Black Sabbath have finally given fans a chance to listen to a brand new song from 13, their upcoming new album. The band uploaded the new single "God Is Dead?", the first to surface, on YouTube and you can now stream it below. The track is made available digitally today. However, you will have to wait until June 11th in the U.S. and June 10th in Europe to grab the album.

You can preorder your copy of 13 from iTunes and get an instant download of "God Is Dead?". The single's artwork was created by Heather Cassils.

The first Black Sabbath album in 35 years to feature bassist Geeezer Butler, guitarist Tony Iommi and singer Ozzy Osbourne was produced by Rick Rubin with Rage Against The Machine drummer Brad Wilk recording the drum parts. More album details can be found over here.

13 tracklist:

Source: youtube.com
Band profile: Black Sabbath

Posted: 19.04.2013 by BloodTears

Comments page 2 of 2

‹‹ Back to the News Pages: 1 [2]

Butters49 - 22.04.2013 at 10:11
I didn't know that Tony Iommi was dead.
Ace Frawley - 22.04.2013 at 14:52
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 21.04.2013 at 19:17

If people were more critical then there would probably be more high quality music out there.

Don't agree with this logic.
Haiwaan Das - 22.04.2013 at 23:52
Really loved it. Great Music.
Mr. Doctor - 23.04.2013 at 01:32
Dead guitar sound, dead vocals, drums, everything... everything is dead here.
Captain Obvious - 23.04.2013 at 02:51
I really love the song... But seriously, what the fuck is wrong with being a fanboy? I'd much rather be that than an elitist with a giant stick up my ass.
Marcel Hubregtse - 23.04.2013 at 02:58
Written by Captain Obvious on 23.04.2013 at 02:51

saying something is not good is being an elitist? Sorry but clearly you're clueless as to what constitutes an elitist.

This song is just a turd, but because it has the name Black Sabbath attached to it loads of people seem to drool all over it. This can;t even hold a candle to the nto so good album with Dio which was released a couple of years ago.

Call me an elitist if you lie, and I will wear that badge with full pride because I don't let myself get folled into something average or dire by the labels and rest of mainstream metal industry. I have ben around the block way too many time over the past 34 years when it comes to metal to let myself be fooled by money grabbers.
Lord_Regnier - 24.04.2013 at 01:09
So boring I stopped it before reaching the 2:00 min mark because I could not stand it any longer.
Ace Frawley - 24.04.2013 at 13:53
Written by Captain Obvious on 23.04.2013 at 02:51

hahaha, good call. I agree with you, it's much more fun being a fan of something and enjoying it than being a cranky old man.
exomorphyx89 - 25.04.2013 at 20:44
Not bad but Black Sabbath can compose much better songs.
BrightNight - 28.04.2013 at 23:09
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 19.04.2013 at 15:27

Written by Diverge on 19.04.2013 at 15:12

It isn't a bad song at all, relative to their discography. Iommi makes the track worthwhile. Of course they are never going to return to their prime, and it would be rather foolish to expect that.

Not to play "that card" but if this wasn't a Sabbath song I doubt anyone in the right mind would care about this. It's tired, overproduced and with a vocalist who can't sing, despite all the studio efforts to try and hide this fact. It would be lost in the haze of other lame heavy metal wannabes.

Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 19.04.2013 at 15:27

Written by Diverge on 19.04.2013 at 15:12

Well according to you im not right in the mind, like some million others. Not that i want to play that card.

It's not tired by anymeans, its what we call Doom. You want something faster go listen Dragonforce. In case you never heard Sabbath; thats their sound.
Ozzy cant sing? I geuss thats why he sold millions of albums right?
But i would agree to say that his voice is not anymore what it used to be in the higher pitch marks. But hey, maybe you try sing after 50 years non stop lets see what that does to you.
My guess is that they kept the vocal lines a bit down so ozzy doesnt have to break his voice, cause he cant do everything with it anymore. Its not hiding at all, its adapting and being realistic. Any clue why Ian Gillan doesnt sing Child in Time anymore? Right.

