The Finns Children Of Bodom have premiered a lyric video for the first single off their new album Halo Of Blood. You can listen to "Transference", already released digitally, right now on the video located below. The band has also filmed a video for the single which will be released later.

You can pre-order the album (including bonus track and digital booklet) now and get an immediate download of the single Transference on iTunes. The album is officially released on June 7th in Europe and June 11th in North America via Nuclear Blast. More album details can be found here.

Halo Of Blood tracklist:

01. Waste Of Skin
02. Halo Of Blood
03. Scream For Silence
04. Transference
05. Bodom Blue Moon (The Second Coming)
06. Your Days Are Numbered
07. Dead Man's Hand On You
08. Damage Beyond Repair
09. All Twisted
10. One Bottle And A Knee Deep

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Children Of Bodom

Posted: 03.05.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

Carl Berg - 03.05.2013 at 19:17
Amazing song! Bodom is back!!
Icedburden - 03.05.2013 at 19:25
Nice song and I REALLY love the cover art.
Zaphod - 03.05.2013 at 19:49
...Aaand it's poop.
Cynic Metalhead - 03.05.2013 at 21:47
What a terrible lyric video they came up with.
Sangre Sani - 03.05.2013 at 22:37
I like the song.
SBGMetal - 03.05.2013 at 22:56
Fuck lyric videos already
Reign - 03.05.2013 at 23:33
Not bad, hopefully the other songs are alot better. The sound seems promising though.
Rulatore - 04.05.2013 at 00:12
What a boring song.
hadriel - 04.05.2013 at 00:42
Complete garbage. Boring just like anything else these guys have done in over 10 years and even if you can look past that I don't know how anyone could actually appreciate this once they hear the lyrics.
Carl Berg - 04.05.2013 at 01:51
Written by hadriel on 04.05.2013 at 00:42

I don't know if it's just me, but somehow I feel repulsed by people who are so quick to judge a band's entire discography and hard work. I'm not talking about Bodom here, just thinking generally. I mean, even if the music is not to your liking, it's quite judgmental to put other's sweat, sacrifices and tears into a box and label it so negatively.
BloodJuNkie - 04.05.2013 at 02:00
Unfortunately old COB was way better .. i hope the whole album don't be disappointing!
AngelofDeth - 04.05.2013 at 03:19
Its decent. It sounds similar to there old stuff just a lil bit worse. If this single came out right after HCDR it would probly be concerning, but considering this is following a series of truly terrible albums it sounds almost promising. I'm actually somewhat anticipating this album.
Hydra - 04.05.2013 at 03:59
Lovin this new tune, sounds like older bodom not super old but like HCDR and the screams at one point kinda sound like hatebreeder at one point. all and all im pretty stoked for this new record to drop.
hadriel - 04.05.2013 at 05:45
Written by Carl Berg on 04.05.2013 at 01:51

Written by hadriel on 04.05.2013 at 00:42

Not whole discography, just 10 years. As music listeners I'm not really sure why it is a bad thing to be able to express opinions about music. I'm not saying everyone (or anyone, for that matter) has to agree with me. A lot of people put hard work into many things, I don't think that deems them to be immune from criticism.
Cynic Metalhead - 04.05.2013 at 06:13
Written by Carl Berg on 04.05.2013 at 01:51

Written by hadriel on 04.05.2013 at 00:42

Okay, what do you think about Metallica's Lulu? didn't they put sweat, tears and sacrifices into that stinking garbage?

You know, the amount of hard work and time bands put it has always been exceptional but the whole process crashes down once you don't live up to the expectations. Ofcourse, Cob is bashed because they not able to match the level of their early records and that's where I think fans of any bands will be disappointed. Here, i think song is okay, but it still sucks. A great reflection of rehash of RRF.
Doc Godin - 04.05.2013 at 07:30
Why Alexi would ever want to publish his lyrics anywhere is beyond me. This band is just going through the motions now. And those motions aren't good.
Wes - 04.05.2013 at 08:04
Yeah.. this is just terrible. Still interested in the album though.
wrathchild - 04.05.2013 at 08:58
Written by Doc Godin on 04.05.2013 at 07:30

Yeah though the song is somewhat reminiscent of their early albums, I'd prefer if he kept the lyrics secret like he did at the time. Cause it makes me laugh.
Still, not a bad song to me but not a great one either.
Dark Blood - 04.05.2013 at 15:07
The video is a complete crap. The lyrics... well it's CoB, lyrics are not their strongest point. But the song sure sounds really nice, like their mid era of HCD which is good considering their last 2 or 3 albums.
BlueMobius - 04.05.2013 at 16:05
Written by Doc Godin on 04.05.2013 at 07:30

Im not sure it was totally up to Alexi. Correct me if Im wrong, but aren'tlyric videos usually put out by the label to create hype for an upcoming release. I would say this is more of Nuclear Blast's doing. And yeah, the lyrics suck. I think that's the reason COB only publishes a handful of them in each album booklet.
Angelic Storm - 04.05.2013 at 16:20
As far as the lyrics go, well they're not great no, but then, COB's lyrics have always been quite silly. And for sure, Alexi has came up with much worse lyrics in the past than these ones. Musically, it's decent, although it's certainly not up to the standard of their finest works. Considering that it's usually the weakest songs on albums that are released as a pre-release single, then hopefully there will be better songs on the album itself. It's certainly not amongst the worst songs they've ever done, but they've also made much better songs too. Still quite looking forward to hearing the whole album.
crucifiedjesus - 05.05.2013 at 20:47
A lyric video for CoB really?!?!? their lyrics are epically bad. other than that its the same tired shit they have been doing for the last 4 or whatever albums i havent given 2 shits about. only positive note i have is that the song titles are somewhat less ridiculous
musikaxtrema - 06.05.2013 at 17:12
Good song. The song Halo of blood sounds amazing, waste of skin seems promising... Probably this album will be better than AYDY, BD and RRF.

News Children Of Bodom - New Video Online 9 18.02.2008 by matthioso