Irish thrashers Gama Bomb have revealed some new details about their upcoming album The Terror Tapes, which will be be out on April 19th in Europe and May 7th the US via AFM Records. The cover artwork, which can be seen below, was illustrated by veteran movie poster artist Graham Humphreys. Check out also the complete tracklist of the album, consisting of 12 brand new tracks.

"We grew up in terror of VHS covers painted by Graham, but we never knew his name," says the band's vocalist Philly Byrne. "We found him, had the audacity to chat to him, and now it's a dream come true to work together and to see the astounding work he's done for us.

"The cover shows a man being consumed by a giant, living tape machine. It's got the feeling of a grubby old 1980's video sleeve, I think. It ties in perfectly with our obsession with old technology and mad horror imagery. It's the best album cover we've ever had. Everyone else's album art sucks because of this."

Regarding the musical direction of The Terror Tapes, Byrne, says: "I think this album's really going to shock people. We're not afraid to write brash, outrageous songs that will make people stand up and shout. There are some straight-up classics on this album and we can't wait for everyone to hear it."

He adds: "It's been a long road to bring The Terror Tapes to life. I had throat surgery, Domo (Dixon, guitars) had a tendon injury, we changed our line-up, we recorded without a label, did it all the hard way. We worked hard and got through and made a great album which we're proud to be releasing with such great guys as AFM, who really believe in what we're doing. We've spent long enough in the shadows. Now we are ready to re-emerge."

The Terror Tapes tracklist:

12. Wrecking Ball

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Gama Bomb

Posted: 04.03.2013 by Abattoir

Comments

DaMaGeR - 04.03.2013 at 18:35
Great artwork. I can't wait for the new album, imo Gama Bomb is a great thrash metal band!
Lit. - 04.03.2013 at 19:38
I like that cover actually. Hope this turns out to be something in the quality of Lich King's latest effort.
bloodface - 05.03.2013 at 05:45
This band sucks......steel panther should be taken more seriously. these guys are complete derivative comic garbage.....they are a novelty band that is void of individual thought.

if you look through my posts you will see that i am generally supportive, but this shit band makes my skin crawl. there is a reason why they were without a label.
Kingface - 05.03.2013 at 15:21
Written by bloodface on 05.03.2013 at 05:45

Funnily enough, just about everything you've just said to describe Gama Bomb is how I would describe Steel Panther instead.

Unlike Steel Panther, Gama Bomb's humour is actually good, their references to films, games etc is great fun and the guys themselves, who I've spoken to on a couple of occasions before and after gigs, are really great guys.

Steel Panther's humour is god-awful to me, their humour is like every generic shit american teen comedy rolled into a selection of songs. Also, one or more of the members are known for making dick moves in terms of their behaviour on more than one occasion.

Back on topic, I'm looking forward to the new Gama Bomb album.
LICH - 05.03.2013 at 19:04
Written by Kingface on 05.03.2013 at 15:21

Written by bloodface on 05.03.2013 at 05:45

Back on topic, I'm looking forward to the new Gama Bomb album.

yea dude , my friends cousin is the guitarist and ive chilled with him a couple of times , hes the funniest fucker around and one of the nicest guys ive met in terms of his sense of humour , he also gave me a few guitar lessons and told me my voice sounded lethal when i showed him my demo tapes steel panther on the other hand 100% bullshit everything they do, its too comical and overgeneric to be true.
bloodface - 06.03.2013 at 08:21
Written by LICH on 05.03.2013 at 19:04

Written by Kingface on 05.03.2013 at 15:21

Written by bloodface on 05.03.2013 at 05:45

Back on topic, I'm looking forward to the new Gama Bomb album.

so you think gamma bombs sense of humor trumps steel panthers? ok. you win.....if for nothing else than justifying that those two novelty acts should be grouped together. i am sure those crazee thrash rippas in gamma bomb will feel accomplished knowing that they are the better novelty act. tell your good friend (the guitarist) that they are funnier than steel panther i am sure that is what they were going after when they started the band.
Kingface - 06.03.2013 at 15:18
Written by bloodface on 06.03.2013 at 08:21

Written by LICH on 05.03.2013 at 19:04

Written by Kingface on 05.03.2013 at 15:21

Written by bloodface on 05.03.2013 at 05:45

Back on topic, I'm looking forward to the new Gama Bomb album.

Use of humour does not equal novelty act, also you could just accept that different people have different opinions but whatever.
bloodface - 06.03.2013 at 16:43
Quote:

municipal waste uses humor well and are not a novelty act.
Kingface - 07.03.2013 at 00:10
Quote:
Written by bloodface on 06.03.2013 at 16:43

municipal waste uses humor well and are not a novelty act.

On that we can definitely agree on.
bloodface - 07.03.2013 at 02:53
Quote:
On that we can definitely agree on.

Nice that bloodface and kingface could come to common ground. take it easy.

News Saille - New Album Details, Trailer Revealed 7 29.10.2012 by
News Belphegor - New Album Details Revealed 7 30.10.2010 by Bloody Rain
News Hooded Menace - New Album Details Revealed 7 12.07.2012 by Draugen
News Iron Savior - New Album Details Revealed 7 14.10.2011 by Baz Anderson
News Deep Purple - New Album Title And More Details Revealed 7 27.02.2013 by Nemo Atkins