Ray Holroyd, British music lecturer and journalist, will be joined by Serj Tankian, Devin Townsend and Ihsahn for the first single from his new project Revolution Harmony in what sounds like a dream collaboration. The purpose of the project is to bring aid in the form of free music lessons and instruments for the children of South Africa.

The single is set to be released on July 18th, and all proceeds will go to Buskaid, a charity that provides free music lessons and instruments to children in the townships of South Africa. For more information, please visit http://www.revolutionharmony.org/home.cfm.

Revolution Harmony's debut All-Star charity single "We Are" features vocals from Serj Tankian and Ihsahn, as well as guitar solos by Devin Townsend. Composed, arranged, programmed and produced by Ray Holroyd in Vancouver, the international studio project was recorded in North America, England, Norway and New Zealand, then mixed by Rohan Onraet (Slipknot, Machine Head) in London, and mastered by Ted Jensen (Green Day, Muse) in New York.

Serj Tankian speaks about his involvement with Revolution Harmony: "It has been an absolute honor being involved with the Revolution Harmony project to bring much needed financial aid to Buskaid in South Africa. Music has saved my life and has the potential to create positive change in all those young kids struggling to make themselves heard and to survive." He continues on the single itself: "The song is a musical collage of complex yet moving colors intertwining genres and vibes."

Ihsahn adds: "I have followed this song since it was basically just a MIDI file and love how it has grown into this massive piece of music, so it was very easy to get inspired for lyrics and vocal lines. Knowing how music has shaped and enriched my own life, and how privileged I have been to be able to follow that passion, I really appreciate Buskaid's work to enable young people to follow that same path. Like most, my involvement in charity has been very generic, like signing up for donations to some of the global organizations, but Revolution Harmony has given me the opportunity to contribute with something personal, together with people who share my passion for music. I'm honored to be part of this." He concludes: "With our different backgrounds I think this just underlines the message of the song; a deep passion for music that goes beyond how we are typically isolated and divided."

Devin Townsend reflects on his experience: "I met Ray while he was working at a guitar magazine in the UK. He was very generous with his position there and had convinced me to guest on his charity project. I am happy to contribute and to be involved with the other musicians. I hope the goals he has for the benefit of people in need come to fruition, and I wish everyone involved the best of luck. Please do what you can to help people less fortunate than yourself, it is rarely easy, but it is a testament to the human spirit."

Source: revolutionharmony.org
Band profile: Ihsahn

Posted: 30.04.2013 by .starrk

Comments

LeKiwi - 30.04.2013 at 13:06
Interesting....perhaps something progressive then?
Unhealer - 30.04.2013 at 16:26
I wonder how a vocal harmony between Serj and Ihsahn would sound, hope there are some in the song.
SSM - 30.04.2013 at 16:44
Great news.
Let the music flow, play the instruments and compose more.

Meanwhile extremists are thinking about killing and slaughtering more people, animals and whatever is left.
Olli - 30.04.2013 at 20:29
But the best vocalist is only playing guitar? Hmm will still buy it when it comes out, sounds interesting and it's for a good cause I guess
LeKiwi - 30.04.2013 at 20:41
Written by Olli on 30.04.2013 at 20:29

Yea I have to agree that's a bit of a !"£%-up, but at least it'll be interesting...
BloodTears - 30.04.2013 at 20:44
I'm curious to see how it turns out, definitely.
Bad English - 30.04.2013 at 21:23
Good idea, but I only musicaly like Ishan so IMO this would be one big shit and I dontw ant to buy it, I better donate 10 dollars to that fond , how buy shit
Kwis - 30.04.2013 at 21:25
Charities always miss the point here in South Africa. These kids need education, a better way of life, food, clean drinking water, awareness about aids/diseases etc. etc. etc. These kids are gonna play these instruments for a week, get tired of it, go sell it at the nearest pawn shop and then return to a life of begging on the streets. Don't waste money and time on something so insignificant. Rather face the problem head on, their upbringing.
Maco - 01.05.2013 at 00:53
Written by Kwis on 30.04.2013 at 21:25

I'm here for the concert, not for charity.
Opethian - 01.05.2013 at 11:49
Serj?? .... ok
Daggon - 02.05.2013 at 00:22
Gotta say this is quite an interesting mix, I think we may enjoy it a lot.
LeChron James - 02.05.2013 at 03:01
Written by Unhealer on 30.04.2013 at 16:26

That would sound fucking CRAZY. A true next-level musical harmony haha.

News Serj Tankian, Devin Townsend, Ihsahn - Charity Single Streaming 11.5 20.06.2013 by UnknownCheese
News Ihsahn - Guest Vocalist On Upcoming Devin Townsend Album 7.5 01.02.2011 by arj
Albums Serj Tankian - Figure It Out [Single] 4.5 27.05.2012 by Soani
News Devin Townsend - Release New Song, To Make Fan-Submitted Video 4 08.08.2012 by musclassia
News Serj Tankian - New Album Details 4 26.07.2010 by marzepka87