Their music would be lost in the haze of other lame heavy metal wannabes?....you just made me smile. Hilarious guy. They would be lost in your haze maybe.

They are not going to their prime time? Dude, seriously....they invented Metal...this music genre is their legacy. They dont have to prove themselves to anyone or return to their 'prime'.

Ofcourse we now only just heard one song and cannot by anymeans judge the entire album just yet. But it sounds like they are still going on from the first 3 albums. This song has typical trade mark iommi riffs in it, in the end a lead which made me think about 'hole in the sky'. Geezer did wonderfull with the lyrics and his bassline is booming. And Ozzy sings in his typical doomy banshee voice. Pure Sabbath. If you like them i dont think you can wish for more and should be excited to hear the rest when it comes out.
BrightNight - 28.04.2013 at 23:20
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 23.04.2013 at 02:58

Written by Captain Obvious on 23.04.2013 at 02:51

Money Grabbers? They dont need anymore money. If you have been following their career, and of all the member individually, you could have known they all kept playing in other bands and projects. Why? Because this is what they love to do and what they are good at. If they only did it for the money and nothing else, then why the hell would someone like Iommi go onstage and getting exhausted working in the studio for months while having CANCER?

Anyway, If you would be in such a position that you could ask a lot of money for it, why not? If you want to talk about money grabbers lets take a look at the Rap/Hiphop scene. Right now we are talking about real musicians.
!J.O.O.E.! - 28.04.2013 at 23:23
Written by BrightNight on 28.04.2013 at 23:09

It's tired. It may be doom (doom-inflected heavy metal at best) but this sound and approach has been done to absolute death and is well and truly "tired." I'm not sure from what point you're arguing from here. My issue was never with speed so try and focus on what you're arguing for and what exactly is the other person stated, instead of making up points to argue against.

Quote:

Ozzy cant sing? I geuss thats why he sold millions of albums right?

I never said he couldn't sing, I said his voice sounds terrible on this album. Stop strawmanning this discussion and just stick to what I actually said, please.

Quote:

Not sure what your point is here. You've just admitted that his voice is not what it used to be. Just because you used to sound good it does not mean a free-card to sounding shit in your later years. Shit is still shit regardless of what it used to be. Stop making excuses for him.

Quote:

That, or just the band doesn't have the chops anymore to write interesting and varied songs. This is speculation, as is your comment, so we'll dismiss this bit outright.

Quote:

Compared to many existing contemporary bands they sound absolutely awful on this song. Bands like Orchid, ironically, do Sabbath's sound better than Sabbath do.

Quote:

Another completely irrelevant point, and more excuses from you as a way to exonerate their terrible new music. Their classic albums are their legacy. What they're doing now is tarnishing that legacy by making more music that is a mere shadow of what they once made. This is when bands should just stop altogether, just play live and leave their legacy alone.

Quote:

At best this sounds like massively studio-wrecked filler track from one of their not-so classic records. If this song gets you excited for the upcoming album then I'm absolutely over the moon for you, but I'll also put you in the pool of people who can't see the shit for the roses.
BrightNight - 28.04.2013 at 23:38
Most of your quotes are still a matter of oppinion. I appreciate band like Orchid and get your meaning but its not a complete copy from Sabbath.

Sabbath still sounds like Sabbath they all have a particular sound to themselves and combined its called Black Sabbath. And Ozzy's voice is not what it used to be in the way that he can sing high, low, and everything in between anymore. Doesnt mean his voice is all shit. He just should not try to sing like he did in some ways. Which i geuss he wont be doing on the new album anyway after hearing this new song. That was my point.

Funny how you can say Sabbath and their terrible new music" when you only heard one song? A bit weird to say no?

The thing about music is that its for 90% about someones personal opinion. You make things sound like facts, which are not.
!J.O.O.E.! - 28.04.2013 at 23:45
Written by BrightNight on 28.04.2013 at 23:38

Once again someone not knowing how to distinguish facts from opinion. I'm not going to put "IMO" at the end of every one of my sentences just to alleviate any offence my opinions may cause. I'm patently aware what I'm saying is my own opinion, and I'm sure you are too.

