Season Of Mist.

"Unspoken", a new song from the eleven-track album, is available now for people who subscribe to the Season of Mist newsletter. If you already subscribed to the newsletter, you can still get the MP3. All you have to do is enter your email address in the widget at this location.

"Whereas Spiral Shadow was a warm album suggesting concepts of hope, Ultraviolet is a bit colder and darker", explains songwriter/guitar player Laura Pleasants. "All of our studio albums have their own unique identity and we've always been a band who strives for something different than what current fads suggest. With Ultraviolet, we took a step inward and wrote music that we felt we had to write; this album centers around the multiple themes of loss and you can feel it in the music. Everyone goes through it during their lifetime and this record reflects that experience."

Kylesa recorded Ultraviolet at The Jam Room in Columbia, South Carolina with the band's guitar player/songwriter and producer, Phillip Cope (Baroness, Black Tusk) once again overseeing production.

The band will return to the road in May but the details will only be announced later.

Source: season-of-mist.com
Band profile: Kylesa

Posted: 26.02.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

Alex Fenger - 26.02.2013 at 21:03
Colder and darker? That sounds interesting for a sludge release. I'm quite excited for this.
!J.O.O.E.! - 26.02.2013 at 21:10
Written by Alex Fenger on 26.02.2013 at 21:03

Also seems to be the antithesis of the last record's feel with the amount of psychedelia it had.
Alex Fenger - 26.02.2013 at 21:13
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 26.02.2013 at 21:10

I think that's what they are going for, given this quote: "Whereas Spiral Shadow was a warm album suggesting concepts of hope, Ultraviolet is a bit colder and darker"
Mr. Doctor - 26.02.2013 at 21:23
I only own/heard To Walk A Middle Course and Spiral Shadow. I loved them both so I'm definitely interested.
!J.O.O.E.! - 26.02.2013 at 21:30
Written by Alex Fenger on 26.02.2013 at 21:13

So it does
BitterCOld - 26.02.2013 at 22:43
This makes me happy.
Alex Fenger - 26.02.2013 at 22:52
Written by Mr. Doctor on 26.02.2013 at 21:23

You should definitely listen to Time Will Fuse Its Worth. My favorite of their releases with Spiral Shadow being the runner up.
Pazdzioch - 27.02.2013 at 03:35
I also can't wait for this...
BloodTears - 27.02.2013 at 10:55
I'm really digging the new song. Now I'm even more excited for this.
Mr. Doctor - 27.02.2013 at 11:57
Damn... These guys were not kidding about the "colder and darker" comment. The riffs have a more imposing and well... dark feeling to them. The psychedelic tunes are also wonderful since they enhace that atmosphere even more. If the whole album is of this quality, well... It could easily go into many people's top 10 list of 2013.

The track is also on youtube btw but maybe it won't stay too long(?).
Alex Fenger - 27.02.2013 at 18:12
The track they released is amazing. I have a crazy good feeling about this album.

News Amorphis - Share New Album Title, Concept And Release Date 11.5 16.01.2013 by Reign
News Haken - Share New Album Title, Release Date And More 11.5 22.06.2013 by tea[m]ster
News Korn - Share New Album Title And Release Date 11.5 10.07.2013 by R Lewis
News Huntress - Share New Album Cover, Title And Release Date 11.5 01.05.2013 by WorpeX
News Warbringer - Share New Album Title And Release Date 11.5 30.07.2013 by Lit.