Tesseract's new single "Singularity" has aired for the first time on BBC Radio 1's Rock show and today the band shared the radio edit version of the song which is available for streaming on the Soundcloud player below. The song is taken from their new album Altered State.

The video for "Singularity" is currently being produced by Horsie In The Hedge LLP, featuring the Emmy award winning DoP, Mark Wolf, as well as the effects team behind Prometheus, Skyfall, and Massive Attack's "Tear Drop". The band has been rehearsing the song and recently recorded footage of them in their practice space jamming on the track "Singularity". You can view the footage here.

Altered State will be released on May 27th in Europe (May 28th in North America), 2013 via Century Media Records. More album details here and here.

Altered State tracklist:

10. Of Energy - Embers

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Tesseract

Posted: 30.04.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

LeKiwi - 30.04.2013 at 14:27
Decent track, however none of the melodies or grooves left an impression like their first EP. Their mistake raising expectations so high....
Unhealer - 30.04.2013 at 16:28
Good song besides some dull vocal lines.
LeKiwi - 30.04.2013 at 20:46
Written by Unhealer on 30.04.2013 at 16:28

Good song besides some dull vocal lines.

In this genre it's usually the vocals that dictate the quality of the music...without decent vocal melodies, the songs are worthless. At least in my opinion anyway.
Doge of Venice - 30.04.2013 at 20:56
Written by LeKiwi on 30.04.2013 at 20:46

Written by Unhealer on 30.04.2013 at 16:28

Good song besides some dull vocal lines.

Does that make Bend the Sky worthless?
LeKiwi - 30.04.2013 at 21:22
Written by Doge of Venice on 30.04.2013 at 20:56

Does that make Bend the Sky worthless?

Hence "usually" I actually haven't had a chance to listen to them properly so I have little idea about their quality. For instance, take the song Erised by Periphery, one of my new favourite tracks within this "genre" - less those vocals and you have a pretty boring track. There are always exceptions though

Vocals are a thorough determinant of whether I will enjoy a band or not so I might have unusual criteria...
Doge of Venice - 01.05.2013 at 06:03
Written by LeKiwi on 30.04.2013 at 21:22

Written by Doge of Venice on 30.04.2013 at 20:56

Does that make Bend the Sky worthless?

There are no vocals in Bend the Sky.

But yeah, I quite enjoy the music of the genre, but the vocals completely put me off. I saw TesseracT live with DTP and Fear Factory (eugh) and everything was awesome, except the vocals.

Which is why I guess I like BtS.
BoxCar Willy - 01.05.2013 at 06:08
Their display pic looks too close to Necrophagist's. I got excited for nothing.

News AC/DC - New Single Available For Streaming 8.5 28.08.2008 by
News Riverside - New Single Available For Streaming 8.5 18.12.2012 by Rulatore
News Three - New Single Available For Streaming 8.5 06.04.2014 by BloodTears
News Soilwork - New Single Available For Streaming And Download 8.5 20.12.2012 by MauricioVeiga
News Black Sabbath - New Single Available For Streaming 8.5 19.04.2013 by HaaskAksaaH