It's my opinion that this song is awful on just about every level, and I believe it to be a precursor of what's to come on the new album. I may be wrong but I seriously doubt we'll get either a return to the old days or something new and worthy of praise on its own merits as a piece of music. I believe it'll be a hack of an album that will be praised by people that think Black Sabbath can make anything they want and get away with it just because they fathered the genre. I'm not a big enough fanboy of any band to let them get away with murder, like Black Sabbath who have more or less suffocated their own legacy with this awful song.
BrightNight - 29.04.2013 at 00:09
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 28.04.2013 at 23:45

Written by BrightNight on 28.04.2013 at 23:38

Ofcourse you dont have to state everytime IMO. I get that. And its totally fine with me you think different about this. We dont have to agree. But still i find it strange you judge quite extreme with saying things like "suffocated their own legacy". Like they could ruin that with one new song :-) come on man.

Also, no one in the world can live up to the first 3 albums of Sabbath. Lets not expect to have it make the same impact as those albums did. Thats not possible. Im just happy to hear some new stuff from these legends. And what i hear is its following the same path. Maybe im a bit to positive but i cant see why someone should bash them in the ground when only there is one song in the air. I seriously hope the rest of the album will be more to your likening (not being sarcastic).And lets hope this fanboy will enjoy it as much as their early work.
Ace Frawley - 29.04.2013 at 00:12
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 28.04.2013 at 23:45

hehe, okay, so you don't like this song and you reckon the album is going to stink - big deal. For those of us that may end up liking it, I hope you can indulge us a little bit and leave us alone enough to enjoy it, rather than denigrate us as fanboys or people with no clue about what is good music etc etc.
!J.O.O.E.! - 29.04.2013 at 00:21
Written by Ace Frawley on 29.04.2013 at 00:12

I was quoted. I'm not attacking anyone directly. If people don't want to hear my opinions then they should avoid quoting me But it is my right to state my opinion where and when I want to. If people don't want hear what I have to say then they can use the ignore function if they so wish.
Ace Frawley - 29.04.2013 at 05:28
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 29.04.2013 at 00:21

Man, you really are tightly wound. Whatever.
!J.O.O.E.! - 29.04.2013 at 12:45
Written by Ace Frawley on 29.04.2013 at 05:28

Man, you really are tightly wound. Whatever.

I'm not the one telling people to not write their opinions in front of others to avoid offending the delicate minded
Ace Frawley - 30.04.2013 at 01:14
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 29.04.2013 at 12:45

No, I never told you anything. I simply asked that you try and be nice in the event that you end up not liking the new album - that you try and respect that some people might like the music because their taste is different to yours rather than taking on your high and mighty view that if you don't like it, then it must be crap. I'm not even sure why I'm bothering to type this because it's very clear to me that you will take this the wrong way again and this will just degenerate further. I know you'll type a retort to this and I'll let you have the last word, rather than respond again. So, go for it, get it all off your chest, if you must, but I've made my point and am happy with that. I know I probably speak for others as well.
!J.O.O.E.! - 30.04.2013 at 01:38
Written by Ace Frawley on 30.04.2013 at 01:14

Yeah I really don't know what the issue is to be honest. If I believe something to be the case, because that's my opinion, then I'm going to argue that point, even if it means telling people I think they're wrong. "Respect" is such a massively overused term anyway and at no point do I consider myself "disrespecting" anyone. If anything I'm honest enough to tell you when I don't agree with you and think you're wrong, rather than giving you a pointless platitude of "well that's your opinion lol!" You think I should be nice, I think you (and the others you speak for) should grow a pair and learn to not take things to heart.

Pages: 1 [2]

News Eyehategod - New Single Available For Streaming 8.5 09.09.2012 by Monolithic
News Lordi - New Single Available For Streaming 8.5 09.02.2013 by WorpeX
News Amaranthe - Release New Single, Available For Streaming 8.5 09.09.2014 by WinterMadness
News Black Label Society - New Single Available For Download 8.5 27.10.2006 by Katatronik
News Rush - New Single Available For Streaming 8.5 19.04.2012 by strade